Super Speed Soup

I tried it for one week by substituting soup for one meal and lost 4Lbs!
Here are some of the recipes.................

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Ingredients

400g of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add 300mL of water also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients

900ml Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in 900ml boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 large leeks, finely chopped
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
*150ml half-fat crème fraiche
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

*If you like crème fraiche then add in the half-fat crème fraiche and heat through gently without bringing to the boil.

Using a hand blender blitz until smooth.

Pete’s Mushroom Soup

Serves 2
Ingredients
Hot vegetable stock
6 large mushrooms, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tsp mixed herbs
Method
Spray a saucepan with Fry light and add the onion and garlic and “sweat” for 5 mins.

Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes then add the hot stock, herbs, and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

Remove from the heat and liquidise with a hand blender, add seasoning to taste, simmer for a further 15 mins.

I know that this soup looks unappealing but it was made with
Dark brown mushrooms as they were all I had in the fridge!
The taste more than makes up for it….

Attachments

• Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    Tomato Soup (Large).JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 468
  • Leek & Potato Soup (Large).JPG
    Leek & Potato Soup (Large).JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Mushroom Soup (Large).JPG
    Mushroom Soup (Large).JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 212
i only made it monday night so bowl tues and big bowl yesterday - felt really bloated afterwards but have been more regular since - will eat it til its done but mainly as a way to get my veg x

Thanks for those bilsat. Are they syn free? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried it for one week by substituting soup for one meal and lost 4Lbs!
Here are some of the recipes.................

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Ingredients

400g of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
1 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 piece of celery, chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes and add 300mL of water also a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients

900ml Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in 900ml boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 large leeks, finely chopped
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
*150ml half-fat crème fraiche
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

*If you like crème fraiche then add in the half-fat crème fraiche and heat through gently without bringing to the boil.

Using a hand blender blitz until smooth.

Pete’s Mushroom Soup

Serves 2
Ingredients
Hot vegetable stock
6 large mushrooms, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tsp mixed herbs
Method
Spray a saucepan with Fry light and add the onion and garlic and “sweat” for 5 mins.

Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes then add the hot stock, herbs, and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

Remove from the heat and liquidise with a hand blender, add seasoning to taste, simmer for a further 15 mins.

I know that this soup looks unappealing but it was made with
Dark brown mushrooms as they were all I had in the fridge!
The taste more than makes up for it….

These all look yummy, thanks!!!

speed soup + passata makes a really nice pasta sauce that even my kids like I did it nearly every night for dinner with just plain pasta because I was visiting my gran in hospital a lot and lost 4lb in a week. A lot of people have said it made them go to the toilet more often which was kind of what I was hoping for (thank you iron supplements :( ) but personally never really noticed going more frequently just going every couple of days instead of never lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Great recipes. I'm eating a lot of soup at the moment and has definitely helped with my weight loss

did the mushroom one for breakfast, i put ham cubes in it also, couldnt find my blender :eek: but it was delish, deffo will be having that again

still hungry after speed soup - did i make it wrong?

hi everyone
first experience this week of having speed soup, over did it on the syns last night so thought would have soup for breakfast but after only 2hr max i was hungry again and had to eat a sandwich - it was a big bowl but i didnt make it with lentils, is this my downfall??

I don't think you did anything wrong. It's a bowl of soup at the end of the day and that would not fill me up all morning either. If you are hungry then eat - there is nothing wrong with that.

I always feel less hungry if I have something like porridge for breakfast (HEB, made with water and yoghurt stirred through to make it creamy). If I don't fancy that then some sort of protein breakfast is also very filling - for me that's usually bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans and 1 slice of wm bread (0.5 HEB).

I don't think soup would fill me up for the whole morning and to be quite honest I'm not sure I could even eat it for breakfast!

Denise

leaving out lentils would have made a difference imo. There's very little of substance in SS soup and the lentils add a bit of bulk so leaving them out probably made it less filling.

Free Soups

As far as I can tell they should all be free.........

Speed soups

Hi ladies...

Does anyone have any easy speed soup recipes? I can make plain veg soup but fancy having a go at something else.

Thanks in advance xx

Should have checked the thread before I posted... Recipes directly below my post, sorry ladies :/

These sound great, and I have all the ingredients for the first one, so going to make it this afternoon.

great soup ideas :D thanks very much , more to add to my list !!
xx

Just finished the potato and leek one. I made it using some real chiken stock - minus the fat - and blended everything but the potatoes and its lovely!!!

Just making the tomato one noe. It's looking good but think the leek one will be my fave.

Thanks for these :D

Back