Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Easter Sunday is first UK arrivals in resort so OH will be working. I've been invited to my boss' so me and the little 'un will probably go there for a proper Greek meatfest! My in laws having a BBQ on Good Friday too so it could be a tough week, not forgetting all the Easter eggs too!

What are your plans? Have the Brits started their season in Kef?

Our first guests have been and gone (Easyjet & Ryanair started early), next arrivals Saturday for us. We'll go to our old neighbours house for Easter (pig and goat - usually a fish for me) like normal. It's really good, traditional and even better from a SW point of view mostly teetotal. Lotsa food, bread and chocolate for us too! I'm going to try and make a tsoureki this week (and then not eat it all!)

Morning guys, another 1lb off for me - so moving in the right direction:)

1.25 lbs off for me. Pleased as punch as I was away for three days again. Missed my SW club and will again for next two weeks. If I can keep the momentum going Ill probably call it a day.

My next target is a visit back to Vienna for 10 days at the end of May. Would like to be 11 st 5 lbs by then which is certainly doable. That tips me just below my lightest ever (you know what I mean) 4lbs to go!

Just treated myself to a Freddo chocolate fix. My treat for weigh day!

Am away for ten days from Wednesday. Part work, part social. Not sure how I can keep up the exercise, especially kettlebells

1.25 lbs off for me. Pleased as punch as I was away for three days again. Missed my SW club and will again for next two weeks. If I can keep the momentum going Ill probably call it a day.

My next target is a visit back to Vienna for 10 days at the end of May. Would like to be 11 st 5 lbs by then which is certainly doable. That tips me just below my lightest ever (you know what I mean) 4lbs to go!

Just treated myself to a Freddo chocolate fix. My treat for weigh day!

Am away for ten days from Wednesday. Part work, part social. Not sure how I can keep up the exercise, especially kettlebells

Brilliant! Keep going x

Having a bl00dy awful week. Rapidly approaching 12 stone and uncomfortable in my 'big' jeans. Even the thought of having to wear a bikini isn't motivating me and it's 30 degrees outside so very definitely bikini weather.

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh

Having a bl00dy awful week. Rapidly approaching 12 stone and uncomfortable in my 'big' jeans. Even the thought of having to wear a bikini isn't motivating me and it's 30 degrees outside so very definitely bikini weather.

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh

Oh no. I feel for you. sending you hugs x

I'm so far off the rails I've completely lost sight of them - 6lbs on this week. Now well above 12 stone, lost my 3 stone sticker and completely out of control.

Morning guys, I've not updated here for a couple of weeks because I've been away. Pleased to report that I lost a pound this week, but that has taken me back to where I was the last time I weighed in, of 196.5 lbs. Sigh. Still, that's a weight loss of 153.5 lbs, so I'm pleased with that. I'm aiming to lose 1.5 lbs this week to take me down to 195 for next Sunday. Short, manageable goals.

I'm going to the gym every morning before work, and now I'm using SW online to track exactly what I'm eating - bit of a back to basics for me!! It's good so far, and I think my body has shifted a lot in the way it looks, although the weight loss has been slow this year. But I've been to the gym 120 times since I started in November, which is 120 hours of hard work outs. So I'm hoping that's having some effect - numbers on the scale not being everything and all that :)

That said, I would like to see a loss next week - this plateau is driving me nuts, and hand on heart there's not a lot to change in my diet. Just a question of sticking it out I think. Losing nearly 11 stones is bound to have an impact on my metabolic rate and all that, and staying healthy is so important to me. Also, I know SW works for me, and after almost three years I KNOW I can do it for the rest of my life. I don't want to meddle with that and get back on the dieting treadmill.

Good luck everyone :)

If you are off track then back ti basics is the way forward. I use memos on my phone to record my food diary when I need to get back on plan.
I finally lost 1.8lb this week after a few sts etc. 10k training is going well and I got a place in the Olympic Park run yay!
Good luck this week everyone.

400g on...Easter weekend and todays feasting won't help. Back on track after MOnday for me. Good Luck everyone.

Ok now home after the feast. I had bread, cake, biscuits, tsoureki, fried fish, potatoes in oil and more I don't care to think about. I did however keep totally off the booze. So this week is going to be hard - not only as I now have a taste of the old eating habits but because I also had a gain.

Last edited:
I'm so far off the rails I've completely lost sight of them - 6lbs on this week. Now well above 12 stone, lost my 3 stone sticker and completely out of control.

