Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

I made a HUGE mistake this morning. Got on the scales and weighed the same as last Sunday. How can that be? Just don't know what to do. I've stuck to plan, not had all my syns every day and exercised for England. Ideas anyone?

How have you managed losses of at least a couple of pounds? Could it be portion size? When I see what the rest of you eat, I do seem to consume more. However, SW is supposed to work even when you eat as much as you want as long as it is the right food.

It's enough to make you want to hide in a large bar of chocolate!!

Tomorrow (red)

B'fast: fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: veg soup, ryvita, quark (HEB)
Dinner: pork steak, mushroom sauce, carrot and celeriac salad, broccoli, cauliflower. Sugar free jelly and yogurt with fruit
Snacks: Apple, iced coffee, options choc

D2 L1 shred.

Will do plenty of walking over weekend.

I made a HUGE mistake this morning. Got on the scales and weighed the same as last Sunday. How can that be? Just don't know what to do. I've stuck to plan, not had all my syns every day and exercised for England. Ideas anyone?

How have you managed losses of at least a couple of pounds? Could it be portion size? When I see what the rest of you eat, I do seem to consume more. However, SW is supposed to work even when you eat as much as you want as long as it is the right food.

It's enough to make you want to hide in a large bar of chocolate!!

Tomorrow (red)

B'fast: fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: veg soup, ryvita, quark (HEB)
Dinner: pork steak, mushroom sauce, carrot and celeriac salad, broccoli, cauliflower. Sugar free jelly and yogurt with fruit
Snacks: Apple, iced coffee, options choc

D2 L1 shred.

Will do plenty of walking over weekend.

I wish I had the answer for you! Some weeks the scales just do not show the hard work you've put in, however I do usually find that if you can stay with it it does eventually show. It's tough not to be disheartened though and I've had many 'what's the point?' moments over the years!

Good luck for WI tomorrow, let's hope the scales are kind to all of us x

Today's Plan GREEN DAY: -

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal HEB1, 75g Philadelphia Light HEA1, 250ml semi milk HEA2
Lunch: Baked Potato, Cottage Cheese, Fruit, 0% Fruit Yoghurt, Alpen Light bar 3 syns
Dinner: Spaghetti and Bolognese HEB2

Other: Baileys 2.5 syns

Exercise: L1 D8 30 Day Shred

Last edited:
Decided to give intermittent fasting a go today. Need to do something to kick start the weight loss and eating more to boost my metabolism hasn't worked so this is day2 this week.

So today ( can hardly bear to write it down)

B'fast: porridge (made with water) a spoonful of stewed apricots and a spoon of fat free yogurt. Approx 250 cals
Dinner: veg soup, Salad of carrot, celeriac and broccoli, tiny piece turkey breast. Approx 250 cals

Snacks: none!!

Day2 L1 shred.

Am drinking every flavour herb tea there is to curb the appetite.

Decided to give intermittent fasting a go today. Need to do something to kick start the weight loss and eating more to boost my metabolism hasn't worked so this is day2 this week.

So today ( can hardly bear to write it down)

B'fast: porridge (made with water) a spoonful of stewed apricots and a spoon of fat free yogurt. Approx 250 cals
Dinner: veg soup, Salad of carrot, celeriac and broccoli, tiny piece turkey breast. Approx 250 cals

Snacks: none!!

Day2 L1 shred.

Am drinking every flavour herb tea there is to curb the appetite.

Oh my! You have far more willpower than me and deserve to see a good number tomorrow. Good luck x

Oh my! You have far more willpower than me and deserve to see a good number tomorrow. Good luck x

It's desperate means for desperate times. I am really struggling to stay with it though. Locked myself in the study to work while OH had his lunch.

My fluid intake as gone through the roof! Any ideas for interesting cal free drinks?

Need to keep busy and then it's not so bad. Who am I kidding? Cinema tonight, perhaps.....

