Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Thank you so much. I am bring a real sad git this afternoon. I am fed up with my other half saying he can't cook because he doesn't know how to cook SW and I told him exactly what to pit in a bolognasie and he poured a load of oil in it. I was not impressed and refused to eat it to prove a point. I now have an index card box with all my SW recipes all alphabetically filled in it and have extra cards at the front for the days of the week. I will make my weeks menu plan by simply placing the recipe card for that day, under that day. No more excuses of not knowing how or what to cook. It's been a lot of work sorting it all out but it is going to be so worth it to see his face when he can't get out of cooking lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

my OH actually dsnt know how to turn the cooker on....NO JOKE (infairness tho the hob is a flat glass touch button thingy)....he eats what i eat and dsnt have a choice in the matter so i can always be sw on plan.....only me to blame if it isnt!!!
hes a bugger for suggesting takeaways tho.....they always get you somehow lol

Give chocolate away, have you all gone mad???!!!!! :p

I'm planning on keeping them as my treats and synning them - when I'm good, I'm really good and will be able to limit myself....the problem is when I'm bad :cool:

my OH actually dsnt know how to turn the cooker on....NO JOKE (infairness tho the hob is a flat glass touch button thingy)....he eats what i eat and dsnt have a choice in the matter so i can always be sw on plan.....only me to blame if it isnt!!!
hes a bugger for suggesting takeaways tho.....they always get you somehow lol

My OH always 'suggests' a take away, yet always moans his clothes don't fit him. I had a really good chat with him the other day and told him that if he wants to cling onto all the Christmas food he can but I am not happy the way I am and intend to do something about it. I have 9 weeks to get into my ball gown and its just not happening at the moment. He said he wanted to lose weight and would follow my advice and food plan, then tipped all the cooking oil into the extra lean mince for our bolognasie. I had Amman about that and he promises to ask if not sure etc. He has been working latest so I prepare his SW meals for him to take with him as I am asleep when he gets home. Greedy git has only opened and eaten a good chunk of the Christmas stollen cake but just closed the box and not said anything. How can you help someone like that??? I keep telling him that the only person he is cheating is himself but he can't see it.

My OH always 'suggests' a take away, yet always moans his clothes don't fit him. I had a really good chat with him the other day and told him that if he wants to cling onto all the Christmas food he can but I am not happy the way I am and intend to do something about it. I have 9 weeks to get into my ball gown and its just not happening at the moment. He said he wanted to lose weight and would follow my advice and food plan, then tipped all the cooking oil into the extra lean mince for our bolognasie. I had Amman about that and he promises to ask if not sure etc. He has been working latest so I prepare his SW meals for him to take with him as I am asleep when he gets home. Greedy git has only opened and eaten a good chunk of the Christmas stollen cake but just closed the box and not said anything. How can you help someone like that??? I keep telling him that the only person he is cheating is himself but he can't see it.

Mine's the same, wants to lose weight and thinks just eating the SW friendly evening meal I prepare will do it - won't knock the beer on the head!

Hey Buddies! Today's plan: -

RED DAY
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, 75g Phil light HEA

Lunch: Mackerel in tomato sauce, lettuce, 2 Ryvitas + Alpen Light Bar HEB, Banana, Satsuma, 0% fruit yoghurt

Dinner: Pork filet, roast veg

Snack: 0% fruit yoghurt, Penguin 5.5 syns, Alpen Light 3 syns

Last edited:
Shred with weights DVD came.....won't work on my ps3 or DVD player....USA import grrrrrrrr oh we'll will you tube some stuff again

Tea is yet to be decided....something with sweet potato I think

Sorry buddy forgot to post today's plan. Had it written down and have stuck to it so far

B'fast: beans, mushrooms, tomatoes
Lunch: vegetable soup and sugar free yogurt jelly
Dinner: homemade fish cakes (HEB) asparagus, and leftover cauli and broccoli from last night
Snacks: ryvita,Philly and jam as usual, (HEA,B and 2 syns) satsuma, apple, pineapple, pecan nuts(syns ?) dark chocolate (2 syns) for hot drink (HEA)

Exercise

9709 steps so far with 8 flights of steps so will easily hit 10k target and 10 stairs
As part of this I did 30 day shred level 1. Yesterday was kettlebells and walking on the beach. I've decided I need to get a dog!

Tomorrow

B'fast: pineapple and yogurt with oats
Lunch: being taken out but will stick to plan
Dinner: chicken and veg stir fry, muller fat free Greek yog - coconut (1/2 syn)
Snacks: apple, banana, Port and lemon 5 syns

Kettlebells again tomorrow. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!!!!

Really need to see some movement on the scales to get my motivation back. Have been weighing daily (naughty I know) but am stuck at same weight after 5 days. Maybe there's a problem with the scales she says hopefully.

God, today has been hard, but stuck to the plan - gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Want to see a big loss this week, so am determined. Just hungry and peckish and generally blech.

Good luck everyone - just being here and keeping at it and being accountable is meaning that we WILL get to our goals. Rah rah rah!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

God, today has been hard, but stuck to the plan - gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Want to see a big loss this week, so am determined. Just hungry and peckish and generally blech.

