Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well just got my fone fixed so I'm back lol I'm not spending the rest of my day off typing up my food diary tho for days i missed SORRY Lol
Just having a home pamper session then I'm going food shopping with the plan to buy food to have at work. Start my new job position on Monday and its shift work. I'm trying to make the change as easy as poss by planning, I have BPD so I struggle with change even if it is good and exciting. So if any1 has any good ideas for meals to take to work and meals that I can prepare for at home ill be happy to hear them. Id rather stay clear of the ready meals that are very processed. Looking at more super free based then low syn or syn free ideas as I'm a massive fan of making meals more super free then 1/3. But I'm getting VERY bored of salads with an extra bit of salad lol

Yesterday's Actual: -

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal (HEB1), 75g Philadelphia Light (HEA1), milk (HEA2)

Lunch: Omelette with ham and courgettes, Ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner: Pork Fillet, Lettuce and carrot salad, 250ml wine (9 syns)

Snacks: 0% Fruit Yoghurts, Peach, Bananas

Today's Actual: -

Green day:

Breakfast: Milk (HEA1)

Lunch: stuffed tomatoes, rice, anchovies (HEB1), oil (HEB2), yoghurt & fruit (3 syns), bread & dip (3 syns)

Snacks: 0% fruit yoghurt, banana, grapes, pineapple, melon

Last edited:
So, the secret is to log everything on here then - thanks for the support everyone! 7.5 lbs off :)

OMG that's a fantastic loss! Well done. I find that keeping a food diary really helps me to stay on track too.

I managed a 2lb loss this week to get to 13st - so close to the 12s!

Good luck all for your weigh in:)

Congratulations on yout new job Kimmie. I like makung up a free/liw syn packet of rice or cous cous and adding boiled eggs, chopped salad vegetables etc. It makes a really filling lunch.

Well just got my fone fixed so I'm back lol I'm not spending the rest of my day off typing up my food diary tho for days i missed SORRY Lol
Just having a home pamper session then I'm going food shopping with the plan to buy food to have at work. Start my new job position on Monday and its shift work. I'm trying to make the change as easy as poss by planning, I have BPD so I struggle with change even if it is good and exciting. So if any1 has any good ideas for meals to take to work and meals that I can prepare for at home ill be happy to hear them. Id rather stay clear of the ready meals that are very processed. Looking at more super free based then low syn or syn free ideas as I'm a massive fan of making meals more super free then 1/3. But I'm getting VERY bored of salads with an extra bit of salad lol

What about a ratatouille kind of thing, loads of veggies with homemeade tom and basil sauce?

Fruit salad with low fat yoghurt and a drizzle of honey?

Good luck tomorrow with the new job. I think shifts can be a real killer but, as you say, the key is planning meals ahead. Let us know how it goes x

Can I creep back in? I have been struggling big time due to re immersion in work and haven't been taking care of myself. Bad habits that I want to kick for good.

I need to draw a line under past three months and get back on track. Have ten days away in Vienna to focus on this so will you have me back?

Can I creep back in? I have been struggling big time due to re immersion in work and haven't been taking care of myself. Bad habits that I want to kick for good.

I need to draw a line under past three months and get back on track. Have ten days away in Vienna to focus on this so will you have me back?

Hi Lovely

I was only talking about you the other day! Great to have you back x

Thank you MLouiseH. Well done on the recent loss. Hope we can support each other to get back on the straight and narrow.

My wake up call was a discussion about pensions. It dawned that even if finances aren't healthy I can help myself by investing in my diet and fitness. So here I am, raring to go. Will get back to meal planning today but need others to critique what I am eating. I have made myself a promise not to cheat so will fess up to all the syns :0)

Thank you MLouiseH. Well done on the recent loss. Hope we can support each other to get back on the straight and narrow.

My wake up call was a discussion about pensions. It dawned that even if finances aren't healthy I can help myself by investing in my diet and fitness. So here I am, raring to go. Will get back to meal planning today but need others to critique what I am eating. I have made myself a promise not to cheat so will fess up to all the syns :0)

I know you can do it, if you're anything like me it's a matter of getting your head in the right place first though!

