Sunshine's Trip To Pre Baby Weight (start Thurs 13th oct, p 91)

I've set myself up with a new mini ticker for the 4lbs I've put on to lose in 9 days till Dublin. I can only give it my best shot and see where I get. I felt great at 9st 1lb so to be there for Dublin and seeing all my family and friends would be great. x

(((Sunshine))) The forum is always difficult to read people's tones etc but just in case, keep it in perspective okay... You've done marvellously, you look absolutely fabulous and once TOTM is over, there'll be a whoosh in your weight loss and you'll probably end up below target.

Have you been measuring yourself or are you finding your clothes fit better? Even if you aren't losing weight at the moment, I bet you are toning up.

You've got me wondering if there's a maximum level of water that will help us to stop retaining fluid. Don't know the answer though :)

Btw, if you do end up interested in the heart rate stuff, here's a good link: FAQ: Heart Rate Zones

Also read the myths about the fat burning zone too.

Secondly, isn't there a chance your glycogen has refuelled as well. I think it's supposed to be equivalent to what we lose in the first few days of CD. That means the number on the scale is going to be higher but you've not put on any fat.

I didn't start TOTM until about 2 months after I'd gone back to normal eating.

Hang in there. I'd say stay off the scales if they are really getting to you but somehow I don't think you are going to :)

Last edited:
Thanks honey, you're lovely. You're such a huge support to me. I've calmed down :)
At my gym the cardio machines tell you when your heart rate is in the fat burning zone etc. Yesterday i stuck to that and didn't go overboard. My other half is big into weights and says that muscle is more dence than fat and does weigh more. I've used gyms for years and all my personal trainers have always said the same so it does effect the scales. But what i don't understand is that by exercising your metabolism is raised and for 24hrs after you're meant to be burning calories. So in theory I should still be losing the lbs. I am going to read up on it as you suggest and as my oh is always suggesting :) so i know exactly what is going on.

I hadn't thought about the extra lbs we lose at the beginning hum hum......

Thanks again. I'm sounding very self obsessed on here at the moment. The problem is i don't want to talk about it with friends as they'll just blather on with i told you so's.......

Have a great day Laura and thanks for atking the time to read xxx

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Talk away to me :) I lost a 'friend' because she felt I talked about weight too much. God only knows why she just didnt' say she didnt' want to talk about weight and thef funny thing was I didn't talk about weight that much. She's very into aikido so I thought it was interesting for her as well. Anyhow, obviously if she was a proper friend that wouldn't have happened. I also think she had issues about her own weight and though she said she was happy at the weight she was, she actually wasn't.

Re the heart rate stuff, unless you've done a proper heart rate test, your reading can have a larger margin of error and that could put you into a different heart rate zone.

1 pound of muscle has to equal 1 pound of fat. However as muscle is more dense, if you had a cup full of muscle and a cup full of fat, you'd have more muscle in the cup therefore the cup would weigh more.

You're not self-obsessed. You've come so far and I really understand how important it is for you.

Last edited:
Hey hon
Your doing fab.. good on you for setting up a new tickler for Dublin you will get those 4 lbs off hon .. you can do it wow not long til Dublin bet your getting really excited..
Have a good day hon x

Awwwwwww you two are so lovely.

Curly i am looking forward to Dublin. I have a lot to fit in while I'm there but can't wait to see my sister again and my Dad. I'm also seeing friends I haven't seen in soooo long. Probably why i want to get those lbs off. :) How are you doing need I ask? lol. I think you deserve a medal for being the most positive on the ball person here :) hugs

Laura. You're so right. Completly forgot those machines aren't bang on without all your individual stats. Forgot to say to you earlier that I never had a whoooooshhhh :) after totm. I'd stay the same for a while and then just lose as usual. But here's hoping I have my first big whhhhooossssshhhhhhh this time lol.
Lovely friend you had there. I must admit I'm careful who I talk to. I generally don't bring it up much anymore but I think that's because of this amazing forum and all you lovely peeps. When people say I look great, I say thanks so do you and move off the topic lol. You must have been really sad to have lost your friend tho. Honesty is alway best I believe. Some girlie friends ask me all about the diet and I'm happy to blather on about it f they want me to but that's only to about 2 friends and my sis.

Right gonna go catch up with your threads xxxxxx hugs hugs and more hugs

ps- i'm 100% today and enjoying it x

It's bliss just relaxing today. I've finally managed to catch up on peoples threads. Right I'm hungry so gonna go have dinner, chickne, rice and veg all spiced up - yum xxx

Hey hon
Well done for being 100% today.. good on you!! See you can do it.. Hope you enjoyed your dinner it sounds yummy.. I must say I have chicken most nights..
Are you originally from Dublin hon? Or did your dad and sis just move out there....... I bet you cant wait to see them and catch up with everyone.

