Super Speed Soup

Ooh defo going to try this - would be perfect for lunch at work when it is miserable outside!!!

:)

It is, plus, having a batch in the freezer is brilliant for when you just can't be bothered to make something for lunch fo work - I'm having one of those weeks so have had it 3 times this week!! Haha.

I made this version of it on Saturday.

Pete’s Super Speed Soup
(original idea on Minimins website)

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

1 can mixed bean salad
1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 stick of celery, chopped small
1 large leek, chopped small
1 large onion, chopped small
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 green or red pepper, chopped small
1 chilli, chopped small
750 mL of beef stock
Mixed herbs

Method

Using a large pot, spray with Fry Light, add chopped celery, onion, leeks, carrots, peppers and chilli and cool until soft.
When soft add the stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and herbs.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand liquidizer reduce to a smooth constituency, or if you like it lumpy leave alone!

Attachments

• pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 598
  • pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 234
  • pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 174
Ok its made, i had the first bowl for lunch and have got enough to get me through to wednesday night (2 meals per day of it)
It tastes ok not the best thing I have ever tasted, but certainly not the worse.
Scale reading this morning 14lb 11 (they weigh less than the ones at sw unfortunately.)

I will update in the morning. Other food consumed today

Breakfast - SW rice pudding made with Kara Milk + Banana

Lunch - SS Soup. Activia Mango FF Yoghurt

Tea - SS Soup + 2 weetabix - hot water and just a tiny bit of skimmed milk (For dessert)

2 glasses of water, lemon and ginger herbal tea, 2 peppermint tea, 1 coffee)

Syns (So far) 3 sugar free biscuits 0.5syns each)

do you have the recipe for the soup please

thanks

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 can chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, red and yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
salt & Pepper
Mixed herbs
water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all veg into a pan, add everything thing else and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.

This can be left chunky or blended down - it also freezes.

I did the recipe on the first page (took me an hour and a half to cut the veg!) last night. Put it in the slow cooker today and it's lovely! I am so shocked as usually I don't eat 99% of the stuff in the recipe but I could honestly eat this soup for ever and ever. Will have to take some to group tonight.

Green and EE only. Syns on red.

Just made this last night and had a huuuuge portion for lunch today...delicious!!! Hoping to have it at least 1meal a day until weigh in on Monday :)

Thanks for the recipe, here is my version.....

Pete’s Super Speed Soup
(original idea on Minimins website)

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

1 can mixed bean salad
1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 stick of celery, chopped small
1 large leek, chopped small
1 large onion, chopped small
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 green or red pepper, chopped small
1 chilli, chopped small
750 mL of beef stock
Mixed herbs

Method

Using a large pot, spray with Fry Light, add chopped celery, onion, leeks, carrots, peppers and chilli and cool until soft.
When soft add the stock, chopped tomatoes, beans and herbs.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, remove from the heat and using a hand liquidizer reduce to a smooth constituency, or if you like it lumpy leave alone!

Attachments

• pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-1 (Large).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 195
  • pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup-2 (Large).JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    pete's soup -3 (Large).JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 268
I'm making the original recipe at the start of thread tomorrow. Can't wait!!! Love soup!! Xx

I can't waittomake this soup next week! I make my own soup every Sunday for my lunches at work (I love soup) so this will be a new one to try and hopefully boost my loss! My favourite soup to make is Tomato and Basil btw it's really yum.

Well I made this today!! Filled my enormous casserole dish-so much soup! Had it for dinner- tasty AND SO FILLING! I literally had whet would bs a small mugfull I guess and barely made it to the end! Had allowed for low syn crisps if I was hungry but I'm too full!! Amazing! I'm gonna call this the wonder soup! Xx

i had some for my dinner with a couple of ryvita crumbed into it. i made a huuuuuuuuge vat of the stuff (apparently 8 servings lol) and my mum froze most of it. some are in little containers which is enough for 2 bowls

its soooooo nice :D

last nights soup with Marmite toasties!

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup-2

Serves 4
Ingredients

900ml Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in 900ml boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 large leeks, finely chopped
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

Using a hand blender blitz until smooth.
Sprinkle with the chopped chives!
Served with Marmite Toast!

Attachments

• Leek & Potato Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    Leek & Potato Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 231
Boo I only lost a pound and had the soup for lunch 4/7 days :( Never mind still have some left this week!

Speed soup

As anyone any experiences with the speed soup, did it boost ur weight loss at all? How many times a day/week would u have eat it? I had a bowl at dinner time and have been running to the toilet ever since lol

For me it did help, but i did not have it everyday, a few times a week. Felt really full afterwards, very easy to make too! xx

Back