Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Well done Kirsty - a good loss.
I am gonna start reporting like in group lol. I stayed the sane keeping off 2st 11lb. That sounds better:)

Well done guys :)

As I don't go to a class this is like my little class haha.

I was tempted to be naughty Friday AND Saturday! But the thought of having to report back with a gain was enough encouragement haha.

Wow Kimmie 8st 3lb off is brilliant! Good will power Kirsty. It is a good incentive to report each week loss, gain or sts!

Just eating my Big Mac in a bowl and its really nice. I've had the 2 servings just for myself, 1 now and one for later at work so 4 syns in total

Just eating my Big Mac in a bowl and its really nice. I've had the 2 servings just for myself, 1 now and one for later at work so 4 syns in total

Oh I've been looking at having that. Wasn't too sure though as I like my Big Macs in a burger shape haha. Might give it a go this weekend. Anyone got any ideas for lunches? I'm starting to struggle a little with lunches in work :/

Oh I've been looking at having that. Wasn't too sure though as I like my Big Macs in a burger shape haha. Might give it a go this weekend. Anyone got any ideas for lunches? I'm starting to struggle a little with lunches in work :/
Cous cous with roasted veg is nice, esp with balsamic vinegar or mint/fresh herbs.

How did I get so out of shape in just 2 months? I bit the bullet and did day 1 level 1 of the shred, I was shaking like a leaf when I'd done and know the pain I'll be in tomorrow. I think the dunk in the pool afterwards saved me from spontaneously combusting!

There is the old saying "no pain, no gain" I always feel cheated if I don't feel it after an exercise session. Like you I am trying to get back in the habit. For me it's kettlebells (third session this morning) I have also charged my fitbit and plan to do the 10,000 steps a day I was at Pre blip.

I have put on a horrendous amount since May. Now at 176 lbs (12 st 8 lbs). Need to remind myself I have come down from 15st 3lbs. It has to stop now!

I promise to report in every Sunday from now regardless of loss.

That is inspirational Kimmie! Well done.

Did you ever go off the rails big time? What advice can you give me to get my head back in the right place?

I have a mood disorder so i struggle like mad at times especially with food. its been really hard so you need to remember wen you are doing well that yes you do have to work at it, its not easy and dont expect great results every time....its not your fault.
I put 2 stone back on over a year but I lost that again last year.....so you could say I've lost 10stone plus in total lol best thing is too never forget to follow plan....even if you have blown it get back on plan. I put on 11lb start of this year in a week but getting back on track got that plus more off. Biggest thing is not to punish yourself for making bad choices....you will just comfort eat....so make your next choice after that a good one. Make time for yourself wen you think you have let yourself down to make a plan of action, treat yourself with something other then food. I tend to have a pamper day at home, go for a walk then watch a DVD or read a book.just that small thing of looking after yourself gives you a boost to be more healthy to look good.
The hardest thing is coming to terms with the fact that you may have changed in weight/size but your issues with food are still going to be the same. Just cuz you have lost weight it dsnt mean eating something fattening has a different effect. Also people around you don't understand that yes you may look a 'normal size' or smaller then them but you can't eat anything you want anytime you want. I constantly find myself having to tell people how much I've lost just so they stop trying to make me eat cake lol

There is the old saying "no pain, no gain" I always feel cheated if I don't feel it after an exercise session. Like you I am trying to get back in the habit. For me it's kettlebells (third session this morning) I have also charged my fitbit and plan to do the 10,000 steps a day I was at Pre blip.

I have put on a horrendous amount since May. Now at 176 lbs (12 st 8 lbs). Need to remind myself I have come down from 15st 3lbs. It has to stop now!

I promise to report in every Sunday from now regardless of loss.

No pain, no gain?....pain is an understatement!! I don't ever remember it hurting this much and I've done the shred a few times. I seriously could not work out yesterday or today my legs are so sore. My thighs feel like they are both bruised and walking down stairs I look like I've had a toilet accident!!!!

The hardest thing is coming to terms with the fact that you may have changed in weight/size but your issues with food are still going to be the same. Just cuz you have lost weight it dsnt mean eating something fattening has a different effect. Also people around you don't understand that yes you may look a 'normal size' or smaller then them but you can't eat anything you want anytime you want.

So very sad, but true. Unless you can afford a shrink though how do you locate and tackle the root of the problem? Could it just be simply 'an addiction' like any other or is there a way to change the way we feel about food?

