Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Been on slimming world a few time but never wrote a food dairy etc however weighin on sunday Im amazed to say Ive lost 6.5 lbs :D

Hello,

It's my 2nd week on EE and I'm also a Sunday weigh-er (online member) and I've lost .5kg today, slightly disappointed as I lost 1.7kg last week. Stupid to be down about it I know but I can't help it! Good Luck to everyone for next week x

Well, shameful to report, I have gained 3lbs this week. That's not good, but I know why:
- birthday on Wednesday, and two nights out
- quitting smoking

I have been to the gym five times this week, and about half the week I was eating well; the other three days I've been overeating. My birthday falls at a terrible time, 9 days after the start of the New Year, it's close enough to Christmas that it adds to the holiday gain, and far enough away that it stretches it out. So, I'm not too bothered by this gain. Looking at my diaries for the last two years, I have done something similar every year, and got back on track straight afterwards.

Being free from smoking this week is also another factor, and to be totally honest, I'd settle for a few pounds gain while I quit smoking and then lose the 25 lbs weight this year. So this week I'm being nice to myself and not beating myself up about this gain. That said, I WILL see a loss next Sunday to get me back below 200lbs again. 202.5 lbs is not where I want to be. I want to be at 170lbs!!!! I also like the fact of having 150lbs loss under my belt :)

Good luck everyone with Sunday morning weigh-in!

You should be so proud of yourself for (a) giving up smoking and (b) your journey so far! Good luck x

Well I had my breakfast lol made my mate poach the eggs, trim the bacon etc then I treated myself to a pot of tea, jam scone with clotted cream at sainsburys much to her dislike pmsl but you know wat I don't care! I worked hard this week at plan and I'm going to work hard every week and at some point you have got to live. Plus she watched some tv programme about 'diet' stuff being bad for you so I've had nonsense about that for 2 weeks off her so I very much enjoyed eating the 700+ cal scones n tea as it wasnt diet food so it couldn't possibly be bad for me lol

Does any1 else get sick of people who have never had weight problems telling you about diets and classing sw as a diet...think we know wat works don't you seeing as we've all lost quite a few pounds! Lol

Going off topic....I've had one of those new Turkish delight mullers....yum!! And I'm drinking a mug of the new dou egberts (can't remember the name lol) hazelnut coffee!!! Very very nice!!!

I've got kleftico lamb from the sw online site cooking in the oven...free on EE and red, and I've already done my salad for work tomo so I'm still hitting it hard

I'm going to set myself a target of 1 stone too loose by my week off work 11th feb going to be tough but I need a kick up the bum due to my poor effort since November ....I did originally just put by end of jan...which would mean min 2.5lb week in 2/3 weeks we have left of jan....having been doing this for a while I know u can get big losses on your first few weeks due to health shock to body so I'm predicting the big losses I've just had will slow down now....but if I do manage it in jan I'm going to treat myself...not sure wat yet lol

My report also goes in the hall of shame. 1 1/2lb on and I also know why. Was working away for a couple of days so a couple of meals out and travelling back I succumbed to a meal deal ( sandwiches and crisp) Dont know why I did it. My head is all over the place and I am in real danger of slipping into my old ways. Must get a grip.

Have done one hour of kettlebells and had a chopped apple and muller light yogurt for B'fast. Decided that I will try some red days for a change as I do tend to go overboard on the carbs on green days. A red day forces me to up the beg content.

Everyday I am going to report on my eating, exercise and motivation so that I can gauge my mood and rein things in. Next week will see a significant downward shift as I absolutely refuse to climb back into the twelves. (stones not size!!!)

Could I be eating too much fruit? I occasionally have a handful of nuts on top of what I post but otherwise Im fairly good at sticking to my meal plan. Help me out here folks.....what can I do differently?

MLouiseH - fantastic loss. I have never lost that much in a week. What's the secret? Green, red or EE?

