Super Speed Soup

Can i ask. Can of bean salad. Is this available in certain supermarkets as I can't seem to find it. Sounds yummy.

Hi Flanj

The Mixed Bean Salad is 47p in Asda, 99p in Morrisons & Tesco's and Tesco's also do a Spicy Mixed Bean Salad for 79p. :D

I might give this a go, but think I will be swapping some of the listed ingredients for other SS alternatives! ;)

Yum. This sounds amazing. I'm not quite in the "warm winter soup" frame of mind at the moment, but in a few weeks I'll make it :)

I made it without the mixed beans or baked beans, just added extra red lentils. I also added cayenne pepper as its theorised to aid weight loss, is good for the digestive system and helps keep your lungs and sinuses healthy...great for this time of year!

I use chilli kidney beans makes the soup spicy! If you don't like baked beans add a tin of cannelini beans, same bean no sauce, I dislike beans too and it's not discernible at all.

Got some of mine out the freezer for lunch :)

This sounds really nice, but does it make you as 'trumpy' as i imagine it would? I am already nicknamed windy - don't really need to give any more fuel to the fire! :eek:

This sounds really nice, but does it make you as 'trumpy' as i imagine it would? I am already nicknamed windy - don't really need to give any more fuel to the fire! :eek:

Better not give any to my OH then:)

lillyland said:

Lol yes it does my tummy gets so uncomfortable when I eat it hence I only have it once in a while

I have spent the weekend eating this and as tasty as it was I feel awful today! Fat and heavy! Please tell me it is going to fall off by weigh in on Friday! (ps half of the recipe is in the freezer so didn't go overboard eating it!)

you'll just be bloated (aka windy) from all the veg and beans, unfortunatly that us one of the rubbish things bwt eatting healthy. Give it day or two and you should be back to normal.

The good thing about this bloating is that most of it is air and will not register on the scales :)

Malibu xx

oh dear! are your scale at home different from those at your group? I wouldn't worry until you weigh in on friday and then you know for sure what your weight is :)

I don't have a group so definitely same scales! Oh well, just so disappointed had such high hopes for the soup but I should know better than expecting a quick fix! I will have it for my tea at some point again this week and hope it all falls off for Friday!

It's not physically possible for *any* meal to put 5lb on you, let alone superspeed soup, that would defy the laws of physics. Thats 17,500 calories or 35 Big Macs.

It'll just be water, bulk food waiting to come out 'the other end', different time of day weighing etc. Worry ye not :)

It's not physically possible for *any* meal to put 5lb on you, let alone superspeed soup, that would defy the laws of physics. Thats 17,500 calories or 35 Big Macs.

It'll just be water, bulk food waiting to come out 'the other end', different time of day weighing etc. Worry ye not :)

Was trying to think of a better way to say, maybe you just need a big poo.... I think you managed it in a much more lady like way lol :)

Malibu xx

ermintrude said:

I was looking up bloat remedies last night, and it said that it can be caused by undigested and indigestible food in the gut 'fermenting'. All that food weighs something, beans take alot of work to digest, so it's probably as Ermintrude says.

Incidentally it also said not to drink with a meal as you dilute the enzymes needed to digest the food. To not drink for half an hour before and after a meal!

Aw thanks for your support ladies! Feeling much better today. I just so desperately want the diet to work!

Back