Super Speed Soup

think i'm going to give this a go!!! wish me luck x

Thought id share-that i froze a lot of my SS soup to spread it out a bit. Take out 2 portions at a time. Defrosted a portion and reheated it thouroughly in a pan. Stirred in some half fat grated cheddar from hex a. Mixed this through pasta and served with the remainder of me cheese hex a on top. Totally yummy and felt very virtuous knowing just how much veg and goodness had been packed into my sauce!! Good idea for anyone with lots of SS soup thats bored of having it on its own or with wholemeal bread etc-enjoy!

As anyone any experiences with the speed soup, did it boost ur weight loss at all? How many times a day/week would u have eat it? I had a bowl at dinner time and have been running to the toilet ever since lol

I think it's delicious!! It looks bad but is scrumptious :) It does help my weight loss when I eat it twice a day :) and I also end up using the toilet :p I sometimes put some soy sauce or chilli powder or other spices :)

It's lovely!! Enjoy!! Xxx

I made this for the first time today, it makes loads and I ran out if containers so had to resort to putting the last bit in my god daughters cup cause it was the only thing I had left with a lid!! I just had a bowl for tea and it tastes quite nice - I mixed some Philadelphia light in it as I hadn't had hex a today! :)

omg i'm not a big fan of soup but thought i'd give it a try.......its soooo nice i can't leave it alone, i left mine chunky so might have it with a jacket potato tomorrow

i think i must be the only person not to have any success with this soup! i love it & enjoy eating it but always have an upset stomach the next day & retain lots of fluid & im 3lb heavier - lots of water today to try to shift it!

Could it be that you are experiencing problems with one of the ingredients? It's quite a concentrated hit of veg and also beans if you aren't used to it (the beans particularly). I'd say maybe try again but omit the mixed bean salad and baked beans? So a veggie soup thickened with lentils? Might be more gentle on your tummy?? (ps-if you look at the list of super speed veg in your book you'll be able to make a speed soup out of anything) xxx

Im not great in the kitchen and want to try and make some soup. Is a hand held blender ok to use or do you need a proper one. Thank you :)

Kellyhellen said:
Hand blender is fine. That's all I use anyway.

Thank you

I have just been and bought all the ingredients for the soup. Unfortunately I couldn't find any lentils in tins so bought the packets. Can anyone tell me how much I should use of the green lentils to make it equivalent to a can of them????

Thanks
Shell :)

Going to spend a few hours tomorrow making this soup as it sounds yum :) hoping I see some results on the scales too!!

Shellywelly68 said:
I have just been and bought all the ingredients for the soup. Unfortunately I couldn't find any lentils in tins so bought the packets. Can anyone tell me how much I should use of the green lentils to make it equivalent to a can of them????

Thanks
Shell :)

Hey I didn't buy a tin I bought a carton from sainsburys! No idea of weight but once I washed them I'd say they were 2 med handfuls dry!

chickadee83 said:
Going to spend a few hours tomorrow making this soup as it sounds yum :) hoping I see some results on the scales too!!

Hey chickadee83 you won't need a few hours! Thankfully this bad boys speedy in lots of ways!!

Even better :)

Back