Hi daisybell...it's hard to find cal-free drinks...do you like iced tea with lemon or frappe coffee? (if you whizz a spoon of instant coffee with a little water before adding the rest of the water and ice cubes it's somehow better!), soda water and lime juice. Can't think of anything else sorry.

It's like torture at mine today as I am making chocolates for a Valentine's craft market on Monday, smells lush!

Hope we do well tomorrow
x

Hi daisybell...it's hard to find cal-free drinks...do you like iced tea with lemon or frappe coffee? (if you whizz a spoon of instant coffee with a little water before adding the rest of the water and ice cubes it's somehow better!), soda water and lime juice. Can't think of anything else sorry.

It's like torture at mine today as I am making chocolates for a Valentine's craft market on Monday, smells lush!

Hope we do well tomorrow
x

Thanks for the idea about iced tea. I often drink iced coffee as a treat but today I can't do that as milk would take me over 500 cals. My Mum and Dad (in their 80s) fast two days a week and tell me it's easy! Anything you crave, you can eat next day! Won't be the case for me as I will be sticking to SW on full days.

Know what you're going through making the chocs. I am holding a cake sale on Tuesday evening in aid of MIND. Lost a friend to depression two years ago so like to do my bit. Why did I choose a cake sale???? Could be that my Austrian and international friends love all foods English so hoping to make a reasonable amount.(Deleted the list as it was torture on a page.)

Roll on breakfast.

Try the frappe without milk - that's how I drink it as I don't like milk. I put two tsps of coffee in a glass, enough water to make a thin paste and then whizz it until it goes 'creamy', then top up with ice and water.

mmmm cakes.....

Wow fasting takes such will power, well done. Remember that we all go through plateaus in weight loss, but keep doing the right thing, and it will come off. Good luck.

I had a 1 and half lb loss this week, so slowly does it:)

One poxy pound off.

One and a quarter pounds for me. But let's not beat ourselves up - its better than a gain and if we lose this very week until Easter that will be half a stone. Remember we're in this for the long haul so we mustn't get obsessed with losing fast. Steady is the name of the game.

So today is a red day

B'fast: mushroom omelette with grilled tomatoes. Fruit salad and yogurt
Lunch: veg soup and salad
Dinner: pork steak, mushroom sauce (made with fat free quark) broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, whole wheat pasta (HEB)
Snacks: apple, options chocolate (2 syns), iced coffee (HEA), ryvita and marmite

Kettlebells today. Walk planned for the Vienna Woods this afternoon.

Going to paint my nails as a well done for loss this week. What are you going to do?

1kg loss for me, pleased after STS last week. I did s sneaky weigh-in mid week and haven't lost anything since then, think it's to do with my food after Wednesday or just the way it might work?

Daisybell & M Louise H well done, both losses, keep going. Good Luck for the coming week x x

Think I might be an inch shorter than I was yesterday! Have been wearing my Fitbit to monitor activity levels and did over 19,000 steps and 21 flights of stairs. I wonder if that was enough to walk off the chocolate bar I succumbed to? Other than that I stuck to my planned menu 100%.

Today is a green day

B'fast: porridge, fruit (HEB) and yogurt
Lunch: veg soup and salad
Dinner: refried beans, spicy cauliflower and potato wedges. Stewed apricot and yogurt (1 syn?)
Snacks: apple, iced coffee (HEA) ryvita ( HEB) options chocolate (2syns)

Kettlebells today as I couldn't muster the energy yesterday.

Today I am going to reduce my portion sizes a little by swapping dinner plate for smaller version. Also need a strategy to deal with tomorrows bakeathon. Ideas anyone?

I really do need a kick up the backside - yesterday was terrible. I even baked cookies with the full intention of scoffing the lot (about 6 survived!) so I am not the one to ask about surviving a bakeathon :sigh: OH had baked ale bread and I was shovelling that in before it had even cooled down. Topped it all off with a roast dinner with ALL the trimmings and a bottle of wine. Disgraceful :mad:

So here I am, now facing a week of being on plan just to undo yesterday's mess and try and scrape a STS. Arrrggghhhhhhhhh!!

Back