Super Speed Soup

Well soup didn't take long to make at all! I've made a modified version using what I already had- carrots, red onion, red pepper, baked beans, butter beans, kidney beans, garden peas, chopped toms, passata and chicken stock. Looks colourful in the pot, hope I like it as used up most of my veg!!

Just bought ingredients to make a batch

Hey I didn't buy a tin I bought a carton from sainsburys! No idea of weight but once I washed them I'd say they were 2 med handfuls dry!

I guessed about right then :p I have just made a big pan of this and am sitting eating a bowlful as I type.......it's gorgeous!!!

Have made a huge pot of the mushroom one today, does anyone know if it can be frozen?

Also if I've made it today would it be safe enough to heat up on Monday/Tuesday or should I freeze it tonight then lift it out tomorrow evening to defrost for Monday lunchtime? xx

My modified version of the soup was delicious - had my first bowl chunky, then blended some and had it smoother( even yummier I think) now having some as a pasta sauce!! It's so versatile :)

I always make the soup and let it go cold then reheat it later, don't boil! Always tastes better the second time you reheat it. I also freeze any leftovers and it reheats ok

When I used to go to classes my consultant told us about a super speed soup which is really quick to make. I know it consisted of a tin of carrots and a tin of tomatoes, but I'm sure there was another item included. You then add them all to the blender (including water in tin of carrots) and blitz them up.

Does anyone else know of this soup, and if so do you know what the third ingredient is?

thanks in advance

It's great as a pasta sauce!!! Love this stuf!!

I normally HATE soup but I found that this was delicious, left out some of the ingredients as I didn't have them in the kitchen, but still tastes nice.

What would be a suitable serving of this soup? I don't want to go overboard on the salt!

goodbyeflab said:
I normally HATE soup but I found that this was delicious, left out some of the ingredients as I didn't have them in the kitchen, but still tastes nice.

What would be a suitable serving of this soup? I don't want to go overboard on the salt!

Just a standard bowl I guess, about 2 ladles full? That's the beauty of SW tho, you could have a small bowl and then if you're still hungry half an hour later, you could have some more :) enjoy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yllw355 said:
is it best to have this soup every day for lunch ????

Have it whenever you want! Xx

goodbyeflab said:

Salt?? What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try this one if you dare! VERY HOT!...............

Pete’s Tomato & Chilli Soup
very hot!

Serves 2

Ingredients

400g of chopped tomatoes
300mL stock using a Knorr vegetable stock pot & hot water
1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
1 piece of celery, chopped into small pieces
1 red chilli, finely chopped, including the seeds
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Add the chilli, garlic, & celery to the pan, add the vegetable stock and mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes, the stock and a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add Seasoning to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

You can also allow it to cool and reheated later, as this gives a better fuller flavour.

Remember it’s hot!

Attachments

• Tomato & Chilli Soup (Large).JPG
    Tomato & Chilli Soup (Large).JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 342
I've eaten so much of it I can't eat it anymore - gone right off it and found eating it made no difference to my weight loss so thankfully nit eating it hadn't caused a slow down lol

I had 3 bowls of this last week and have lost 2lb so not sure if it was down to that or not. Will have some more this week and see what happen :)

Back