Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Morning,

Just 300g off (a lousy third of a pound), then again I haven't eaten much this week and haven't moved from the bed or sofa as I have flu. A bit disappointed.

Morning guys!

Well, despite being on holiday this week, I've lost 2 lbs this week, which is a relief after last week's gain. I am pleased with this result because:
- I've not been eating that well
- I've been off work (cue slightly out of control eating)
- I've been to the gym again (five times) and have been building up my fitness
- I'm still not smoking - makes it four weeks, so hopefully the munchies and restlessness is diminishing now

I am off work again for Monday and Tuesday, then back to work. So I hope to see another good loss next week, taking me back down the scale.

One thing that pleases me a lot is the fact that I am still here and still losing in Week 136. I wish so much that I could be at goal, but I'll take the fact t hat I am hanging in there. Two and a half years plus, and weight loss remains my most important goal. I haven't had any major gains in that time, I either am losing or holding steady. It takes a lot of attention and focus, but it does feel like the way I live my life now. I can't imagine what would trigger me back to my old eating habits long term now. I know that might be tempting fate, but even when I eat pizza and drink, the next day it's back to porridge and good intentions. I hope that remains.

Anyway, enough rambling. Good Sunday result and pleased about it!!

I think you are an inspiration! Your determination and commitment shows us that it can be done. I'm on week 2 and have lost 4.5 this week and I am delighted! I know it will not be huge losses every week but I am hoping and aiming for 1lb a week. I have finally said enough is enough, my weight is holding me back and getting me really down. It is time to change...taking each day as it comes. It is not matter of IF I will reach my goal only a matter of WHEN :)

Please keep us updated on your progress you are doing amazing!x

Well done honey, your positivity remains an inspiration to us all!

2lbs off for me this week so I have my 3.5 stone sticky back.

Thank you!!! That's so nice of you - huge well done on getting the 3.5 stone sticky!! You're doing fabulously well :)

that is fab, well done you

Thank you!!! It's been a long long long slog!

I think you are an inspiration! Your determination and commitment shows us that it can be done. I'm on week 2 and have lost 4.5 this week and I am delighted! I know it will not be huge losses every week but I am hoping and aiming for 1lb a week. I have finally said enough is enough, my weight is holding me back and getting me really down. It is time to change...taking each day as it comes. It is not matter of IF I will reach my goal only a matter of WHEN :)

Please keep us updated on your progress you are doing amazing!x

Well done!! I think I've logged every single one of those 136 weeks here on this thread, good and bad! I would say hand on heart, the thing that's worked for me is weighing in and being accountable every single week without fail. It really does build up, and becomes a way (weigh?!) of life. Loads of people have come and gone on this thread, and I don't know how many people have left because they got to goal. But for me, if ever I go silent, it's because I'm regaining - and that's the one thing I don't ever want to do. So I'll turn up and post my results every Sunday morning, gain, loss or stay the same. That really really works for me.

Thank you!!! That's so nice of you - huge well done on getting the 3.5 stone sticky!! You're doing fabulously well :)

Thank you!!! It's been a long long long slog!

Well done!! I think I've logged every single one of those 136 weeks here on this thread, good and bad! I would say hand on heart, the thing that's worked for me is weighing in and being accountable every single week without fail. It really does build up, and becomes a way (weigh?!) of life. Loads of people have come and gone on this thread, and I don't know how many people have left because they got to goal. But for me, if ever I go silent, it's because I'm regaining - and that's the one thing I don't ever want to do. So I'll turn up and post my results every Sunday morning, gain, loss or stay the same. That really really works for me.

Well Honey39 I am going to do the same and commit to weighing in here every Sunday! I did SW a few years ago but struggled after a few weeks during the week without the support. I feel something is different this time, maybe its belief that I can actually do it this time, seeing all the wonderful success stories and being able to log in for instance support when I am struggling!

Late post again but I've managed to lose 4lb which means 9lb in 2 weeks....which has almost cancelled the 11lb in 1 week I put on due to meds n comfort eating. Any 1 up for doing some form of summer challenge? I set myself a 4 stone goal last year for my hol but only got 3stone off....this year I'm setting a 3 stone goal. Still doing vegan plan tho at mo.
hope all the mums had a good Mother's Day !!

Late post again but I've managed to lose 4lb which means 9lb in 2 weeks....which has almost cancelled the 11lb in 1 week I put on due to meds n comfort eating. Any 1 up for doing some form of summer challenge? I set myself a 4 stone goal last year for my hol but only got 3stone off....this year I'm setting a 3 stone goal. Still doing vegan plan tho at mo.
hope all the mums had a good Mother's Day !!

Great loss Kimmie, well done! How you getting on with sorting your meds out?

Stuck on the same 1s my doc last gave me and he's referred me else where but not said anything bout wat to do wen I run out...ill just come off them then wait till it all goes tits up again.....wash rinse and repeat if needed lol same old thing each time. Feeling bit more normal at least so hoping it stays same for while. Got an op end of month tho so need to loose as much as poss cuz I might be sofa bound for a while lol

On a diff note we nearly got a new puppy today but sale fell through. Gutted and now ill be up all night brooding about it lol

Hi all i am a returning member to the Sunday weighers. Hope that i can rejoin you all. Back in 2010 i started my weight loss journey and by the middle of 2011 i had lost 4st and whilst it wasn't target i had another 2st to go i maintained this. However an exciting 2012 has put me back quite a step. I found out i was having twins in July 2012 and gave birth 3 months early to my beautiful bundles olivia and Emmett in November. The first 3 months of their lives i lived at the hospital with them and finally at the end of Jan 2013 we brought them home. In this time i have gained back 3st 6lb.