Now Easter is out of the way maybe you can turn it around? I started swimming for the last three days - is it warm enough yet for a dip there? I'm not very good at it but it make me feel much better in my head. You know you can do it, you've been successful and you will again xxx Try not to focus on the gain but on the loss you're going to have next Sunday x

Morning guys, I've not updated here for a couple of weeks because I've been away. Pleased to report that I lost a pound this week, but that has taken me back to where I was the last time I weighed in, of 196.5 lbs. Sigh. Still, that's a weight loss of 153.5 lbs, so I'm pleased with that. I'm aiming to lose 1.5 lbs this week to take me down to 195 for next Sunday. Short, manageable goals.

I'm going to the gym every morning before work, and now I'm using SW online to track exactly what I'm eating - bit of a back to basics for me!! It's good so far, and I think my body has shifted a lot in the way it looks, although the weight loss has been slow this year. But I've been to the gym 120 times since I started in November, which is 120 hours of hard work outs. So I'm hoping that's having some effect - numbers on the scale not being everything and all that :)

That said, I would like to see a loss next week - this plateau is driving me nuts, and hand on heart there's not a lot to change in my diet. Just a question of sticking it out I think. Losing nearly 11 stones is bound to have an impact on my metabolic rate and all that, and staying healthy is so important to me. Also, I know SW works for me, and after almost three years I KNOW I can do it for the rest of my life. I don't want to meddle with that and get back on the dieting treadmill.

Good luck everyone :)

Do you keep before and after photos? I think you are so right to keep reminding yourself of what you have achieved. That's what counts. Re the exercise, have you tried kettlebells? I started using them a year ago and my body shape changed in front of my eyes. My butt all but disappeared and that is no mean feat!! Only twenty mins three times a week which is great if you are struggling for time. My visceral fat levels have plummeted too which can only be good news.

I have been listening to an interesting American podcast called Fat 2 Fit. They have a great approach to weight loss which is about lifestyle change. At least one session covers plateaus and how to get past it. Might be worth a listen.

Don't give up on yourself what ever you do..You've come too far to throw it all away. The good thing is you are still posting. Others might have disappeared instead. That tells me you haven't thrown in the towel.

How about changing one thing at a time? Can you give up alcohol for a week? Or fried foods, bread or something similar? It won't feel so overwhelming.

Try to analyse what you are doing differently than 6 months ago. Do you plan your meals then ignore it? Do you plan and eat far more? Or are you not planning at all? This way you can see where you can do something to help yourself.

You lost 1.5lbs the other week and were beating yourself up because it wasn't enough. What's better - 1.5 off or 6 on? Time to give yourself a good talking to I think. Action is needed.

What can we do to help you? PM me if you want to Skype.

Now Easter is out of the way maybe you can turn it around? I started swimming for the last three days - is it warm enough yet for a dip there? I'm not very good at it but it make me feel much better in my head. You know you can do it, you've been successful and you will again xxx Try not to focus on the gain but on the loss you're going to have next Sunday x

Don't give up on yourself what ever you do..You've come too far to throw it all away. The good thing is you are still posting. Others might have disappeared instead. That tells me you haven't thrown in the towel.

How about changing one thing at a time? Can you give up alcohol for a week? Or fried foods, bread or something similar? It won't feel so overwhelming.

Try to analyse what you are doing differently than 6 months ago. Do you plan your meals then ignore it? Do you plan and eat far more? Or are you not planning at all? This way you can see where you can do something to help yourself.

You lost 1.5lbs the other week and were beating yourself up because it wasn't enough. What's better - 1.5 off or 6 on? Time to give yourself a good talking to I think. Action is needed.

What can we do to help you? PM me if you want to Skype.

Thanks you two - the support really means a lot :hug99:

I've been back on track since Monday and have gone right back to basics. I'm hoping seeing the dreaded '12' on the scales was the kick I needed. Still not back on the exercise wagon but at least I'm in a better place than I was this time last week!

Hope you're both having a good week x

Thanks you two - the support really means a lot :hug99:

I've been back on track since Monday and have gone right back to basics. I'm hoping seeing the dreaded '12' on the scales was the kick I needed. Still not back on the exercise wagon but at least I'm in a better place than I was this time last week!

Hope you're both having a good week x

Sounds great! Keep it up and tell us your loss on Sunday!

