Super Speed Soup

Well I made my version of this soup at the weekend and ate it all - went to weigh in this evening and lost 5lbs! So pleased - it really does work! X

jillz said:
Made this soup the other day and absolutely love it! Left out the baked beans because I couldn't see how they'd do in a pot of water and vegetables, maybe I'll try them next time.

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

I always use beans in mine, and also use veg stock instead of just water! It's lovely :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just had a cup full. Tastes gooorgeous, i put a bit of chilli powder in mine n its got a riiiight kick. Lets hope it works x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

Where there's a will..... said:
Do you not use the beef stock cubes in it though?

Sometimes I'll make up the beef stock instead of the veg stock and cook the veg in it-I also add paprika after :)

I put all sorts in mine!! Onion powder, cayenne pepper, chilli, garlic & mixed herbs just experiment & find out what u like ;0) x

Superspeed soup

:p I made this soup this afternoon, I am not a huge soup fan, but this is yummy. I have enough for at least a weeks worth of lunches. Thank you

I shall be making another batch on Monday after a hen weekend away :)

Made this the ithwr day and the massive pot has been sitting on my stove since then. Ok as a soup but really good as baked potato filling as someone else suggested! I added chilli powder so it tasted like a veg chilli topping, gratted 20g of chhese ontop as HEa and because it as so hof ( too much chilli) i drizzled with FFNatural yogurt. Mmmmm so good

I tried this for the first time this week. I have to say it didn't really floatmy boat ad a soup but here's what I've done with it to use it up and make it delicious:
- spoon it over a jacket potato with grated cheese
- add a cup into my chilli con carne recipe
- stirred in some tikka masala paste and served it with rice as a kind of lentil Dahl
- added chopped quern cooked sausages and some chilli to make a kind of stew.

Yum!

rachymason said:
I've got 2 massive pots (nearly 10 litres) of this on the stove!! It smells lovely :)

It tastes lovely too!

I added some a bowl plus extra water and a handful of dry pasta to a pan and cooked it all up! Yum yum! :)

I used a tin of Spicy bean salad, skipped the baked beans, accidently added a curry Oxo (thought it was chicken) and it's just lovely.

I think I will make a non spicy one to use as a base for spag bol!

_Ally_ said:
I made a huge pot of this. Blended it and didn't really like it :( Maybe I can add something else.

Worcester sauce and chilli? That cheered it up a bit x

I made a saucepan full today! Haven't eaten any for a meal yet, just did lots of tasting to get the seasoning right, but I'm so impressed at how nice it is. I skipped the baked beans and parsnip as I felt it would make the soup too sweet. I also didn't add lentils as I've never cooked with them before and didn't know they needed soaking :rolleyes: I also added broccoli as it's my favourite vegetable. Instead of beef stock I used a mixture of chicken and vegetable, and I also added chilli powder like many others did. I left mine chunky, apart from the beans and lentils which I whisked.

Am so pleased at how substantial and filling it tastes, I guess that is the pulses. Here is hoping it speeds me up a little!!

Well this did the trick for me this week I only had two bowls over two days for lunch and lost 3lb this week!

I made a batch today and added chilli this time :)

Back