Sunshine's Trip To Pre Baby Weight (start Thurs 13th oct, p 91)

Awwwwwww thanks guys.

Lelly you're such an inspiration here. I can't wait for the chick flick :)

Julie, sorry about your Mum. It's awful isn't it? When the cancer spreads to the brain, we lose them in front of our eyes and they can't fight anymore. Sorry it's all very depressing but when bad things happen the whole experience comes flooding back like you're right there in the middle of it again. I'm very certain you know exactly what I mean ((((((hugs)))))

Curly... I know! I'm like a mad woman. High, low, high, low :) I'm loving my new trackie bottoms. I wore them at the gym last night and what a bonus they stayed up!!! :)

I have a question for you lovely, lovely ladies..... do any of you find that when you exercise you don't lose weight? I know muscle weighs more than fat ect but we should be burning calories and surely it should show up on the scales? I'm still too sore to do weights today (it's because I would normally have protein sprots drinks after to repair the muscle and the cd meals aren't good enough to do this). I'll go on my power plates this morning instead. Ho hum!

Hope everyone has a great day xxx

Hey hon!!!
Yes yes yes the weeks I do the gym I lose less than if I dont.. thats why Im not going mad at the gym at the moment as want to lose the pounds................. Hope your ok sweetie.. and Im so pleased your track bottoms are cool.......... I have some I love.. my sis gave me and they are just perfect............ for the gym x

Yep I have the same problem too Sunshine, but found if I increased my food which is why I went up to 1200 I did tend to lose..

I have a question for you lovely, lovely ladies..... do any of you find that when you exercise you don't lose weight? I know muscle weighs more than fat ect but we should be burning calories and surely it should show up on the scales? I'm still too sore to do weights today (it's because I would normally have protein sprots drinks after to repair the muscle and the cd meals aren't good enough to do this). I'll go on my power plates this morning instead. Ho hum!

Hope everyone has a great day xxx

Pleased your trackie bottoms are staying up. :)

Have to correct you that muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1 pound of fat = 1 pound of muscle. Muscle is just more dense. Also, on the low calorie diet you are still on, it may be worth considering what effort you are exercising at.

Basically if you keep your heart rate down, you may be able to exercise for longer. If you are interested in learning more about that (and apologies if you already know) do a search for heart rate training.

I've just received my very cool new running watch which has a GPS and HRM on it. I can't wait to see how things go. I know I need to keep the exercise light at this stage of the game but it'll be interesting to see how my losses are effected by exercising at a lower heart rate.

This is madness. I've blipped probably the worst blip so far. Feeling really out of control and it's scaring the hell out me. Anyway I haven't come on to write about it but instead to plan my food for tomorrow to ensure I stay on plan. I don't get why I'm doing this to myself after so long of doing well.

I need to spread my food out so I always have something left on plan if I feel i'd like something.

Food list for Saturday:

Morning-
Raspberries
Water 2ltrs
Coffee

Afternoon-
Porridge & raspberries
Water 1.5 ltrs
Yoghurt, banana & cinemon
Coffee

Evening-
Pasta, tuna & veg (1000A meal)
Mint Tea
Porridge, banana & cinemon
Water 0.5ltrs

If I can't stick to this then there's something wrong with me. There is loads there to keep me from going off plan. My cdc suggested that I can mix the 1000A and 1000B meals so I'm going back to 1000A for a bit. Couldn't go back to 810 now, enjoying fruit too much to give that up again. I've come to far to ruin all my good work so I have to do this for myself. I'll relax and just do it and busy myslef with cleaning my house tomorrow and catching up with friends on the phone. x

You are right Sunshine, you can do this.

Good planning there, and I really hope today is a better day for you.

It was on this step that I decided I knew better and stopped doing CD. I think it's because we are really just coming out of ketosis and that addictive desire is really beginning to hit.

Ps. I'd not realised you did 810 all the way too. That's very reassuring as I need to lose about the same amount as you :)

Hi Laura and thanks for your 2 posts. I did read the gym one last night and was so busy trying to get my head around this food stuff I forgot to mention about it lol. I'll look into that info tho thanks.

Yeah I did 810 all the way and loved it. I did ss a year previously for a brief moment but it wasn't for me. Thought 810 would actually keep me on CD.

