Super Speed Soup

I had another bowl of this tonight blended with a dollop of creme fraiche and some bacon bits stirred in :) I think it was even nicer than last night!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't wait to try this - sounds yummy!

We r on r second week of having this as our dinner and we lost 1lbs, 2lbs n 4 1/2lbs this week despite the fact we all went out :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

I made my own version today...not so keen on the sweetness of baked beans and turnip..

You can use any type of beans really apart from baked beans in my recipe. Mine is more tangy italian/chinese style... Here is what I used - just make it the same way as in the original recipe but replace the ingredients:

1 tin canellini beans
1 tin butter beans
2 leeks
1 onion
few brussels sprouts
1 small white cabbage
2 chillies
Loads of garlic!!
2 can of choppes tomatoes
2 chillies
vegetable stock cubes
1 pack of won ton soup mix (chinese supermarket)
worcester sauce
vinegar
italian herbs

I also added some cubes of tofu - quite like the chinese type soups :)

Yummy!!

Edit: forgot to add green lentils to my soup - think you can do this as well but I just simply forgot..am sure that tastes even nicer:)

Last edited:
I just brought the ingredients for this do i just chuck it all in the slow cooker if so how long for? Also do i use hot water or cold?

cold water - if you put it on high usually 4 hours if on low 8 hours. Just leave it over night. Just chuck it all in.

judywoody said:
cold water - if you put it on high usually 4 hours if on low 8 hours. Just leave it over night. Just chuck it all in.

Awww thanks will get up early and put it on so it can cook while Im at work am.looking forward to trying it and hopefully will boost a loss x

Just cooked a huge batch Omg it lovely i added home Chilli for a bit of a kick x

chiefbridesmaid said:
I had this soup everyday for the past 2 weeks for lunch.. First week lost 3 lbs and second week 4lbs. It really is super speed soup but now I need a break so Im having the chilli chicken soup for lunch this week and maybe will alternate with the super speed soup next week... The only thing about the super speed soup is I find it gives you alot of wind!!lol

Did you make yours the same as the recipe at the begging of the thread?

Making another batch of this later for my lunches this week. Might put extra chilli flakes in this time!

Need to lose 2lbs this week for my 1.5 stone award!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I put a fresh red chili in mine this time has given it a nice kick - I do hope it helps we loose this week got a nice big lunchbox full in the freezer for next week :)

Just made some more of this soup n used it as a lasagna sauce. Was AMAZING!!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sII using MiniMins. **** 11lbs gone 55 to go!!!! ****

I have bought all the ingredients for this today so going to try this today. Really hope I enjoy it.

Until the veg is soft, i left it about half hour x

Back