Super Speed Soup

Super Soup

Hi I made the 12 speed soup over the weekend made up 5 pints going to take a bowl each day for work, no bread just 3 small Aldi crisp breads. Has anyone else made/tried this and does it do you any good all I know is since lunch time I have had rumbling stomach and it's also got quite windy shall I say, got it for the next 4 days lunch unless I explode

Bloody brilliant and totally syn free. I am making some now, however, I'm not a bean lover so have added veg I do like, blended. All the natural flavours are beautiful. Super super free. It's great. I tend to eat it in the evenings and just eat well during the day. X

im making mine in the slow cooker , but didnt realise i could add mixed beens and lentals :(,and didnt have all the things i needed , so
mine has in it

1 red and green pepper
1 parsnip
2 carrots
1 leek
1 tin of beans
1 tin tomatoes
2 tins kidney beans
swede
1 onion
stock and herbs

do u think this will still work?

im making mine in the slow cooker , but didnt realise i could add mixed beens and lentals :(,and didnt have all the things i needed , so
mine has in it

1 red and green pepper
1 parsnip
2 carrots
1 leek
1 tin of beans
1 tin tomatoes
2 tins kidney beans
swede
1 onion
stock and herbs

do u think this will still work?

Hi Rach hunnie - I'm going to try the soup too. Think your version will be fine - think the main thing is to include super free foods so should be fine. let us know how you get on with it xxx

Just made a mahoosive batch of soup, replaced the parsnip with courgette as I'm not overly keen, oh and I added a can of chilli kidney beans along with a fair bit of chilli flakes, have to say this soup tastes lush!

I've just eaten 2 massive bowls. I LOVE it! Hope it helps my weight loss. Think the chicken stock would be o.k. (I'm vege) - think stock is free but you might want to check! xxx

Reading through this thread quite a few come looking at this as a quick fix for a bad week. Remember, slimming world isn't a diet, its a healthy eating plan for life, so having a bad weekend and stuffing in soup isn't sustainable long term!

Also - there's no magic combo in this, its simple.. low fat, low calorie fruit veg and beans with huge satiety properties keeps you fuller for longer, meaning you eat less. The huge fibre content keeps you "regular" and can help alleviate any constipation, which will help with weight loss!

Reading through this thread quite a few come looking at this as a quick fix for a bad week. Remember, slimming world isn't a diet, its a healthy eating plan for life, so having a bad weekend and stuffing in soup isn't sustainable long term!

Also - there's no magic combo in this, its simple.. low fat, low calorie fruit veg and beans with huge satiety properties keeps you fuller for longer, meaning you eat less. The huge fibre content keeps you "regular" and can help alleviate any constipation, which will help with weight loss!

And in truth its the kind of stuff you should be eating as often as possible anyway, purely to eat healthily.

It's not magic, it's just proper food.

How much does this usually make? The ingredients list sounds like a lot and I don't think I have a large enough pan. I think I might half the quantities.
Also what type of flavour is it? (sounds like a stupid question I know)

Geobar said:
How much does this usually make? The ingredients list sounds like a lot and I don't think I have a large enough pan. I think I might half the quantities.
Also what type of flavour is it? (sounds like a stupid question I know)

Depends on how much stock you put in but usually about 2-2.5L.
Too much for my small slow cooker just about.
A 3.5 L slow cooker should hold it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
Depends on how much stock you put in but usually about 2-2.5L.
Too much for my small slow cooker just about.
A 3.5 L slow cooker should hold it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thanks. I'll check what mine is

Thanks for the reply. One more question please? Most ppl seem to use a slow cooker which I don't have so how long in a regular pot? Maybe that's a silly question :-O

I've bought all ingredients but forgot the can of green lentils. Do you think I could just add an extra handful of split lentils?
Or does anyone recommend anything else?

Make it how you want and what ingredients you have, personally I don't think there's one magic ingredient so by leaving one out or substituting it won't make a difference.

Just try and consider speed and super speed items and whizz them up!

Thanks, well I've added everything except the tin of lentils but added an extra handful of split lentils so we'll just have to wait and see. It's in the slow cooker now

Back