Good luck everyone - just being here and keeping at it and being accountable is meaning that we WILL get to our goals. Rah rah rah!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Well done Honey39. Stick with it. You are our role model!

Have woken up feeling really positive about my weight loss campaign. I think it's the thought of clothes - which have been on my mind of late. My friends in Vienna have raised talk of another clothes swap. They have been such a fantastic source of great clothes as I have been downsizing. I have a beautiful pale blue Gap puffa jacket that I live in. Every time I wear it I am reminded of a fellow "loser" and how far we have come together. Yesterday I found a gorgeous turquoise summer skirt (Monsoon) for £1.50 - it just fits if I breathe in so should be perfect. It will be washed, ironed and hung in the wardrobe as a reminder of what is to come.

What motivates you?

Jeans! I think you can always look nice when you are 'dressed up' but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE being able to sling on a pair of jeans and a jumper and still look good :D

RED DAY
Breakfast: 60g wholemeal HEB, 2 eggs

Lunch: Ham, Alpen Light Bars HEB, Banana, Satsumas, 0% fruit yoghurt

Dinner: Pork filet, Roast beef, lettuce, dressing 1 syn

Snack: Various chocolates 8 syns

RED DAY
Breakfast: 60g wholemeal HEB, 2 eggs

Lunch: Ham, Alpen Light Bars HEB, Banana, Satsumas, 0% fruit yoghurt

Dinner: Pork filet, Roast beef, lettuce, dressing 1 syn

Snack: Various chocolates 8 syns

I knew the chocolates would appear! I cant eat a few at a time. It's a box or nothing. Goodluck!

Am bracing myself for a kettlebell session. Fine once I get going,Its the thought of it. Wonder how long it takes to get addicted to exercise?

Plan for tomorrow

B'fast: egg, tomato, whole meal roll.
Lunch : grilled chicken, asparagus, spinach
Dinner: salmon, salad, new potatoes, yogurt and fruit
Snacks: banana, apple, pecan nuts

Exercise: will struggle to hit 10k steps as driving. 30 day shred first thing before I leave.

Hey Buddies - still chipping away this week! Today's plan: -

RED DAY
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, 75g Phil Light HEA

Lunch: Ham, Tuna, 2 x Ryvitas + Alpen Light Bar HEB, Satsumas, Orange

Dinner: Steak, lettuce, dressing 1 syn

Snack: Various chocolates 5 syns, Alpen Light 3 syns, Banana, 0% fruit yoghurt

Last edited:
Well doing well so far. Not gone over 5 syns a day, not missing it either tbh. Mon and today I've done 15-20mins of basic kettle bell moves plus 100 stomach crunches. Also been taking the dog on 25min walk each night. Lets hope I stick at it!

Why is it so hard to stick to plan when I'm away working? I tried so hard all day yesterday - fruit and yogurt for B'fast, salmon and salad for lunch then blew it all in the evening! My business partner wanted to go out to eat and who am I to refuse? Thought Lebanese would be a wise choice but on reflection, maybe not. Offered to drive so I didn't drink (well one glass of wine) and tucked into a mezze starter and lamb and couscous. By the time I got home, my skirt was digging into my stomach which was not a good sign. Double whammy is that I did less than 3000 steps and only 6 flights of stairs.

When will I learn?

Why is it so hard to stick to plan when I'm away working? I tried so hard all day yesterday - fruit and yogurt for B'fast, salmon and salad for lunch then blew it all in the evening! My business partner wanted to go out to eat and who am I to refuse? Thought Lebanese would be a wise choice but on reflection, maybe not. Offered to drive so I didn't drink (well one glass of wine) and tucked into a mezze starter and lamb and couscous. By the time I got home, my skirt was digging into my stomach which was not a good sign. Double whammy is that I did less than 3000 steps and only 6 flights of stairs.

When will I learn?

I know what you mean, but then we have to have lives too! The way I look at this kind of situation now is that a "normal" person would eat and drink what you did last night and not even give it a second thought. They wouldn't get up today and berate themselves for it, it is just "normal" life. I know it is different when you're on a weight loss campaign but you haven't blown it, you overate at one meal. We all need to be much easier on ourselves!

Now remind me of the above the next time I'm complaining about having a blow out :rolleyes:

Yesterdays actual:-

GREEN DAY

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, 75g Philadelphia Light HEA
Lunch: Baked Potato, Cottage Cheese, Banana, 0% Fruit Yoghurt, Alpen Light Bar 3 syns
Dinner: Chicken Tikka Masala HEB with cream 3 syns, Rice
Snacks: 0% Fruit Yoghurt, Satsuma, Chocolate 3 syns

No exercise though!

Today's Plan:

I have no idea yet!!

Thanks for helping me to keep things in perspective M Louise H. I have to remind myself that I am in this for the long haul and it's about a lifestyle change not abstinence.

Have been struggling to shift any weight for a month now and whilst it's not going back on, it is very frustrating. What do you do to get off the plateau?

Today's plan

Bfast: egg, tomato and bacon (HEB)
Lunch: homemade vegetable soup, yogurt
Dinner: pasta, tomato sauce with lentils. Apple
Snacks: ryvita, cream cheese and jam (HEA, HEB) hot chocolate (HEA) banana

Exercise: kettlebells, 5000 steps (long drive home) 10 flights stairs

Back