Kimmie - ditto you - fantastic loss. I know you have been trying really hard this past week and it has paid off. Good for you

Honey39 - love your philosophy of reviewing your achievement to date. If you can do that, you can certainly reach 170lbs. I think you're right to decide that not smoking is more important than the weight loss. Trying to do both will be a challenge so if there is anything we can do to help you - shout.

Well I had my breakfast lol made my mate poach the eggs, trim the bacon etc then I treated myself to a pot of tea, jam scone with clotted cream at sainsburys much to her dislike pmsl but you know wat I don't care! I worked hard this week at plan and I'm going to work hard every week and at some point you have got to live. Plus she watched some tv programme about 'diet' stuff being bad for you so I've had nonsense about that for 2 weeks off her so I very much enjoyed eating the 700+ cal scones n tea as it wasnt diet food so it couldn't possibly be bad for me lol

Does any1 else get sick of people who have never had weight problems telling you about diets and classing sw as a diet...think we know wat works don't you seeing as we've all lost quite a few pounds! Lol

Going off topic....I've had one of those new Turkish delight mullers....yum!! And I'm drinking a mug of the new dou egberts (can't remember the name lol) hazelnut coffee!!! Very very nice!!!

I've got kleftico lamb from the sw online site cooking in the oven...free on EE and red, and I've already done my salad for work tomo so I'm still hitting it hard

I'm going to set myself a target of 1 stone too loose by my week off work 11th feb going to be tough but I need a kick up the bum due to my poor effort since November ....I did originally just put by end of jan...which would mean min 2.5lb week in 2/3 weeks we have left of jan....having been doing this for a while I know u can get big losses on your first few weeks due to health shock to body so I'm predicting the big losses I've just had will slow down now....but if I do manage it in jan I'm going to treat myself...not sure wat yet lol

Like you Kimmie my losses will slow down now - mine is just levelling out after my huge Christmas/New Year gain. I gained 10lbs and in 2 weeks have lost 5.5lbs of it. Happy with that but have lost the plot today big time...never mind, start again tomorrow!

Hello,

It's my 2nd week on EE and I'm also a Sunday weigh-er (online member) and I've lost .5kg today, slightly disappointed as I lost 1.7kg last week. Stupid to be down about it I know but I can't help it! Good Luck to everyone for next week x

Where in Kefalonia are you? I LOVE the island so much, I worked in Sami back in 1996 (pre Corelli's Mandolin!!)...oh to be on Myrtos beach :eek:

Morning guys, thank you all for the nice comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So encouraging :)

I've not been smoking (again) for long, started again about two months ago when a relationship ended, but I took to it with gusto, and was back on about 15 a day. The other thing was, and it frightened me, how seductive the thought was that this was an alternative to over eating. Even now it's a thought. SO, am determined to be smoke-free, and I've had a couple of weeks where weight loss suffered, but this week is going to see a 3 lbs loss to get me back to Wonderland!

Where in Kefalonia are you? I LOVE the island so much, I worked in Sami back in 1996 (pre Corelli's Mandolin!!)...oh to be on Myrtos beach :eek:[/QUOTE]

Hello!

I live in Karavomylos (very close to Sami) been here 9 yrs, are you on mainland, whereabouts? We had our wedding pictures taken on Myrtos beach - it's one of the most beautiful places on earth isn't it?

Where in Kefalonia are you? I LOVE the island so much, I worked in Sami back in 1996 (pre Corelli's Mandolin!!)...oh to be on Myrtos beach :eek:

Hello!

I live in Karavomylos (very close to Sami) been here 9 yrs, are you on mainland, whereabouts? We had our wedding pictures taken on Myrtos beach - it's one of the most beautiful places on earth isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I live close to Stoupa in the Peloponnese, about an hour south of Kalamata. I know Karavomylos, is the Athina Beach Hotel still there? I knew the owner many years ago.

How's every1 doing So far this week?

Food wise I've been really good....making up for Sunday lol I'm blaming the snow for my lack of effort with the dog walking lol
I've got into the sons of anarchy tv series so I've been going to bed later then normal...draining my effort n energy

I've been much better food wise - say 7 out of 10. Exercise 9/10 and motivation high.

