Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Great loss. 4 lbs is wow. I am thinking of going in the supermarket when I have lost some and picking up slabs of lard. I am really excited and wondered about getting a kettle bell. I think power walking to start as I have hand weights and Nordic walking poles. I have let myself go badly so gently does it.

I know my beloved would be so pleased to see me back to 'normal'. He is doing so well anyway that I feel it would be so good for him (and me!). I have trouble with my left hip and I think it goes back to years of aerobics and jogging when I was a mad fitness bunny so the sooner I shed my excess the better.

Love the idea of picking up the lard. It can be hard to celebrate a pound or two off when you have a lot to lose but holding it and appreciating the weight would be a good visual reminder to keep on track.

It's funny how we see ourselves as 'normal' or not depending on our weight. I totally get it and kind of feel that I have put my life on hold as I've gained the weight. Not in a depressed hiding away way but just not being totally'there'. Not sure if that makes sense.

Good luck solange x

So funny! I was outside for a little while and I got a message on here that automatic refreshing was suspended as I seem to be idle. Yes indeed it has been one of my problems of late!!
Bess, I have had a problem with weight all my adult life and I am sure I still don't know what normal really is. This is the biggest I have ever been when not pregnant. As a young woman I would starve myself to stay slim. I gave in to food these last few years as I was so tired of being hungry. And stressed! Good luck and hang on to the food plan. I went to get a load of salad this a.m. plus some ww wraps.
Good luck to get the rest of the weight off. I am right here with you.

Like you, Solange, my weight issues have been during adulthood. As a child I was pretty skinny and it's hard to reconcile where I am now with the old me. Really hoping that we can all get where we want to be x

Love the idea of picking up the lard. It can be hard to celebrate a pound or two off when you have a lot to lose but holding it and appreciating the weight would be a good visual reminder to keep on track. It's funny how we see ourselves as 'normal' or not depending on our weight. I totally get it and kind of feel that I have put my life on hold as I've gained the weight. Not in a depressed hiding away way but just not being totally'there'. Not sure if that makes sense. Good luck solange x

Another way of visualising weight loss that works for me (idea pinched from a friend) Get 2 identical glass containers and fill one with marbles or coloured beads - one for every pound you want to lose. As the weight comes off, transfer the bead to the empty jar. A great reminder of what you have achieved so far when you're feeling down. The joy of moving a bead from one jar to the other is bliss! Less messy than lard on a hot summers day!

What a brill idea! I have a huge glass container full of marbles that my son played with when he was small!! I am going to do that. I should add that you are not supposed to take the lard from the chiller counter in the supermarket, just feel them and appreciate. Hee hee!
Great ideas going on.....Wow am feeling positive and you sound same. sols x

That's just the best news Daisybell :D

I got weighed last Saturday and had an unexpected 2lb gain, I didn't have time to dwell on it as I flew back to the UK later that morning.

My visit to the UK wasn't too bad food wise, I ate all the wrong things for my meals but hardly snacked at all inbetween. The good thing about my parents not knowing I was going was that Mum hadn't filled the fridge and cupboards with all the crap I love!

Got home yesterday and back on it today. I have no idea what Sunday will bring but will try and be 100% until then.

That's just the best news Daisybell :D I got weighed last Saturday and had an unexpected 2lb gain, I didn't have time to dwell on it as I flew back to the UK later that morning. My visit to the UK wasn't too bad food wise, I ate all the wrong things for my meals but hardly snacked at all inbetween. The good thing about my parents not knowing I was going was that Mum hadn't filled the fridge and cupboards with all the crap I love! Got home yesterday and back on it today. I have no idea what Sunday will bring but will try and be 100% until then.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to the UK. Any planned visit to my MIL is fraught with the same problem - table groaning with chocolate cake and homemade biscuits, bowls of trifle and a freezer full of icecream. All my usual vices. Like you, we now visit unannounced more often than not. A trip to my parents is more like "old mother Hubbardsville" !

I wouldn't stress about the small gain - we all know its up and down. The key is what happens long haul and being back on the wagon is what counts. Good for you.

I've started kettlebells again and did my first full session yesterday (with small weight 5kg) Its amazing how much better I feel for it. The eating is going reasonably well but I know that I need to go back to basics as I am letting things creep back in. Yesterday was a savoury pancake - no fat and skimmed milk filled with SW bean casserole but if I'm honest I didn't need the pancake. Hubby is always so hungry I am constantly trying to find ways to fill him. Hate the idea of cooking different meals. How do you cope?

I am also trying to reduce my sugar intake - sweeteners included - as I get sugar cravings early evening that drive me demented. Having read up on the problem it looks as though cold turkey might be the only way. 6 weeks to get it out of your system!

Good to be back and I'm here to support you in any way I can :)

Hope you enjoyed your trip to the UK. Any planned visit to my MIL is fraught with the same problem - table groaning with chocolate cake and homemade biscuits, bowls of trifle and a freezer full of icecream. All my usual vices. Like you, we now visit unannounced more often than not. A trip to my parents is more like "old mother Hubbardsville" !

I wouldn't stress about the small gain - we all know its up and down. The key is what happens long haul and being back on the wagon is what counts. Good for you.

I've started kettlebells again and did my first full session yesterday (with small weight 5kg) Its amazing how much better I feel for it. The eating is going reasonably well but I know that I need to go back to basics as I am letting things creep back in. Yesterday was a savoury pancake - no fat and skimmed milk filled with SW bean casserole but if I'm honest I didn't need the pancake. Hubby is always so hungry I am constantly trying to find ways to fill him. Hate the idea of cooking different meals. How do you cope?

I am also trying to reduce my sugar intake - sweeteners included - as I get sugar cravings early evening that drive me demented. Having read up on the problem it looks as though cold turkey might be the only way. 6 weeks to get it out of your system!

Good to be back and I'm here to support you in any way I can :)

I don't mind cooking but I hate the constantly thinking about what's for dinner. Warming up here now so we've had a lot of grilled meat and salad but I am planning on making a big batch of curry sauce for the freezer today.

Thanks for the support - as always x

Yay to losing, girls :D

Not so yay for me as I managed to gain the same 4lbs I lost last week. Chalking it up to it being *that time* and not having started SW properly. Today is a new day and I am not going to give it another thought.

What a difference being back on the thyroxin makes - 2.5 off this week. I've a couple of tough weeks coming up as I have different friends visiting but I'm so close to my next stone zone I don't want to blow it. Must stay focused, must stay focused......

Good luck all x

Morning all, newbie here. We'll newbie to this thread second time round on SW! First week weigh in 6lbs down - I know this is just the first week so certainly won't be like this next week but I have 15 weeks until my wedding so very focused and strict with my self this time round. Looking forward to another 100% week!

Late weighing in this week as I have been on a girls weekend in London. But guess what? I lost 1.5lbs in spite of that.

Starting to feel more motivated now as I get closer to 13stone. If I can get below that it will help me psychologically.

What a difference being back on the thyroxin makes - 2.5 off this week. I've a couple of tough weeks coming up as I have different friends visiting but I'm so close to my next stone zone I don't want to blow it. Must stay focused, must stay focused...... Good luck all x

Snap! The thyroxin seems to be keeping me energised so let's hope they don't reduce my dose in September. Was told it takes 6weeks to stabilise in the body so I have two more weeks to go. This might account for the dips in energy I sometimes get in late afternoon (or it could be working in a summerhouse with a sofa bed in it!) must make the most of it, in case

Back