I feel rubbish about last night. I'm going to stick with my foodie list. 1000A I loved, just 1000B I seem to have no interest in. Doesn't make sense. I keep thinking I'm so focused and back in the zone and then it falls apart. I'm afraid to say anything now :) Better keep my goals in mind. My foodie list is on the fridge door. I've started with water. I want to get back to at least 4ltrs a day and 1000A as I lost loads when did this before. x

Glugged 1.5ltrs so far. About to have raspberries and coffee. Then I'm of to the gym to do weights with other half. I'd say I'll be popping on here throughout the day and logging what I've eaten to keep me on track.

Glug, glug, glug xxx

God, I hope this forum gets fixed soon. It's a huge struggle getting on.

I love my gym workout this morning. Did 45 mins of weights and then some cycling whcih I'm not usualy so keen on but it was fab. I also discovered the spa there is really nice so I'm going to start using it from tomorrow. Nothing better than relaxing in a steam room. love it.

I've kept on my foodie track so far. Gonna push myself to go into town and buy some gym vests. As much as I'm happy to be on track with CD today I'm also feeling very low about other things. Hopefully things will work out and everything will be ok. Maybe town is actually a good idea.

See you later if we can get back on xxx

Last edited:
Still glugging, almost 4 litres done . May even go for a 5th just to clear my system out. Bought more trackie bottoms today, need more than one gym pair. No nice gym tops so I'll stick with what I have for now.

Still on track and feeling happier. Catching up on here an have National Lampoon's Vacation on in the background :)

I want that amazing feeling of waking up tomorrow morning knowing I've had a great previous day on plan. x

Not long to go with today now honey so looks like that amazing feeling will be waiting for you in the morning!!! Keep your chin up honey and keep glugging xxxx

Thanks hun, I've stayed on plan so I'm pleased. How are you getting on? x

Had 4 ltrs of water and into my 5th now. It makes such a huge difference to me when I drink the 4 ltrs as it keeps me full and not craving rubbish. So gonna have to keep this up for now. Anything to get me to goal :)

Hey hon ..
Sounds like your having a good day........ and well done on drinking lots and lots of water it does help....
Good you for your 45 mins at the gym........... sounds like your getting really into it..
Have a good evening hon the day is nearly over..
Keep smiling your doing fab.. You can do it x

I hope that actually can sleep tonight after drinking all that water.

I thought the amount of water cut down as the diet increased. I tend to drink 3 litres of water + a day anyhow, especially when I exercise. However I know I can drink too much too and that's when I feel all dizzy and horrible.

So glad you are having a better day :) xx

Thanks Laura and Curly,

Yeah i normally drank 2 ltrs. In the heat I upped it to 4 and then the last few weeks I hardly managed the 2. I just feel I need loads at the moment to boost my system.

Yep loving the gym. Always did and such a bonus to use the spa after. xxx

Tomorrows plan:

Gym & spa
Spring clean house top to bottom
Look into Xmas holiday in Florida, sort itinary
Rehearse set list

Foodie list:

Morning:
Water 2 ltrs
Coffee
Berries

Afternoon:
CD porridge & berries
Yoghurt, banana & cinamon
2ltrs water

Evening:
Chicken & veg chilli stir fry with rice/pasta (1000A)
CD choc custard & berries
1lt water

100% day woooooohoooooo. I know it's a bit sad nearly 100 days in to be chuffed with this. But it means I can wake up tomorow with the buzz I used to get knowing i'm on track :) xxx

I am thrilled I stayed on plan yesterday. I am still waiting for my damn period to come. I couldn't help standing on the scales after my 100% day yesterday. I realy shouldn't have tho as I am now 4lbs heavier! I know it's mostly water retension but how patient do I have to be! I'm back a month now :( I lost 4.5lbs in the first 2 weeks on 1000 and in the next 2 weeks it's all back on again! It's getting hard to stay motivated. I am back on track now but i'm getting really pis*ed off! There is no way I'll lose 4lbs to get back to where I was at the gig by Tues week (9days till Dublin).

I will carry on drinking water and doing the gym. But everytime I work out I either stay the same or put weight on. I feel like screaming very loud.

I am still going to aim for a 4lb loss in 9 days hoping that when my period comes I'll get lighter quickly and stop retaining water. It doesn't make sense because when you drink loads of water it's meant to stop you retaining it at that time of the month.

I'm not happy. What a rollarcoaster. 4lbs away from goal and now 8! Right back to where I started. It's no wonder people give up and end up piling the weight back on. I had one blow out and look what it's done! Others have them all the time and still flipping lose. Well I really hope I've learnt my lesson. Tomorrow would normally be wi
day (no cdc for 3 weeks) so I'll check again tomorrow. I'm glad I checked my weight as I need to be realistic.

Back