Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Thank you! It was very tame this year but we did all go to Lesvos a couple of weeks ago for a pre-birthday treat!

Go on then, I'm in - we're out for lunch today as it's the last Sunday my OH will be off work until October and the end of the summer season.

Red Day

Breakfast
Last night's chicken souvlaki x 2
2 slices wholemeal (HEB1)
Bacon, Egg, Tom ketchup (1 syn)
Milk (HEA1)

Lunch
Depends which taverna we end up in but probably pork filet with lettuce salad

Dinner
????? not that organised today - you caught me on the hop daisy!! :rolleyes:

Exercise
Will aim to take the poor dog out for a much needed walk

Well, yesterday ended up being flexible - to say the least! I did stop short of a full blown binge and felt more like I had 'overeaten' rather than binged. I'll call that a success after the few months I've had!

Today EE

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal (HEB), 2 poached eggs, milk (HEA)

Lunch
Baked potato with cottage cheese & salad

Dinner
Pete's chicken peanut curry & rice (4.5 syns)
Fruit Salad, Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)

Exercise
I'll take the dog for an extra long walk....no, really I will...... I DID - IN THE RAIN TOO!!

This weeks goal is only 1lb - I can't remember the last time I lost weight 2 weeks in a row so I'd be happy with just the 1.

Last edited:
I've not had a great week need to kick myself into shape! Will have a look at that thread thanks :) x

Today Green

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal (HEB1), Phil Light (HEA1), milk (HEA2)

Lunch
Pete's chicken peanut curry & baked potato (HEB2 + 4.5 syns)

Dinner
SW Chips, egg, beans
Fruit Salad

Exercise
Dog walking

How did you do yesterday M Louise? What is the peanut curry like?

A couple of times I was tempted to attack the chocolate stash (business not mine) but resisted. Still need to up the exercise content. Will make that a priority today

Green day

Breakfast

Grated apple with yogurt. Sprinkled with half a wetabix (1/2 HEB)

Lunch

Salad with small slice of homemade pizza (HEB 1 1/2)

Dinner

Aloo gobi, Dahl, rice, tomato and cucumber salad
Raspberry mousse (HEA)

Snacks

Banana, orange,

How did you do yesterday M Louise? What is the peanut curry like?

A couple of times I was tempted to attack the chocolate stash (business not mine) but resisted. Still need to up the exercise content. Will make that a priority today

Green day

Breakfast

Grated apple with yogurt. Sprinkled with half a wetabix (1/2 HEB)

Lunch

Salad with small slice of homemade pizza (HEB 1 1/2)

Dinner

Aloo gobi, Dahl, rice, tomato and cucumber salad
Raspberry mousse (HEA)

Snacks

Banana, orange,

Yesterday was 100% and today has been too - feeling stuffed after scoffing a huge fruit salad! The peanut curry is really yummy, it's on Pete's Recipe Book thread - I add extra peppers and a tsp of chinese 5 spice and it is lush.

I've walked the dog but really do need to up my exercise too - I've lost every bit of muscle tone I had. Do you still do your kettlebells?

Haven't done kettlebells for about 6 months as I am unable to raise my arms above shoulder height without feeling I am being garrotted! Have been back on the KB thread and we are going to get started again. I will have to improvise and go back to lowest weight (4 kg) There are exercises I can do that don't involve swinging (a technical KB term I assure you) so I I am going to give it a go.

I have my grandchildren staying so have had a couple of minor relapses involving peanut butter cookies and a plain sponge cake. Who am I kidding? It's down to me not them. However I am being soooo much better than I was last week. My granddaughter cooked chicken korma from the SW world curry feast book - it was gorgeous. She is only 12 and I am delighted to have had the chance to teach her to cook. My problem at the moment is that I am mixing green and red without understanding the EE rules. Can you help me out?

Breakfast- Porridge (HEB) and raspberries

Lunch - Rice salad with Dahl

Dinner - Mushroom omelette, oven chips, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and baked beans
Raspberry mousse. (HEA)

Snacks - Banana, orange

Haven't done kettlebells for about 6 months as I am unable to raise my arms above shoulder height without feeling I am being garrotted! Have been back on the KB thread and we are going to get started again. I will have to improvise and go back to lowest weight (4 kg) There are exercises I can do that don't involve swinging (a technical KB term I assure you) so I I am going to give it a go.

