Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Try to focus on the social side and not the food. Can you take a dish with you to any of the events? That way there will definitely be something you can eat. Whether you want to is another matter! Be good until Thursday of you can. God luck

Wise , wise words db - what would I do without you :D

Thursday shouldn't be too bad as it's what we call tsikno-pempti, basically the last day before Lent that you can eat meat. Red day heaven!!! As ever though the demon drink will be looming.

Friday night's fixed menu is: French Onion Soup with homemade warm rolls, steak and kidney pudding and apple crumble and custard :eek:

By Sunday I won't care...............................

Have a great week all x x

Wise , wise words db - what would I do without you :D

Thursday shouldn't be too bad as it's what we call tsikno-pempti, basically the last day before Lent that you can eat meat. Red day heaven!!! As ever though the demon drink will be looming.

Friday night's fixed menu is: French Onion Soup with homemade warm rolls, steak and kidney pudding and apple crumble and custard :eek:

By Sunday I won't care...............................

Have a great week all x x

Hello there! You're right tsikno-pempti won't be too bad (great for veggie me - no temptation) but the supper club menu looks like a SW challenge! Could you avoid the rolls at least? be 100% all of the other days and you might be ok...Don't assume you won't care by Sunday because you probably will, just try to limit the potential 'threats'. Hope the weather is a great there as here today! x

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this so I hope you don't mind me joining, I am a sunday weigh in too!

I have started SW online 18/2/13...12st 10.5lbs. I was delighted when i weighed in a week later to find I have lost 7lbs!!!!! I was over the moon to say the least and it gave me a huge boost to keep going but I weighed myself the next day in the same place (i know i shouldnt do it everyday!) but when i moved it to a different place on the carpet it, it said I was 12st 6.5lb. I was devastated! Don't get me wrong i would be delighted with a four pound weigh lost but just felt like a step back.

I think nights out are going to be my down fall... any advice would be appreciated!!!

does saving your syns up for the week really work?x

x

Hey MrsMX saving syns worked for me at the start but now it tends to just lead to a gain, granted I haven't followed plan properly from Christmas so that probably doesn't help.

I'm on day 3 of being 100% granted I'll only get to Friday (max) at 100% as I'm off to Glasgow til Monday for a drinking session with friends. I also go to London next week so it may be a case of being as good as possible though as soon as I step foot on a plane I tend to forget what syns are and eat everything in sight.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this so I hope you don't mind me joining, I am a sunday weigh in too!

I have started SW online 18/2/13...12st 10.5lbs. I was delighted when i weighed in a week later to find I have lost 7lbs!!!!! I was over the moon to say the least and it gave me a huge boost to keep going but I weighed myself the next day in the same place (i know i shouldnt do it everyday!) but when i moved it to a different place on the carpet it, it said I was 12st 6.5lb. I was devastated! Don't get me wrong i would be delighted with a four pound weigh lost but just felt like a step back.

I think nights out are going to be my down fall... any advice would be appreciated!!!

does saving your syns up for the week really work?x

x

My advice would be to really work hard at only getting weighed on a Sunday. Day by day really is no good, your body can do strange things and daily weighing clearly reflects that.

Originally I was told that I should look at syns over a week, ie 70 syns. However, I think they have changed their minds on this. For me though, if I'm counting I am still in some kind of control so I win the mind game!!

What would you normally nibble on at night?

What is it about planes?? I even checked out easyjet's menu online before I travelled to see what I could have!

Know what you mean Jenna! My thing is airports. I think it's something to do with conditioning - ie we train ourselves to respond in particular ways in certain situations. The danger is that it is an automatic response and we don't even realise what we're doing. Noticing it is the first step to sorting it. I know it sounds boring but packing some SW snacks to munch on when everyone else is ordering their soggy pizza slice or microwaved cheeseburger would help. Be honest - the food isn't even nice!!

I have found Freddos! Freddos are my best friends! Long live Freddos!

