Super Speed Soup

This is really tasty soup actually, a lot of my homemade efforts are quite watery... I blended the chunkier parts, but left half of it intact (mostly beans) and it was great :D Has made me quite windy and uncomfortable today though, body is clearly not used to the pulses!

kibe said:
This is really tasty soup actually, a lot of my homemade efforts are quite watery... I blended the chunkier parts, but left half of it intact (mostly beans) and it was great :D Has made me quite windy and uncomfortable today though, body is clearly not used to the pulses!

I agree, this soup is filling and fabulous but makes for quite a windy tummy!! But it's tasty and makes me feel like I'm looking after myself and the weight is coming off... All good stuff! Good luck to everyone reading this and keep strong...together, we can do it! X :)

Just polished off my first bowl of this soup, it's very yummy and very filling! I thought I'd give it a go before my first ever SW meeting tonight. I just hope the wind stays away till at least 9pm!!

So what does Superspeed Soup taste like?

Could you even put a flavor on it? So many different ingredients... I want to try it, but I reckon all those ingredients run to a fair amount of pocket money, and don't want to chance it if it's rank lol

xMandyDx said:
Could you even put a flavor on it? So many different ingredients... I want to try it, but I reckon all those ingredients run to a fair amount of pocket money, and don't want to chance it if it's rank lol

It's like a thick lentil soup.. The stock cubes you add can change the flavour. It really is lovely and lasts over several lunches so isn't 2 bad at all, money wise. X

Thanks for the reply. I bought the ingredients yesterday in my shopping. I'm going to give it a go today :) But can you tell me... what setting to use on my slow cooker, and for how long? I bought the slow cooker yesterday too lol and have never used one so I've no idea. I usually make my stews in a big pot and it takes me 3 hours or thereabouts.

I tried making the ferero roche SW style last night lol, they turned out to be really mushy. Too much water, methinks. So I don't want to make any mistakes with the soup.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the ingredients yesterday in my shopping. I'm going to give it a go today :) But can you tell me... what setting to use on my slow cooker, and for how long? I bought the slow cooker yesterday too lol and have never used one so I've no idea. I usually make my stews in a big pot and it takes me 3 hours or thereabouts.

I tried making the ferero roche SW style last night lol, they turned out to be really mushy. Too much water, methinks. So I don't want to make any mistakes with the soup.

You can't really make any mistakes with this soup, If your at work all day I'd bang it in before you go and leave it on low til you get back or if you home you could always put it on high for about 5 hours. eitherway your not going to spoil this soup by leaving it on for too long, aslong as theres enough liquid in the pot.

Hope you enjoy :)

Malibu xx

Yes, pop everything in the slow cooker, and cook on low most of the day or high for about 4 to 5 hours. I'm putting some in my slow cooker tonight, turning it on at bed time (11 ish) on low and by 6am tomorrow, it'll be ready for daughters and I to take 2 work! X

Your slow cooker must be massive! I followed the recipe and filled my big le cruset pot and a big saucepan! Good freezer stock though, i love it!

Nickee said:
Your slow cooker must be massive! I followed the recipe and filled my big le cruset pot and a big saucepan! Good freezer stock though, i love it!

Yeah, it's a big one and I fill it over 2/3s full. Really need to be good this week! Night night everyone. X

I love this soup! It doesnt give me a huge weightloss but I think its yum and filling, and lasted me a whole week of meals (freezer was full, d'oh!) Although I didn't see the dramatic losses other people comment on, it still made my insides feel healthy and I felt dead good. Once the side effects had passed.......hehe

Just completed my first speed soup day and I feel full and satisfied and cannot believe how tasty it is. I have to admit, I couldn't finish the bowl I had tonight and it's unusual for me not to finish a meal! All was not lost as OH wolfed the rest down. He's also coming to SW with me but didn't fancy trying the speed soup for a few days with me but I think he's regretting it now! Here's hoping I get that 1/2lb I need for my 1 1/2 stone award Wednesday!

Your day sounds really good! I've had a speed soup and fruit day...it's really lovely and filling.. I so want to lose 2lb for next week. Meeting some of my chaps family for first time and want to feel good about myself...x

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get your 2lb. I'd like a 2lb week too. I've been a bit static recently. Not put any on but it's been coming off very slowly. I'm having another soup day tomorrow so fingers crossed! And good luck with your meeting, I'm sure you'll look great :)

I was fed up with my weight loss last week so I had speedy soup for lunch four days this week and went from 1.5 last week to 4.5 this week but i am only on week 5 so this may of helped and I still have over 6 stone to loose.

I made this once again in the slow cooker and added curry powder to spice it up or winter! At 30 weeks pregnant I am eating it for the energy factor and healthy factor not the weight loss! I made 8 big portions! Am gonna eat portion 3 today. Think I will eat each day till it is all gone as last week I had butternut squash soup and next week gonna make something with my left over carrots and parsnips. Mmmm

All through this pregnancy I have had trouble with number 2s and the speed soup is helping me go! No windy problems but I can comfortable go the loo!!! I will let you kno how my weight is this Wednesday considering I'm 30 weeks preg lol I don't expect gains as I am classed as obese and through pregnancy only gained 5lb already!

Ohhhh a little thing I've learned. Stock holds the secret to flavour!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 4lb

Thanks maggy may :) not gollowin plan really as I can't be bothered but i'm trying to be more mindful this pregnancy as I gained 2 and half stone with my son. Lost it all and put it back just as I fell preg again! (my son will be 5 jan) so I'm hoping if I just be carefull but don't deprive myself (chocolate craving and sweets) and try to eat well and keep gain to a minimum I will feel better when baby is born and then I will be in good habbits for breastfeeding! :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 4lb

I think I might give this a go this wk.... gonna cook it in the slow cooker... anyone have any advice on how high, & how long to leave it in the slow cooker?

Thanks in advance

:thankyou:

Back