I have my grandchildren staying so have had a couple of minor relapses involving peanut butter cookies and a plain sponge cake. Who am I kidding? It's down to me not them. However I am being soooo much better than I was last week. My granddaughter cooked chicken korma from the SW world curry feast book - it was gorgeous. She is only 12 and I am delighted to have had the chance to teach her to cook. My problem at the moment is that I am mixing green and red without understanding the EE rules. Can you help me out?

Breakfast- Porridge (HEB) and raspberries

Lunch - Rice salad with Dahl

Dinner - Mushroom omelette, oven chips, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and baked beans
Raspberry mousse. (HEA)

Snacks - Banana, orange

How sweet of your granddaughter, bless her!

I'm no expert on EE as it was introduced long after I'd been to my last class. However, my understanding is that anything that is free on Red or Green is free on EE but you can only have one A and B section instead of two. Also, every meal should consist of 1/3 superfree (basically fruit and veg, excluding spuds, peas and sweetcorn) and you should try and snack on superfree too. I'm not an enormous veg lover but if I'm making curry, chiili, bolognese, etc I will pad it out with veggies - peppers being my favourite - far more palatable cooked in the sauce of the main dish. I'm not sure if it's in 'the rules' but I'll often have my superfree as a fruit salad after my meal.

I do remember reading that if you have something like beans on an HEB of toast then you don't have to add 1/3 superfree as a portion of the meal is controlled.

As I say I am no expert....anyone else have any EE tips?

Todays Plan - Green

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal (HEB1), Phil Light (HEA1), milk (HEA2)

Lunch
?? Baked potato & beans maybe

Dinner
Chilli (with extra peppers!!) and rice (mince HEB2)

Exercise
Dog walk

Thanks M Louise H. I adore veg so that approach should work for me. Winging it isn't working as I keep changing my mind about green or EE meaning I do neither one nor the other.

Will see if I can find my old SW books so that I can go back to basics. Will also be trying some of the super foods like the curry and tomato soup. Not sure how I feel about mushy peas but will give it a go.

Breakfast
Fruit salad of pineapple, orange and kiwi fruit

Lunch
Curried lentil soup (left over Dahl, assorted veg whizzed together)

Dinner
Tbc. Granddaughter choosing but will give her SW books to go through.
SW quick icecream with raspberries. (my throat is giving me hell so last night I took kids to the beach for a whippy icecream which was more about me than them. No idea of syn value but my need was great!it was plain and the smallest they did)

Snacks
Slice of rye bread with Philly cheese (HEA & HEB) teaspoon ginger jelly (3 syns) Banana, grapes.

Exercise

Haven't tried the kettlebell yet. Will get it out today. Plan to walk for at least 45 mins.

Whippy ice cream :drool: I can't even remember the last time I had one of those.

Do you hire out your Granddaughter - I could make great use of her!!

I didn't take the dog out yesterday but apart from that I stuck to the plan and was 100%

Today - Green Again

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal (HEB1), phil light (HEA1), milk (HEA2)

Lunch
?? Baked potato, cottage cheese
Fruit

Dinner
Bolognese with extra veggies (mince HEB2), spaghetti

Exercise
Dog walk and thinking about starting something like the Shred again

Join the queue for my granddaughter! She won't cook at home though. She is going to have a go at sweet chilli chicken tonight then is back home until Monday.powerfully will grow up using fry light and adding mountains of veg to meals

Thinking about 30 day shred will not burn a fraction of a calorie. I have asked hubby to bring mine back from Vienna tomorrow. Another opportunity to motivate each other. I have to go steady as exertion makes it hard for me to breathe but I can't afford to wait until after my op when it will feel even harder.

So far I have had the fruit breakfast and lentil soup for lunch. No cheating! Can I keep it up?