Hey MrsMX saving syns worked for me at the start but now it tends to just lead to a gain, granted I haven't followed plan properly from Christmas so that probably doesn't help.

I'm on day 3 of being 100% granted I'll only get to Friday (max) at 100% as I'm off to Glasgow til Monday for a drinking session with friends. I also go to London next week so it may be a case of being as good as possible though as soon as I step foot on a plane I tend to forget what syns are and eat everything in sight.

Haha been there when I have eaten everything in sight...esp after a few drinkies! Thanks for your help I might try it for St Patrick weekend and see if it works :)

You have done sooo well, I think its amazing seeing how much others have lost and that it can actually be done! Do you have any words or tips of wisdom? ;)

My advice would be to really work hard at only getting weighed on a Sunday. Day by day really is no good, your body can do strange things and daily weighing clearly reflects that.

Originally I was told that I should look at syns over a week, ie 70 syns. However, I think they have changed their minds on this. For me though, if I'm counting I am still in some kind of control so I win the mind game!!

What would you normally nibble on at night?

I defo agree it is all a mind game! I think I will try it and see how it goes. I have only used up all my syns one night as I am usually full from all the free food. But when I slip... it's bad! haha no food is safe around me!

At the moment I am trying to nibble on fruit at night or a freddie from the freezer or Snack-a-jacks! What about u?x

Hi, I am loving a cadbury's hightlight sachet mixed into free yoghurt or fromage fraise. Huge chocolate hit for few syns!

Back home after a very successful business trip. It's amazing how that buzzing feeling takes my mind off food. Need to get back into the thick of it and focus on work more.

Today is a green day

Bfast: scrambled egg and beans
Lunch: ribolita soup
Dinner: lentil and mushroom casserole with potatoes and broccoli
Snacks: apple, pear, fat free yogurt jelly, Freddo (not sure ow many syns)

Kettle bells

Our BBQ has been cancelled today so nothing in the way of another 100% day. Red all the way today as it's MEAT DAY!!!

Do you have your own business daisybell?

Daisybell what are kettle bells? my imagination is running riot!
MLH - why is tsikno pempti cancelled? We have very high winds here - nice 'cause I can hear the waves!

I'm looking for some advice...I've been ill all week and haven't managed to eat much in the way of superfree and have skipped a few meals...I am making a carrot soup to try to make up but any ideas for a quick fix?

[h=5][/h]

MLH - why is tsikno pempti cancelled? We have very high winds here - nice 'cause I can hear the waves!

We were going to a BBQ at my boss's house but she had to cancel at the last minute. OH is at the supermarket as I type purchasing meat for us to cook at home instead. Wild and windy here too :eek:

Morning guys!

Well, despite being on holiday this week, I've lost 2 lbs this week, which is a relief after last week's gain. I am pleased with this result because:
- I've not been eating that well
- I've been off work (cue slightly out of control eating)
- I've been to the gym again (five times) and have been building up my fitness
- I'm still not smoking - makes it four weeks, so hopefully the munchies and restlessness is diminishing now

I am off work again for Monday and Tuesday, then back to work. So I hope to see another good loss next week, taking me back down the scale.

One thing that pleases me a lot is the fact that I am still here and still losing in Week 136. I wish so much that I could be at goal, but I'll take the fact t hat I am hanging in there. Two and a half years plus, and weight loss remains my most important goal. I haven't had any major gains in that time, I either am losing or holding steady. It takes a lot of attention and focus, but it does feel like the way I live my life now. I can't imagine what would trigger me back to my old eating habits long term now. I know that might be tempting fate, but even when I eat pizza and drink, the next day it's back to porridge and good intentions. I hope that remains.

Anyway, enough rambling. Good Sunday result and pleased about it!!

Well done honey, your positivity remains an inspiration to us all!

2lbs off for me this week so I have my 3.5 stone sticky back.

Back