OH came home last night after 3 weeks away so I will be more inclined to stick to plan. He doesn't say anything but I can almost sense the raised eyebrow when I eat anything naughty! We also walk in the evening which I am not keen on doing on my own. The seafront is beautiful late at night and adds 5000 steps to my daily total.

I am really struggling this week. I had a TERRIBLE Sunday and, although I've been on track since, it's taking every bit of self-control not to pig out. I need to get back into the exercise but just can't find my motivation at the moment.

Hope you're all having a better week x

Totally lost motivation to do any extra exercise other then walking the dog this week. In my defence tho my job does involve walking around all day and lifting boxes. Think I'm coming down with a cold aswell which isn't helping my efforts lol been very good food wise, with syns very very low. Weather is grim tho so salads for dinner at work aren't winning any points with me...going to have to do the mug shots I think or even push the boat out n buy a jacket spud at works restaurant lol
Hope this week isn't dragging as much for you guys as it is for me....hurry up Friday!!

Hi all, I am a Sunday weigh at home-er so thought I'd join in. Not having a bad week, have managed 4 out if my 5 days exercising but had 12-15 syns each day! I know it suits me to lose slower and have maximum syns. What exotic places you guys live in!

Ladies, I'm a traitor...I've joined a wed group! So am going to see how I get on in there for a while...will still nosy to see how you lovelies get on! Good luck!

:cry:

I've been thinking of moving to Saturday weighing. On the one hand it will give me more flexibility and less stress at the weekend but on the other the Sunday WI keeps me in check on a Saturday night. Decisions, decisions!

Anyway, I managed to stay on track yesterday but only by the skin of my teeth. DD brought home a gorgeous looking chocolate and orange cake, which I spent all evening resisting. I've made OH take it to work with him this morning.

It's been a tough week this week :(

I am really struggling this week. I had a TERRIBLE Sunday and, although I've been on track since, it's taking every bit of self-control not to pig out. I need to get back into the exercise but just can't find my motivation at the moment.

Hope you're all having a better week x

How about just doing 10 minutes? If at that point you feel like carrying on, you can but won't feel bad if you don't. Might be worth a try.

You inspired me to do the 30 day shred which I do alternate days. In my head I am the ultimate couch potato but love the feel good when I'm done. ( smugness not endorphins !)

Totally lost motivation to do any extra exercise other then walking the dog this week. In my defence tho my job does involve walking around all day and lifting boxes. Think I'm coming down with a cold aswell which isn't helping my efforts lol been very good food wise, with syns very very low. Weather is grim tho so salads for dinner at work aren't winning any points with me...going to have to do the mug shots I think or even push the boat out n buy a jacket spud at works restaurant lol
Hope this week isn't dragging as much for you guys as it is for me....hurry up Friday!!

You did so well last week, keep it up. Could you take pasta or rice salads into work? I always think the carbs help. Fingers crossed that the cold doesnt come to anything.

You did so well last week, keep it up. Could you take pasta or rice salads into work? I always think the carbs help. Fingers crossed that the cold doesnt come to anything.

I have been taking pasta n rice salads that's the problem its too blinking cold lol I did do a chicken pasta today tho n heated it up. Got a text off OH tho moaning bout pasta 2 days in a row cuz of the carbs.....told him he knows where the burger van is if he don't want wat I make lol

On the exercise front I've improved by fast walking for 45 mins.....my car wouldn't start so I walked to work lol forced exercise is always the best! Lol
Car now starts.....sods law!!
People at work have noticed I've lost weight again tho...which is nice but slightly freaks me out that people must be regularly watching my ass lol

Anyone else finding the cold weather brings on the munchies or am I just looking for excuses? Certainly not walking as much as the pavements are treacherous. Miss the clean dry pavements of Vienna where it is a fineable offense not to clear your snow away by 10am. Double whammy - less exercise should mean less intake at a time when I am hungrier

How is everyone else doing this week?

Back