100% on plan yesterday although I used every single syn available to meet. Spent 3 hours on the beach building and decorating sand castles. My picnic lunch consisted of a flask of homemade lentil and veg soup. Felt very virtuous :)

Today I have to blitz the house like the domestic goddess I am not. Hubby due home tonight and the place looks like a war zone. Would much prefer to be out in the garden. Maybe some up tempo music will aid the process and work off a couple of extra calories

My plan for the day EE

Breakfast
Fruit salad

Lunch
Lentil soup (includes cauliflower, leeks and onions)

Dinner
Fish cakes (homemade with mash and haddock) caper sauce (capers, gherkins and light mayo) 2 syns, peas, cabbage, carrots
Sugar free jelly and yogurt with raspberries

Snacks
Banana, ryvita with Philly and ginger jelly

Will monitor fluids - target 2 litres

Writing this down today has got me thinking about super free foods. Will look to increase my intake over next few days. Perhaps the curry sauce people rave about?

Writing this down today has got me thinking about super free foods. Will look to increase my intake over next few days. Perhaps the curry sauce people rave about?

Jeez if you eat anymore veg you'll turn into a rabbit!! Compared to my pitiful intake you are doing great!

Today's Plan Red

Breakfast
Bread (HEB1), Bacon, Egg, Tom sauce (1 syn), Milk (HEA1)

Lunch
Ryvitas (HEB2), Mackerel in tom sauce, salad

Dinner
Roast chicken, salad

Exercise
Dog walk and seriously thinking about the shred ;)

Today's Plan Red

Breakfast
Bread (HEB1), Bacon, Egg, Tom sauce (1 syn), Milk (HEA1)

Lunch
Ryvitas (HEB2), Cottage Cheese
Pineapple

Dinner
Hubby is cooking so will be loads of grilled/burnt meat and salad - bless him!

Exercise
Dog walk

Retrospective plan for the day

Breakfast - scrambled egg and baked beans

Lunch - beetroot, celery, sweet corn and chickpea salad. Wholemeal roll (HEB)

Dinner - vegetable soup and green salad

Snacks - pear, banana

Exercise - gardening and mucking out horses

Not sure about tomorrow. Have a feeling I will be disappointed. Nothing I can do now

Well, I lost my way a little last night (wine and ice cream!) but have still managed to lose 1lb this week. That was my plan so I'm ok with that, not ecstatic but ok.

I've just sent hubby to the supermarket for fruit, butter and sugar for a crumble later - safe to say today isn't going to be brilliant!!

Good luck at WI all x

Good morning everyone! Good start to my return. 3 1/2 lb loss this week so I am absolutely delighted. Well done Louise on the loss. Thanks for your support again.

Re the crumble. Have you ever tried bulking the topping with porridge oats? It's delish. I tend to cook the fruit unsweetened and just have a sweet crumble - that way I know a bit of the dish is Healthy and I can choose how much topping to add. I think its a brilliant choice for a pudding. Enjoy it.

I am setting myself a target of 2lbs for next week

My plan for today

Breakfast
Fruit salad and yoghurt.

Lunch
Lentil soup (the one with loads of added veg)

Dinner
Roast chicken, baby potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts and red cabbage
Raspberry icecream (yogurt and frozen fruit)

Snacks
Banana, cherry tomatoes filled with Philly cheese and chilli, pear, options chocolate ( can't remember how many syns)

Exercise
Putting up a greenhouse and a walk along the beach. Might give the 30 day shred a go.

Lost 1lb this week, ok with that as have had good and bad days. Since i've started having a microwave meal for lunch at work, I have been finding the afternoons a bit easier as they are warm and filling, I know I could make my own syn free versions but i'm too lazy lol. Loving the WW chicken pasta bake, only 3 syns and it's really nice and still leaves me room to have some choc in the evening. I think I could probably lose weight a but quicker but as soon as i'm mega strict I always fall off the wagon so I prefer it this way and i'm in no hurry to lose it. Went out for dinner on a works do last night as well so very happy to lose 1! And wore a pair of size 16 trousers out that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years and heels!!!!! lots of people commented on how slim i was looking and it was a real boost, will deffo help me to keep on track - if only you could bottle that feeling and open it when your feeling crappy?!?!

Well done on the loss GPUK. Slow losses are definitely the way to go. As long as it is a loss each week you are going in the right direction.

My plan for today

Breakfast - weetabix and apple

Lunch - vegetable soup

Dinner - sea bass, new potatoes, roast cherry tomatoes, peas, carrot, leek. Yogurt jelly

Snacks - banana, Ryvita, Philly and ginger jelly,

Back