Things with me are good hon........... and thanks for your kind words.. i must say. I know you know but I do love cd and do try and be positive and strict with myself!!!!! xxxxx

Glad you are having a better day today. Your dinner sounds yum!
Just had my first 810 meal and oh my god it was lush!

Btw, told you i was stalking ya!:D

If there's people you haven't seen for ages, they are going to be so blown away by how beautiful you look, the last thing they are going to think is oooh she could lose another 4 lbs!

I actually hadn't known that friend for that long and although I liked her, her attitude and reaction to when the weight thing came to light was really disappointing. I realised she had a lot of issues and me losing weight (let alone talking about it) was just too in her face. She was happy when I was fat, but not when I was skinny so I can't say I miss her.

And well done on another great day. x

Ps. Have just realised how long you forummed this afternoon. Looks like you've got compulsive repliers syndrome too. It's just too nice not to say hi on the threads isn't it?

Last edited:
If there's people you haven't seen for ages, they are going to be so blown away by how beautiful you look, the last thing they are going to think is oooh she could lose another 4 lbs!

Ps. Have just realised how long you forummed this afternoon. Looks like you've got compulsive repliers syndrome too. It's just too nice not to say hi on the threads isn't it?

True, altho I know I'll be happier at the weight I had achieved. But i do know what you're saying :)
Yeah I got loads done that I needed to and just relaxed and caught up on the threads. It can be hard keeping up with everyone and I don't always get to post even tho I've read :) xxx

Morning honey. I was told on re joining the gym to go by my clothes for the first few months rather than the scales as your body will tone up and although the scales may go up your body shape will be better and you will look better in your clothes. You are doing so well and bet you will look fab for Dublin my dear xxxx

Ah thanks for that Julie. Well first time ever while at the gym and the numbers are starting to go down so maybe it does happen over time :)
Phew! 2 days 100% and 1.5lbs off the 4lb I'd put on.

2.5lbs off in 8 days sounds much more do-able than 4lbs off in 9 days. I'm gonna do this.

Foodie list: about the same as yesterday with chicken etc. I seem to stay in control more when I have chicken. Had it most of the way through 810 so I'll stick with it for now.

Feeling better even tho I'm still extremly bloated. Think i'm constipated but with all that fruit I have no idea how. Really don't want to have to take something for it. I'll wait and see what my body does once it decides to have its period first.

Off to the gym really soon with otherhalf. Just waiting for porridge to go down. Loads to do today but mainly all from home which is lovely xxx

Last edited:
Have fun at the gym, I am looking forward to getting back into my gym tomorrow and starting to jog and cycle again. Glad the hard work is paying off :)

Enjoy the gym my dear, I took my little doggy round the block on my bike at lunch time - thats a new one never before been done lol!!!!!!xxx

Hey hon
Well done thats great....... 1 1/2 pounds already is fab...... and 2 1/2 pounds in 9 days of course you can do it!!! Good on you for having 2 100% days...... and hope you have fun at the gym..
xx

Hey Sunshine - 2 days of 100% and 1.5lbs gone - Im so so proud of you and when your TOTM comes and youre not constipated that 2.5 will be off in no time!!

Hope you enjoy the gym and keep up all the good work chick - youre positivity is rubbing off on me and helping get me back on track

Love
Jess
xxx

Thanks everyone,

Day 3 and 100%. Oh actually it's day 100 for me 2moro.wow! I'm really pleased i'm staying on track again.

I am meeting up with primary school friends in Dublin after 20 years so It's a great incentive to feel good. Also meeting up with secondary school friends I haven't seen in a couple of years. I need to keep this in mind over the next week.

Hoping to see the scales moving down again in the morning. i know it's just numbers but it'san incentive for me to lose that 4lbs by Tuesday next week. Hopefully then in Dublin I'll carry on losing towards my goal. I'll be logging on while I'm at my Dads to keep motivated on CD. May even set a dublin away ticker up to motivate me to lose and not sts. I'm a bit sad with my tickers but i do love them :)

I had an irritating night attempting to plan things which just weren't going my way but having chilled out for a bit i'm ok now.

Had my chicken and rice mix tonight which was very yum. I'm using the 1000A carb portion sizes (rice, pasta etc) but with a mix of veg from both 1000A and 1000B. I was litterally having to force down the 1000B portions and my cdc told me I didn't have to eat everything, that I'm petit and don't need the larger portions. Been much better having the smaller portions and if I feel I want more I can have it and still be on track.

Been in bed a couple of hours but not drifting off to sleep so I came on here to update my diary. I must say that as I'm on summer holls from fulltime teaching I've had to spread out my food over the day as it's way to easy to eat it all and have nothing left by night time. It's really worked planning it all out. I'm picking up some extra bars and shakes from a different cdc tomorrow night while my lady is away, just so i have a bit more choice... i got way too much porridge.

Goodnight diary and thanks for keeping me on track :) xxx

Back