I really need to get exercising again too, I have lost all the muscle tone I worked so hard to get. I've done a little swimming but nothing else, it's hard to motivate myself when it's barely dropping below 30 degrees in the house!!

Swimming is lovely in this weather :)

Ditto on the temperature front. 34C in the house !

Did kettlebells session this morning with the 4kg bells. Decided not to push my luck as an injury is the last thing I need.

Had egg and tomato for breakfast ( 4 toms)

Fruit and tomatoes for lunch, followed by iced coffee (HEA) and a small piece of rye read (HEB)

This evening it's salad and smoked salmon, then chicken and prawn stir fry with pak choi and green beans. Dessert fat free ice cream made with frozen raspberries.

Will also treat myself to an alcohol free watermelon daiquiri! Have people for dinner - this isn't normal fare!

So far so good.

Today it's hot again. Forecast is for 40C. I thought hot weather was supposed to curb appetite! Need to make sure I drink loads of water and not confuse hunger and thirst. Not a great drinker at the best of times.

Yesterday was a partial success but I am fairly confident I didn't exceed syn allowance. Small glass of fizz with meal, a dash if Bacardi with watermelon cooler and a low fat wafer basket for the fat free ice cream. A dozen salted peanuts sneaked under the radar as well.

Am not unhappy though as this was so much better than before. No biscuits, no chocolate, no cake, no bread dipped in oil etc. you get the picture!

Today

Swimming as often as I can whilst at the pool. Managed to buy a tanking yesterday so at least the wobbly bits are covered.

Breakfast - strawberries, raspberries and pineapple with fat free yogurt
Lunch - boiled egg, tomato, lettuce, boiled potatoes, pickled onions. Apricots and watermelon
Dinner - silken tofu, smoked salmon (HEB) pasta, green salad. Sugar free jelly and yogurt

Wish me luck!

Today it's hot again. Forecast is for 40C. I thought hot weather was supposed to curb appetite! Need to make sure I drink loads of water and not confuse hunger and thirst. Not a great drinker at the best of times.

Yesterday was a partial success but I am fairly confident I didn't exceed syn allowance. Small glass of fizz with meal, a dash if Bacardi with watermelon cooler and a low fat wafer basket for the fat free ice cream. A dozen salted peanuts sneaked under the radar as well.

Am not unhappy though as this was so much better than before. No biscuits, no chocolate, no cake, no bread dipped in oil etc. you get the picture!

Today

Swimming as often as I can whilst at the pool. Managed to buy a tanking yesterday so at least the wobbly bits are covered.

Breakfast - strawberries, raspberries and pineapple with fat free yogurt
Lunch - boiled egg, tomato, lettuce, boiled potatoes, pickled onions. Apricots and watermelon
Dinner - silken tofu, smoked salmon (HEB) pasta, green salad. Sugar free jelly and yogurt

Wish me luck!

Your menus always look so exotic compared to mine!

Good luck, although you don't need it, it sounds like you're focused.

Your menus always look so exotic compared to mine!

Good luck, although you don't need it, it sounds like you're focused.

I love food and cooking which was part f my downfall originally. Interestingly I binged on junk food these past two months. All it did was give me that immediate hit of sugar / carbs but none of it was tasty or appealing. Have realised that making time for creating great food is important to me, hence the menus.

If you're interested I start with what's in season then create around that. At the moment my top recipes are frozen watermelon drinks, tomatoes in any form ( adore them grilled and slightly charred) green salads (add green beans, apple, grated carrot etc to ring the changes)

Up to now I've stayed true to plan for the day. Off to stock upon fat free Greek yogurt ( staple food) so am on target!

Feels good to be back.:0)

Out comes the slow cooker and its not even winter! Lol that's how I'm solving my shift work meals problem. Just need to train the OH on how to spoon it onto a plate so he dsnt have to wait for me to come home lol

Back