Sunny Slimmers in Spain Weigh In

Evening chicas. I had a gain - 0.3 kgs (0.66 lbs) but to be expected as I've been out a few times and went to a 60th birthday on Saturday and ate far too many yummy and fattening tapas!

Thanks for that - when I was previously in Spain I used to eat loads of them :eek: Probably better they are synned, keep me away from them when we return.

I would not worry to much about eating them. At half a syn each you could eat 30 in a day if you wanted !!!

I am a failed dieter at present and I think Gail is having a hard time too. Just to many temptations around.

I will be back on track before too long as I hate being this fat.

We have lunch at the home of a client tomorrow ( antiques). He is from Singapore and wants to cook us a typical meal. My mouth is watering thinking about it. It would be very rude to say I can not eat his food now wouldn't it.

Good luck to all those still sticking with it and being such a good example to the baddies like me.

Where's the list ? I am on the second week back on the wagon. I started on 14th May and lost 5lb last week

Where's the list ? I am on the second week back on the wagon. I started on 14th May and lost 5lb last week

Gosh !!!!! Well done that is brilliant.

I am back on track hurrah !!!! I started again on Thursday and am enjoying being in control again.

What a good time to climb back on the waggon with all the lovely soft fruits in the shops.

I bought blueberries on Lidl for just 1.29€ and am eating a punnet a day in fruit salad that consists of raspberries ( Lidl) strawberries, cherries and kiwi fruit.............delish !!!

I will try and contact Gail as the list has disappeared without her at the helm of our weigh in thread.

Thanks Sue, I always find week 2 the hardest, after that I am ok.
I've got some nisperos in the fridge, and don't know what to do with them. Any suggestions ?
They are a bit sharp to eat from the tub :eek:

Hi SWS Chrissy - nice to have you on board

This is the original list of us Spanish dieters - with Chrissy added. How about we start again from Monday 28th May?

fillymum:
pommette:
sookie:
SueGC:
suespain:
SWS Chrissy:

toliveordiet?:

Can we start from last week :D
No problem, a chart is easier for us to see each others weight progress

Can we start from last week :D
No problem, a chart is easier for us to see each others weight progress

That's only so you can see your big loss last week :8855:
Fillymum only started back last week so won't have anything to post.
Charts for all of us are tricky - unless you know of a way as I don't.

Nisperos - the only thing to do with them is make jam - all that sugar :D:eek:

Nisperos - the only thing to do with them is make jam - all that sugar :D:eek:

They are delicious eaten straight off the tree and free on all 3 systems.

Err . . . what are nisperos? Ok I've lived here is Spain for a while but I only eat melon and berries for fruit.

They are delicious eaten straight off the tree and free on all 3 systems.

We used to live in the Village of the Nisperos and they were made into jam and wine. Could never be bothered to eat them - too many stones and not enough fruit. My neighbour used to spend hours making the jam then gave it all away!!!

LORRAINE RIMMER: Spanish Fruit 'The Nispero'

Err . . . what are nisperos? Ok I've lived here is Spain for a while but I only eat melon and berries for fruit.

You will find them in the markets now Bev.

We grow them here on our land and I love them. If you eat them early in the season they are a bit tart. Around now they are a lot sweeter. I love going out by the pool and eating them straight off the tree there. I take the skin off them and sometimes plant the three or four kernels in them and give the resulting saplings to friends.

images

We used to live in the Village of the Nisperos and they were made into jam and wine. Could never be bothered to eat them - too many stones and not enough fruit. My neighbour used to spend hours making the jam then gave it all away!!!

LORRAINE RIMMER: Spanish Fruit 'The Nispero'

AHA, so you lived in Callosa de Enserria el Paradiso del Nispero almost into Guadalest.

I love the variety of products they manage to get from the humble nispero.

Bev this might help you to recognise the fruit a bit better. It is worth trying it. You will love it or hate it. As I said I love them.

The Medlar:
nisperosmall.jpg
The Medlar Fruit is known in Spain as a nispero. In America it is commonly reffered to as a loquat. Other names include pipa, biwa and Japanese medlar.
The Medlar tree is a small evergreen that can grow to a height of 15 feet. The trees originated in Asia and China and then appeared in Japan where the fruit was used as a food source and for medicinal purposes. They now grow throughout the world in mild climates.
The trees also produce a small, attractive and fragrant white flower and so are often used for landscaping. The fruits are oval in shape and between 1 and 2 inches in length. Depending on the type, the skin can be orange, yellow or peach in colour, and the inner flesh can be orange, yellow or white. Although the skin can be eaten, it is usual just to eat the flesh. Each fruit contains between two and five large seeds which are toxic and should never be eaten. The flesh has a sweet taste and juicy texture and contains vitamins A, B and C.

Right off to get weighed.

Hi everyone.. Not weighted myself for a while as been away but starting back up again today... Hope everyone is good xx

2lb off for me :)

Well done and keep posting............go into off topic, join in there. Use a lot more threads, you will soon have your 50 posts.

I restarted last Thursday but want to do the Monday WI.

I have lost a wonderful 2lbs yeah !!!

fillymum: 2lbs.
pommette:
sookie:
SueGC:
suespain:
SWS Chrissy: 2lbs,

toliveordiet?:

Back