Sunny Slimmers in Spain Weigh In

Welcome SueCG

Well I'm back after my week in Spain. Won't be weighing myself until next Friday.. Coward I know but don't want to see the damage I did..lol

Hope everyone is well and having a great week xx

Hi everyone on mainland - well thought I had done great this week - weighed myself yesterday (day before official weigh in day and had lost 900 g since last week - really good for me! Had great day yesterday, 2 weetabix and milk allowance for healthy extras, mercado lovely yoghurt mid morning, egg salad for lunch, Activia yog mid afternoon, Synned, and then very little roast lean lamb and jacket potatoe with a g and t!!!

Weighed in this morning and weighed 79 kilos so a loss of 200 grams (I think a mars bars weighs more!!!!) very disappointed as have been following everything to a T!! Only thing I can think it could be - had to go to dr yesterday as have hurt my knee and he gave me anti inflammatory tablets to take - do these make you retain water does anyone know!!!

my diet has been more or less the same every day, weetabix, and milk as HE with banana for breakfast, mercado a 0% yog mid morning, egg or ham salad for lunch a bit of salad cream added into my syns, Activia yoghurt, Synned, then either grillled salmon or grilled chicken salad in evening, sometimes with a plain boiled potatoe, sometimes not , usually have a glass of wine or g and low cal t as well.

Am I eating enough? I know once at we they told me to make sure you eat all your points etc, what can I cut out? What can I do different? I might not be drinking enough water but definitely do 1 litre a day, apart from the anti inflammatory can't think what else could have made me out on 800 g in one day!!!!

so official loss this week is 200 g 79 kilos

Look forward to your comments

Xxxx

Sue gc

Can I ask which brand of scales you use - I am lucky to be able to weigh 1/2 kg accurately never mind 200gms and I must get some new one. thanks

They are electronic ones called Soehlne - think I got them in Carrefour - Salter make are very good as well - u can change thm to stones and lbs as well! (very good for checking your Ryan air luggage as well"""

Evening chicas.

I'm heading back to Blighty tommorrow and won't be back in Spain until 8th May.
I'll have my netbook and the dongle but as mobile signals are pretty dodgy where MIL lives and most of the other places we'll be visiting too I won't get on very often.

Have a great 11 days without me and good luck everyone.

Re Scales- Mine are electronic ones too - Tesco own label!!! Great for Ryanair luggage which is what they'll be used for tomorrow morning (and for an early WI for next week).

Last edited:
WI before I left home showed a massive 100g loss - i.e. about ¼ lb!
Week 4 stats seem to be missing from Gails last post . . .
So my stats for April are . . .

Week 1 STS / Week 2 - holiday / Week 3 -1.5lbs / Week 4 1¾ lbs GAIN / Week 5 -¼ lb
NET FOR MONTH - STS

Relatively happy with that seeing as I am supposed to be maintaining.
Although seems to be at 3 lbs over target. Grrrrrr

3lbs on for me eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk !!!! but I deserve it as I have eaten and drunk with abandon...............

Gail where are you....................????????????? Perhaps I will see you in Iceland this week............hope all is well with you

Morning my Spanish friends

I faced the scales on Tuesday when I got home and . . . I've gained 1.6 kgs whilst we were in the UK.
That's 3½ lbs which puts me way over target and back over 12 st which I said I would never do again! :eek: :cry:

I know some of it will be water retention from yesterdays flight but the rest is just far too many carbs and full fat stuff.
Back to lots of red days to shift it methinks.

Well done to losers amd commiserations to gainers - and good luck everyone else if you are still to WI.

Morning peeps

Is there anyone else around on here now?

0.6 kg off for me (roughy 1.3 lbs) leaving me 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs) over target.
I really wanted to shift all the gain of last week - or at least enough to get back under 12 st - but a curry night put paid to that!
Loads of rice and a naan too but basically I just ate too much - and not just at the curry night.
I've been starving all weekend and raiding the cereal bars.

Slinks off to sulk.

Pommette said:
Morning peeps

Is there anyone else around on here now?

0.6 kg off for me (roughy 1.3 lbs) leaving me 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs) over target.
I really wanted to shift all the gain of last week - or at least enough to get back under 12 st - but a curry night put paid to that!
Loads of rice and a naan too but basically I just ate too much - and not just at the curry night.
I've been starving all weekend and raiding the cereal bars.

Slinks off to sulk.

I'm still here..
1lb off for me..
Don't expect much off this weigh in as like you (but Chinese) way to much food and wine. And wine all weekend..

Well done though sookie - it's still a loss.
And wel done SueGC - you posted whilst I was away and I missed it this morning.

Pommette said:
Well done though sookie - it's still a loss.
And wel done SueGC - you posted whilst I was away and I missed it this morning.

Can anyone help me im off to teneriefe next week and am self catering want to be relitavely good any reccomendations for syn Free yogs and cooked meats oh and the best meals to choose when eating out any help would be fab

Can anyone help me im off to teneriefe next week and am self catering want to be relitavely good any reccomendations for syn Free yogs and cooked meats oh and the best meals to choose when eating out any help would be fab
Hi cat yoyo greaves - I'm sure you'll find a Mercadona supermarket in Teneriffe. They do lots of own label (Hacendado) 0% fat yoghurts that class as syn free. Ordinary ones, ones with bifidus (like Activia) plus ones called la Pasteleria which are 0% fat - and are 1/2 syn each. Very nice they are too.
You can get Activia in Mercadona but they are expensive - twice the price of Hacendado ones

Meats - just try to stay clear of Jamon Serano and Chorizo - they are both high in fat. You can get ordinary ham etc in Mercadona.

Have a look through this thread as well - there's more info on here.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-overseas/191041-spain-free-low-syn-foods.html

If you are anywhere near Los Cristianos or Playa de las Américas then you wil find Iceland stores in both of these places if you want to be safe.

Have a great holiday

Pommette said:
Hi cat yoyo greaves - I'm sure you'll find a Mercadona supermarket in Teneriffe. They do lots of own label (Hacendado) 0% fat yoghurts that class as syn free. Ordinary ones, ones with bifidus (like Activia) plus ones called la Pasteleria which are 0% fat - and are 1/2 syn each. Very nice they are too.
You can get Activia in Mercadona but they are expensive - twice the price of Hacendado ones

Meats - just try to stay clear of Jamon Serano and Chorizo - they are both high in fat. You can get ordinary ham etc in Mercadona.

Have a look through this thread as well - there's more info on here.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-overseas/191041-spain-free-low-syn-foods.html

If you are anywhere near Los Cristianos or Playa de las Américas then you wil find Iceland stores in both of these places if you want to be safe.

Have a great holiday

Thankyou ive packed savoury Rice am just gonna have eggs meats and salads and yogs in day with some savoury Rice as its syn Free then im gonna stick to seafood for my evening meals out as i love it

You can get Activia in Mercadona but they are expensive - twice the price of Hacendado ones.
----------------------------------------------------

The Mercadona Pasteleria ones at 1/2 syn - are they the ones that are different types of puddings. If so did they used to be free?

systema said:
The Mercadona Pasteleria ones at 1/2 syn - are they the ones that are different types of puddings. If so did they used to be free?
Fillymun calculated the old ones as free. However, I stuck the new recipe ones through the SW Online syn calculator and they came out as 1/2 syn.
Probably because of the pureed fruit content. Same as many Muller Lights which are now 1/2 syn too,

Thanks for that - when I was previously in Spain I used to eat loads of them :eek: Probably better they are synned, keep me away from them when we return.

Back