My Mum often says 'you stopped smoking so why don't you apply the same attitude to losing weight?'. If only it were that easy and we didn't have to fight a battle at every mealtime.

More credit to us for trying to take control though :grouphugg:

On a completely separate and unrelated note, is skin on fish free?

I really got a lot from reading the Beck Diet Solution. It explained how people who put on weight easily have brains that work in a different way to thise who stay at a healthy weight.
That is why I am on this plan for life this time.
I know that I comfort eat - but I can do that with sw!
We can all stay 100% together and do this :)

I have a mood disorder so i struggle like mad at times especially with food. its been really hard so you need to remember wen you are doing well that yes you do have to work at it, its not easy and dont expect great results every time....its not your fault.
I put 2 stone back on over a year but I lost that again last year.....so you could say I've lost 10stone plus in total lol best thing is too never forget to follow plan....even if you have blown it get back on plan. I put on 11lb start of this year in a week but getting back on track got that plus more off. Biggest thing is not to punish yourself for making bad choices....you will just comfort eat....so make your next choice after that a good one. Make time for yourself wen you think you have let yourself down to make a plan of action, treat yourself with something other then food. I tend to have a pamper day at home, go for a walk then watch a DVD or read a book.just that small thing of looking after yourself gives you a boost to be more healthy to look good.
The hardest thing is coming to terms with the fact that you may have changed in weight/size but your issues with food are still going to be the same. Just cuz you have lost weight it dsnt mean eating something fattening has a different effect. Also people around you don't understand that yes you may look a 'normal size' or smaller then them but you can't eat anything you want anytime you want. I constantly find myself having to tell people how much I've lost just so they stop trying to make me eat cake lol

Thank you so much for the advice. I cannot believe that after over a year of god food choices it was so easy to slip back into old ways.

You're right, the past is past and its today that counts. So my plan for tomorrow

Blast - melon, raspberries and kiwi fruit with lemon quark
Lunch - going out but will make the best choice possible
Dinner - smoked haddock and spinach ( homegrown!) cheesecake without the cake! Philly and yogurt in mousse with fat free jelly. Topped with passion fruit.
Snacks - options hot chocolate, banana

I am going to give the 30 day shred a go in spite of M Louise H muscle aches! Hopefully kettlebells session will have warmed me up.

10,000 steps too.

I'm only on my third week and struggling already!! It's amazing how long you ladies have lasted. Very inspirational :)

Lunch out today

Why do people try and insist you eat food you don't want to? Chose roast pork, mash and veg. Fairly safe bet you would assume. Came with Yorkshire pud, crackling, roast potatoes, sausage meat stuffing and pints of gravy all of which ended up on hubby's plate alongside his chicken madras. The peas were tinned and carrots and cabbage boiled to death then reheated. Yuk. Also ordered dessert as it was included in the price (not my idea) so that went to hubby too. I think he's going to be putting on a pound for every one I lose!

Couldn't find 30 day shred video this morning so did fat burn kettlebells. Supposed to rest every other day but can't imagine it will hurt. Have now located the DVD so this is on the cards for tomorrow or day after.

A pathetic 750 steps so far today so thousands to make up. Will give it a go.

Hope you are all sticking to plan too. Second day for me but who is counting???

Bit pished off at the mo. I'm smaller then I was wen I met my OH 6 years ago....and I'd like to say I've worked hard at it. Yet he's gone from having a 6 pack n pecs to basically being very flabby with muffin top and he says its me that's caused it....I'm not the one to blame for his weight gain! Apparently me not making him pack up each day on a regular basis so he eats rubbish....theres a tesco express end of our road and a 24hr asda 5min away he passes he could easily get healthy pack up from but hes late for work/too busy GO ON WAY HOME THEN!! but has time to stop at costa coffee n macdonalds on way to work!! Having tea ready for wen he gets in, so he dsnt have time to work out wen he gets home (at 730pm....however he wont eat after 8) is why he's put weight on. And 20 min after he decided to point this 'fact' out he says we are going for a curry to celebrate a mates new job.....didn't go out to celebrate my new job tho
And if I put weight on I get "don't go blowing your hard work n getting fat"
I've gone for a bath out the way.....he's gone to bed but left me the pots n dogs to sort......he may not wake up in a fit state tomorrow to go get his fatty breakfast!! Sleep with an eye open I suggest!!!

Back