Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Breakfast: I have had some mushrooms, half a tin of spaghetti and two small slices wholemeal bread (from the 400g loaf)

Been for an hour and 20 min dog walk!

Dinner: tomato, onion and herb pasta n sauce with a bag f steamed veg thrown in. Also some tikka chicken chunks cut up and thrown in...

Unsure of syn value of this! 200g pack it has 130cals per half pack and 2.3g of fat any ideas people?

Much appreciated :)

2.5 on but given that I ate 2 whole boxes and a packet of biscuits last weekend (plus a meal out and takeaway) ill take it.
Arse is firmly back in gear!

At least you know the cause of the weight gain. I am also sure that it can take more than a single week for the bad eating to show on the scales. Keep posting. We'll get there this year.

I also was tempted by biscuits last night but I didn't give in! Would be real pleased about it if I wasn't so annoyed...OH bought 2little hotel room packs with him from his trip away and bought them in with a cup of tea. This is after him saying not to do much food for tea as he wasn't that hungry. He passed them me and I chucked them on his seat n told him to bring me in some grapes lol
He goes absolutely crazy if I get treats and tempt him with them as he's trying to loose weight. Yet it's ok for him to do it when I've got over 2 stone to loose and he's not even got a stone. Then he moans wen I complain about being fat. Been awake since 7am getting annoyed about it still
lol might accidentally roll over and hit him in the face with my arm lol

Back home so back in control.

Today's plan (green day)

B'fast: mushrooms, egg and beans
Lunch: Ribolitta soup. Yogurt with meringue and apple snow.
Dinner: pasta, tomato and caper sauce with a side serving of sprouts and carrots
Snacks: banana, clementine, ryvita, Philly and jam

Kettlebells, 10,000 steps, 10 stairs

Will not angst about scales tomorrow. What will be, will be. Who am I kidding??

I'd better get more than 0.5lb off this week, I will be proper mardy if not!!

Yesterday:

GREEN DAY
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, 75g Philadelphia Light HEA
Lunch: Banana, 0% Fruit Yoghurt, Alpen Light 3 syns
Dinner: Potato & Cheese pie HEB, beans
Snacks: Chocolates 6 syns

Today's plan: -
RED DAY
Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB, 75 g Philadelphia Light HEA
Lunch: Eggs, 2 Ryvitas + Alpen Light HEB, Banana
Dinner: Pork filet, lettuce salad, dressing 1 syn

Snacks: small piece of OH's homemade sausage roll 4 syns?, chocolates 5 syns

Last edited:
Well, shameful to report, I have gained 3lbs this week. That's not good, but I know why:
- birthday on Wednesday, and two nights out
- quitting smoking

I have been to the gym five times this week, and about half the week I was eating well; the other three days I've been overeating. My birthday falls at a terrible time, 9 days after the start of the New Year, it's close enough to Christmas that it adds to the holiday gain, and far enough away that it stretches it out. So, I'm not too bothered by this gain. Looking at my diaries for the last two years, I have done something similar every year, and got back on track straight afterwards.

Being free from smoking this week is also another factor, and to be totally honest, I'd settle for a few pounds gain while I quit smoking and then lose the 25 lbs weight this year. So this week I'm being nice to myself and not beating myself up about this gain. That said, I WILL see a loss next Sunday to get me back below 200lbs again. 202.5 lbs is not where I want to be. I want to be at 170lbs!!!! I also like the fact of having 150lbs loss under my belt :)

Good luck everyone with Sunday morning weigh-in!

Well, shameful to report, I have gained 3lbs this week. That's not good, but I know why:
- quitting smoking

I have been to the gym five times this week, and about half the week I was eating well; the other three days I've been overeating. My birthday falls at a terrible time, 9 days after the start of the New Year, it's close enough to Christmas that it adds to the holiday gain, and far enough away that it stretches it out. So, I'm not too bothered by this gain. Looking at my diaries for the last two years, I have done something similar every year, and got back on track straight afterwards.

Being free from smoking this week is also another factor, and to be totally honest, I'd settle for a few pounds gain while I quit smoking and then lose the 25 lbs weight this year. So this week I'm being nice to myself and not beating myself up about this gain. That said, I WILL see a loss next Sunday to get me back below 200lbs again. 202.5 lbs is not where I want to be. I want to be at 170lbs!!!! I also like the fact of having 150lbs loss under my belt :)

Well done on starting to be a non-smoker - I never looked at at as 'giving up', starting something sounds much more positive! I'll have been a non-smoker for 10 years on 1 June and it's the best thing I ever did - well, that and losing 4 stone ;)

- quitting smoking

Honey, you should be very proud of yourself for being smoke free for a week. Give yourself a huge pat on the back. As for the weight, one thing at a time. I am a smoking cessation practitioner and an ex smoker so know just how hard it is. Crack the smoking, then tackle the weight. You will gain weight whilst giving up but you can deal with that once you are free from cigarettes. Well done x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

- quitting smoking

Well done Honey - you might have gained, but you've understood why and you won't let it put you off! Congratulations on having a smoke-free week as well. That's my next aim - I smoke far too much when I'm trying to diet. A friend of mine has given up using those electronic cigarettes - 3 months now and no slip-ups, which is amazing seeing as he used to smoke about 20 small cigars a day!

Hope you have a fab week hon! x

Honey 3lb is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and as you mentioned on looking back at your diaries you have done the same over the last 2 years. Giving up smoking is a massive achievement in itself but to do that and be on a weightloss plan together!! You should be proud of yourself, Good Luck for the week ahead and dont forget ........... Were all on the same journey and here to support each other to just holler x

My report also goes in the hall of shame. 1 1/2lb on and I also know why. Was working away for a couple of days so a couple of meals out and travelling back I succumbed to a meal deal ( sandwiches and crisp) Dont know why I did it. My head is all over the place and I am in real danger of slipping into my old ways. Must get a grip.

Have done one hour of kettlebells and had a chopped apple and muller light yogurt for B'fast. Decided that I will try some red days for a change as I do tend to go overboard on the carbs on green days. A red day forces me to up the beg content.

Everyday I am going to report on my eating, exercise and motivation so that I can gauge my mood and rein things in. Next week will see a significant downward shift as I absolutely refuse to climb back into the twelves. (stones not size!!!)

Could I be eating too much fruit? I occasionally have a handful of nuts on top of what I post but otherwise Im fairly good at sticking to my meal plan. Help me out here folks.....what can I do differently?

MLouiseH - fantastic loss. I have never lost that much in a week. What's the secret? Green, red or EE?

Kimmie - ditto you - fantastic loss. I know you have been trying really hard this past week and it has paid off. Good for you

Honey39 - love your philosophy of reviewing your achievement to date. If you can do that, you can certainly reach 170lbs. I think you're right to decide that not smoking is more important than the weight loss. Trying to do both will be a challenge so if there is anything we can do to help you - shout.

Back