Super Speed Foods

sm1ler

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread where people can post their fave super speed foods.
Maybe it will give us ideas on new ones to try aswell.
Mine are;

Melons
Strawberries
Chicken
:D

My favourits are:

Haddock.
Plaice.
Strawberries.
Red Grapefruit.

Whats superspeed food? Sorry I'm a newbie :eek:

they r basically foods that can help speed up ur losses

superfree means they r free on both red n green days, so its mostly fruit n veg

i eat loads of strawberries and they are super speed foods

xxx

Thanks girls, going to look at what they are and stock up on some, think I chould start having a bowl of mixed fruit in the morning rather than my toast :p

they r basically foods that can help speed up ur losses

superfree means they r free on both red n green days, so its mostly fruit n veg

i eat loads of strawberries and they are super speed foods

xxx

What do you eat your strawberries with? I can't eat them plain. I was thinking of adding them to a Mullerlight Yogurt

I think blueberries are super speed, arent they? Correct me if I'm wrong, have just decided to do SW again but not joining the club this time.

I think blueberries are super speed, arent they? Correct me if I'm wrong, have just decided to do SW again but not joining the club this time.

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
blueberries.jpg
clear.gif
Blueberries
A cousin to the bilberry, the sweet blueberry is native to North America and Canada and popularly used in muffins, blueberry pie or as an accompaniment to thick American pancakes. They are a good source of vitamin C (pop-up window) and also contain anthocyanins making them a useful aid against gastrointestinal disorder and urinary tract infections.
clear.gif
clear.gif
Red_HH.gif
Red_free.gif

Green_HH.gif
Green_free.gif

I had a massive bowl of mixed berries this morning for brekkie, all of which were SS and i poured a muller over it all !! was lovely but i didnt stay full up for as long as i would with my weetabix!

Different fruits all chopped up, with yoghurt poured over is delicious - but yeah I agree that it doesn't have the filling-power of Weetabix!!!

I love Strawberries, carrots, broccoli, baked beans & mushrooms and eat most, most days! lol I did a fortnight of aiming for 5 S/SS a day, and I lost 7lbs in three weeks, despite having a night on the p*ss in the middle of it, so they do work, I'd say.

As for what to eat strawbs with...try them spritzed with balsamic vinegar and a twist of black pepper ;-)

sorry they're not super speed - but they are very good for you!

I went through the list of them and scribbled down the ones i liked the sound of most.

*ehem*

Melon
Cauliflower
Peas
mushy peas
QUORN!!!!
raspberries
rhubarb
sweet potato

Mmmmm such yummy food. I want to try a baked sweet potato, topped with baked beans. That'd be a super super slimming meal!

:)

I'm a huge berry fan so its nice that they're speed foods! If you don't like berries as they are SpaceAngel a good way to eat them is as a smoothie. it's great if you're in a hurry and you can add a little bit of honey or sweetner to taste if you like. I usually make one with a small banana, a handful of frozen berries (MUCH cheaper than fresh and obv keep well :) ) and either a bit of free yog or some skimmed milk from my allowance. I just use a hand blender. Great as a filling snack too! :)

Back