Its not ideal and its nearly the full amount i had lost but i am ready to start again. I certainly need the energy. I know it is possible because i have done it previous so here's to a new start.

Hi all i am a returning member to the Sunday weighers. Hope that i can rejoin you all. Back in 2010 i started my weight loss journey and by the middle of 2011 i had lost 4st and whilst it wasn't target i had another 2st to go i maintained this. However an exciting 2012 has put me back quite a step. I found out i was having twins in July 2012 and gave birth 3 months early to my beautiful bundles olivia and Emmett in November. The first 3 months of their lives i lived at the hospital with them and finally at the end of Jan 2013 we brought them home. In this time i have gained back 3st 6lb.

Its not ideal and its nearly the full amount i had lost but i am ready to start again. I certainly need the energy. I know it is possible because i have done it previous so here's to a new start.

Huge congrats on your beautiful babies! I'd say you must be getting your exercise looking after them. Just wanted to say welcome back and I hope your first week goes well :Dx

Thanks mrsmx. They are certainly keeping me on my toes but meal wise i am going to have to do a lot of forward planning. My issue seems to be not having time to eat and then just grabbing rubbish when i can. Lots of batch cooking and healthy snacks to hand. I have done ok today and managed a healthy lunch and dinner unfortunate that didn't get round to breakfast.

Just take it one day at a time. I know it might sound silly but it has worked the last 2 weeks for me, not looking to far ahead just taking each day as it comes! I do a lot of bulk freezing and it really helps me stay on track

Stuck on the same 1s my doc last gave me and he's referred me else where but not said anything bout wat to do wen I run out...ill just come off them then wait till it all goes tits up again.....wash rinse and repeat if needed lol same old thing each time. Feeling bit more normal at least so hoping it stays same for while. Got an op end of month tho so need to loose as much as poss cuz I might be sofa bound for a while lol

On a diff note we nearly got a new puppy today but sale fell through. Gutted and now ill be up all night brooding about it lol

Not nice for you having the thought of an op looming, hope it all goes well.
There were two puppies on the beach here yesterday looking for homes, even in my drunken state I managed to resist!

I can't think of 2 better reasons to have fallen off the SW wagon - congratulations!

Just take it one day at a time. I know it might sound silly but it has worked the last 2 weeks for me, not looking to far ahead just taking each day as it comes! I do a lot of bulk freezing and it really helps me stay on track

This exactly ^^. Find a moment to pre plan if you can and when you do cook always do double and freeze.

I blew it post WI yesterday and undid all my hard work. Will now, again!, be playing catch up all week.

Honey39 - you have shamed me into reporting in - what a coward I am. 2lb gain and I feel everything is unravelling. I start every day with good intentions and then mid afternoon it all goes to pot and I devour whatever I can get my hands on. If I start, nothing will stop me. Help. What is going on?

kimmie - well done on sorting the weight gain. You are an inspiration too as it would be so easy to use the op as an excuse but you are using it at as reason to up the anti. I am definitely up for a challenge for the summer. Will you start a separate thread? If so, let me know and I will join you. My target is now almost 2 stone (when it should have been one by now!)

Well done on the loss M Louise H. Don't throw it away. There is real merit in the saying "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" so much harder to lose than put on.

SarahJohnston - congratulations! Aren't twins and planning at opposite ends of the spectrum? I imagine that the contents of your shopping trolley will have the greatest impact on your weight so a bit of planning there should work wonders. Do you have friends and family who are supporting you and willing to cook for you from time to time? If so a few recipes to share would also help you. Pete Bilsat has a great thread on here that might be useful. Good luck and keep posting.

Busy week ahead so need to do some forward planning of my own. Soup and bananas are good standbys for me.

Y'know guys I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all of your inspiration, advice and honesty. I hope we all have a great week and continue to support each other through our struggles and celebrate our losses together! x

Im new to this site never usedanythink like this before but been doing slimming world for a few months iv lost 1stone 10 lb so far but feel like I'm stuck in a rut and needs some new motivation

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me joining? Weighed in at home yesterday with a 2lb loss. But then fell off the wagon so probably all back on this week!

I was terrible yesterday too and have fed my hangover today with chips, pizza and chocolate.....tomorrow, as they say, is another day!

Im new to this site never usedanythink like this before but been doing slimming world for a few months iv lost 1stone 10 lb so far but feel like I'm stuck in a rut and needs some new motivation

Have a look at the thread 'Pete's Recipe Book' on here it is packed with loads of fab recipes. I think the index is on page 60 of his thread.

Hi all, I am late in posting, but yesterday lost 2lb - so I have my first stone off whoo hoo!

Well done for all the loses - and don't worry if you fell off the wagon - just get back on again!

Hi all, I am late in posting, but yesterday lost 2lb - so I have my first stone off whoo hoo!

Well done for all the loses - and don't worry if you fell off the wagon - just get back on again!

Well done ruthiehammers.

Nearly half way through week one and have been 100% so far. How is everyone doing.

Whilst have been 100% unfortunately have missed a few meals and not had many snacks of fruit or much water which am going to try harder on.

Back