Super Speed Soup

Made the Tomato Soup tonight, threw in a few extras that I had lying in the fridge - peppers, green beans - and I have left it chunky rather than whizzing, and it is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Oh, added a spoonful of marmite too, because I am an addict :D

Im going to have a blast today at the mushroom one, could u tell me please what measurements of water+veg stock cube you would need please.

Also when you describe that its 6 large mushrooms, do you mean large as in the portabello / field mushrooms or large ones of the normal kind.

Thanks for any replies in advance :) x

Im going to have a blast today at the mushroom one, could u tell me please what measurements of water+veg stock cube you would need please.

Also when you describe that its 6 large mushrooms, do you mean large as in the portabello / field mushrooms or large ones of the normal kind.

Thanks for any replies in advance :) x

I think the more mushrooms the better :) i love them . going to try this tomorrow :D

xx

skinnyminx said:
1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 can chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, red and yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
salt & Pepper
Mixed herbs
water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all veg into a pan, add everything thing else and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.

This can be left chunky or blended down - it also freezes.

Sounds yummy Im gonna make it through the week!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

12 Speed Soup

This is free on all plans. I'm off to Asda shortly to get the ingredients. Made from 12 speed foods as the title suggests.

The Recipe

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red & yellow pepper
2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all vegetables in pan
Add all other ingredients
Cover with water bring to boil and simmer until soft
Can be left chunky or blended
As with all recipes you can tweek the ingredients at will... but I advise that you follow the recipe, as the ingredients have been chosen for their (s) or (ss) symbol which are speed or superspeed food and help the body to loose weight! Hence the name "12 SPEED soup!"

Hi Angela.
The mushrooms were the brown ones that Sainsbury's sell for £1-
00 they are about 4cm across, I only had that amount in the fridge! as I only made it for 2 people I use 450mL of stock but it's up to you if you like it thinner or thicker.....
The whole recipe can be adjusted to suit what you have in the house.
Pete

Made it this afternoon to have for lunch while at work tomorrow... So good :)

Thank you x

Had some more of the tomato one for my lunch today, was even nicer than it was yesterday :D. Going to have some for my supper tonight too - trying to have as few syns as possible this week, got to get back on track, and this soup is great when I just have to have something savoury :).

definetly gonna try this sounds very yummy n speedy (bonus) also love a good recipe that can free always good when have no time :D

Question about the ingredients...

Hi all, just wondering why beans, lentils or parsnip are included in the list of ingredients for the Super Speed Soup. Is it because the represent quite a small % of the total recipe or are they needed for taste? I have made it quite a few times and enjoyed it, but thought the beans tasted rather strong. Just interested in other opinions. Thanks :)

To me it's the beans etc that make it so filling!! I've just defrosted my batch and it's better than when fresh AND the bean/pulsey taste isn't as strong! Maybe it needs a good long cook-times like this I wish I had a slow cooker! Xxx

This looks like something worth trying to boost the weight loss,

thanks for posting

p.s. How did you get the awards badges on your signature ?

sorry but baked beans, parsnips and lentils are not free on original days so would only be free on green and extra easy

Guess I fell into the usual trap of confusing superfree with superspeed foods. I was counting this soup as being superfree. Whereas, the success behind it seems to be that it 'speeds' weight loss and of course it contains lots of superfree foods too! Thanks everyone for your input. Marian x

Just checked me food optimising book.
Superspeed includes:
Baked beans
Black gram beans
Broad beans
Butter beans
Cannellini beans
Sword beans

Speed includes:
Black beans
Borlotti beans
Flageolet beans