I've found the last couple of weeks a bit trying. My dad's here for a few weeks and it's been difficult to eat out (in the tavernas everyone laughs when you say you're on a diet - even the ones we know well!). Booze is also a challenge so I have decided that when my dad goes back on Tuesday I'm going to stop any alcohol until he comes back in 4 weeks. Eeeekkk. My dad is very understanding and knows SW quite well since my sis has been at target for a while. We are working all of the time now as well (from around 6.45am until the last ferry arrives around midnight sometimes) so I have to be careful not to start snacking. I'm going to try to find some low syn ready made pasta sauce (I can get Barilla jars of sauce - anyone know any low syns ones?) for a quick meal. I have swam 20 lengths every day for the past 6 days - I think the cold water burns the most calories. Anyway enough of me. Hope we all do well Sunday!

Sounds great! Keep it up and tell us your loss on Sunday!

I've found the last couple of weeks a bit trying. My dad's here for a few weeks and it's been difficult to eat out (in the tavernas everyone laughs when you say you're on a diet - even the ones we know well!). Booze is also a challenge so I have decided that when my dad goes back on Tuesday I'm going to stop any alcohol until he comes back in 4 weeks. Eeeekkk. My dad is very understanding and knows SW quite well since my sis has been at target for a while. We are working all of the time now as well (from around 6.45am until the last ferry arrives around midnight sometimes) so I have to be careful not to start snacking. I'm going to try to find some low syn ready made pasta sauce (I can get Barilla jars of sauce - anyone know any low syns ones?) for a quick meal. I have swam 20 lengths every day for the past 6 days - I think the cold water burns the most calories. Anyway enough of me. Hope we all do well Sunday!

Summer is difficult when you have guests, good look with your foray into tee totalism! How about making a batch of your own pasta sauce, do you have access to recipes online? I can look for you if you like?

Well done on the swimming too, the water is way too cold for me just yet. We have fresh water springs in our bay pumping freezing cold water from the mountains into the sea at various spots. Keeps the water beautifully clean and fresh but by 'eck it's cold!

Happy to report a 4lb loss so now bang on 12 stone. I've reacquainted myself with Jillian and Davina so am in absolute agony but in a good way!

I've been right back to basics, logging every morcel and trying to control portions too. I took your advice Daisybell and planned for the week and shopped accordingly. I definitely need that structure to succeed.

I managed to make the right choices when out for lunch in our favourite taverna yesterday too and felt SO virtuous. Not a crumb of bread nor a drop of alcohol passed my lips!

Thanks for your wise words this week, I couldn't do it without you x

Happy to report a 4lb loss so now bang on 12 stone. I've reacquainted myself with Jillian and Davina so am in absolute agony but in a good way!

I've been right back to basics, logging every morcel and trying to control portions too. I took your advice Daisybell and planned for the week and shopped accordingly. I definitely need that structure to succeed.

I managed to make the right choices when out for lunch in our favourite taverna yesterday too and felt SO virtuous. Not a crumb of bread nor a drop of alcohol passed my lips!

Thanks for your wise words this week, I couldn't do it without you x

Well done, brilliant achievement. Doesn't it feel good! So what are you going to do to make sure it continues next week?

I did a session of kettlebells yesterday after a weeks break and don't I know it! Down to 11 5 so on target now for 11 stone in June. Travel to the US on business early July and will be in size 12 clothes - she says confidently....

Well done, brilliant achievement. Doesn't it feel good! So what are you going to do to make sure it continues next week?

I did a session of kettlebells yesterday after a weeks break and don't I know it! Down to 11 5 so on target now for 11 stone in June. Travel to the US on business early July and will be in size 12 clothes - she says confidently....

Thank you! I'm planning much of the same again this week, meal planning and also upping the exercise. I've joined up Jillian's online training programme and have Davina's app too. I wore a bikini last weekend and could have cried I felt so bad so I need some toning up.

You are definitely in the zone aren't you? 11 5 is a great result, well done you and thank you for helping me get back on track x

Well done you two!
The water is freezing here as - also fresh water from under ground into the sea but I am using the pool for now! Feels good.

I lost 600g so I'm very pleased. Lunch out today (wise choices and a 3km walk) plus dinner out tonight for dads last night with us for a few weeks (and my last night of booze). Back to total basics Tuesday - M L H thanks for the tee total luck I think I'm gonna need it

x

Back