Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Same! The second I have one tiny bit of a snack when I'm bored in the evenings I seem to lose my mind and eat everything in sight. Luckily my OH stops me before I do too much damage most of the time but when he's not here it's a real problem! Sent from my LG-D802 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My OH steers clear - it's like a red rag to a bull if he asks whether I should really be eating that chocolate digestive ( as he tucks into a handful of them!) my logic - if he has them, why can't I? Self discipline is what I need more than anything. I also wonder whether we are too soft on ourselves (and each other for that matter) What I need more than anyone else is for someone to say - stop and think. Remember how good it feels to lose weight each week? Remember how good it feels to get into the next size clothes? Remember how good it feels when you measure yourself? If you want that snack - now go ahead.

My OH steers clear - it's like a red rag to a bull if he asks whether I should really be eating that chocolate digestive ( as he tucks into a handful of them!) my logic - if he has them, why can't I? Self discipline is what I need more than anything. I also wonder whether we are too soft on ourselves (and each other for that matter) What I need more than anyone else is for someone to say - stop and think. Remember how good it feels to lose weight each week? Remember how good it feels to get into the next size clothes? Remember how good it feels when you measure yourself? If you want that snack - now go ahead.

My OH is pretty healthy and doesn't really do biscuits and chocolate (which makes me hate him a little bit!) So he doesn't understand when I can't stop myself from eating an entire packet of biscuits once I've started.
I have been doing calorie counting instead of SW recently because I was feeling a bit restricted but am getting back on it in time for the next supermarket shop as I'm getting in the mindset of having a sugary cereal bar for breakfast and sugary snack because I have enough calories leftover rather than trying to eat more fruit and veg and reduce my sugar intake.
You could make little cards or something with those quotes on and stick them on your fridge and cupboards? Then after a while you'd be able to take them down and automatically think it to yourself whenever you went to get some biscuits!

Sent from my LG-D802 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You could make little cards or something with those quotes on and stick them on your fridge and cupboards? Then after a while you'd be able to take them down and automatically think it to yourself whenever you went to get some biscuits! Sent from my LG-D802 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's a great idea. Will give it a go.

Well the weekend approaches - a time when I think we all struggle to stay the course. I try to be extra healthy during the week so that I have some slack. Not this week though - for some reason the salad challenge hasn't done it for me this week. I report my eating for the day at about 8pm then all hell lets loose! Last night it was half a muffin (at least only half) two shortbread fingers and a handful of peanuts. Not a major blow out but the annoying thing was that I didn't even enjoy it. My mouth seems to have a life of its own.

Today I am on my own which I find easier. Bacon and egg for breakfast, a mugshot and muller light for lunch. Have taken smoked salmon out of freezer for a treat tea. Will have it on top of a mountain of salad followed by fruit. This might go some way to making up for the rest of the week. A barbecue tomorrow so am making some chicken and veg kebabs. Am not a burger fiend so that shouldn't be too hard. It's the desserts that I can't avoid.

Going to Vienna next week for a fortnight. Can't wait! Will weigh in early Monday morning but will check in with the Sunday crew to cheer from the sidelines

I have started doing my weekly shop on a Friday night so I am well stocked and have no excuse for a Friday night takeaway etc because food is running low or unhealthy snacks. I am dreading this week's weigh in, I had a sneaky midweek weigh and I'm back to my starting weight!

What are people's favourite supermarket items for easy snacks and lunches?

I buy loads of fruit as snacks ( probably too much.) slices of pineapple hit the spot. I also have mugshots from time to time. They are syn free and quite filling. Finally my staple of ryvitas, low fat cream cheese and a smear of jam. SW equivalent of a cream tea!

Well done. That's brilliant! Keep doing whatever you're doing

Thank you! I did mostly calorie counting this week but switching back to SW because I feel I eat more unhealthy when calorie counting. We'll see which is best next week I guess!

Well done!

I didn't weigh in yesterday - that alone tells you how disastrous my last 10 days have been. We have friends here until Saturday and my mind is so far from the zone it's ridiculous. Plan is to start again on Sunday. I know it's bad though, my work trousers told me so this morning!!

I weighed this morning because on the salad challenge with Monday weigh in. 1.5lb loss so that makes 5.5lbs in two weeks. I have a week off and then go back on to do a week of turbo challenge. Am going away today for two weeks but aim to be a goody two shoes if I can. Maybe one or two ice creams ........

Hi all, recently left group and so am going to start weighing in in Sunday's! Lost 4lb last week, so have been really good so far to try and keep the momentum going! Accidentally did the success express today with out realising it, so earnt myself cheese on toast this evening which was a nice surprise! Got the ingredients in for another SE tomoz...so will try and give it a go! Desperate to get in to the 11's!

What's the salad challenge?

Well done daisybell!

2.2lbs off this week!
I have been poorly this week so haven't eaten much so maybe that's why, but I have been drinking loads and loads of water and have cut out sugar from my diet! V happy either way.

Well done!

1lb down today, pretty chuffed, it's my time of the month and I forgot I was weighing in today so ate already (normally weight in morning before food), I wasn't expecting a loss!

2.2lbs off this week! I have been poorly this week so haven't eaten much so maybe that's why, but I have been drinking loads and loads of water and have cut out sugar from my diet! V happy either way. Sent from my LG-D802 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry you haven't been well but accept the loss as consolation!

I am away on hols so no scales - lucky me!

Back