Super Speed Soup

Right its autumn now, ive got a slow cooker, ive really got no more excuses not to get cracking with this soup this month!

My second week in a row to make this. Have to say its lovely. i like to add a little cayenne pepper and cumin to it in the bowl if i fancy a change. eating it the same everyday can be a bit mundane.

also have found that having precooked pasta in the fridge to Put in my bowl before i pour the soup over is a must for lunches.

Have weigh in tonight will see how it goes as I had a weekend of excesses last week. But the true test will be this week. When I eat it every day and see how the loss is.

i would recommend this to anyone that hasn't made it, it's very like a minestrone and it makes a lot.

Well the results are in 6lb down this week with no exercise ice cream yesterday and plenty of food. 1 bowl a day minimum. Can't fault it

Finally got my speed soup on. Couldn't find green lentils though. Also it just tastes of tomatoes. Hope its nice looks like there is going to be loads!

Mine always tastes better than ok, I love it! but I do add a lot of chilli and probably more beans than you should, I add kidney beans in chilli sauce or the taco spicy mixed beans, but I add them after blitzing, that way it stays lovely and chunky!

bigsnake said:
Well the results are in 6lb down this week with no exercise ice cream yesterday and plenty of food. 1 bowl a day minimum. Can't fault it

Hey thats fab can you give me a typical days menu as I'm struggling and need to get back on track thanks x

Hey thats fab can you give me a typical days menu as I'm struggling and need to get back on track thanks x

to be honest i eat normal things. i mainly eat the same things day to day, each week.

so breakfast can be bacon, eggs, beans, toast, fruit, mullerlight. all no syns. breakfast tends to be when i eat most.
lunch will be fruit, speed soup with pasta,
dinner can be a number of things - carbonara, chilli, bolognese, burger and chips, thai chilli and basil, roast chicken, pork chops, pork loin, steak, stir fried veg in oyster sauce etc, etc, with fruit and plenty of veg.

nothin out of the ordinary, have been keeping freddo bars lately as snacks and i love the peanut sw bars with a coffee.

if hungry at night i just have a cup of the soup. its handy to have it made in the fridge. any more questions feel free to ask but i also find good losses when i eat beans and potatos with the skin left on. its strange but any week i have a good loss, which is about every2-3, i eat this

I made the super speed soup yesterday adding chilli to taste. My saucepan was not quite big enough to cope with all the ingredients so something had to be to omitted :eek: !! As I wasn't sure about adding the baked beans I left them out mainly because I thought it had enough tomato in it. It is yummy and satisfying and just right for the autumn and winter. It is a large quantity to make but it can be frozen.

I made the super speed soup yesterday adding chilli to taste. My saucepan was not quite big enough to cope with all the ingredients so something had to be to omitted :eek: !! As I wasn't sure about adding the baked beans I left them out mainly because I thought it had enough tomato in it. It is yummy and satisfying and just right for the autumn and winter. It is a large quantity to make but it can be frozen.

let us know how u get on this week at weigh in

This might be a stupid question but this soup is only free on green and ee days right? Red days would need synning?

JulesyR said:
This might be a stupid question but this soup is only free on green and ee days right? Red days would need synning?

Yes there's beans in it so they'd need sinning I'm afraid!

Hmm thanks thought so- I rarely do anything but red so prob not for me- although if my red meals have 1/3 super free then I spose it could be an EE day......never had one of those before :D

JulesyR said:
Hmm thanks thought so- I rarely do anything but red so prob not for me- although if my red meals have 1/3 super free then I spose it could be an EE day......never had one of those before :D

How come? Do you always use both your heb?

Yes I do- although sometimes I struggle! Just not a big carbs fan I suppose, and I think a bit nervous of EE. If I do fancy carbs I do a green day- prob about once a fortnight and that's often when I am with a veggie so more out of necessity !

JulesyR said:
Yes I do- although sometimes I struggle! Just not a big carbs fan I suppose, and I think a bit nervous of EE. If I do fancy carbs I do a green day- prob about once a fortnight and that's often when I am with a veggie so more out of necessity !

I used to do green and red ages ago, personally Ee took me a long time to grasp but now I'm thankful for it, it's a healthy way to eat and I can lose weight on it, I've got an 18 month old and sharing my food is important so to be able to do that is great.

Definately going to try this speedy soup for lunches or snacks now the weather has got rubbish, so fingers crossed!! I am planning to leave out the mixed bean salad and parsnips though, so hopefully this won't make a difference! xx

I made some last week and thought it was disgusting, hated the texture of it and just wasn't that nice. Ended up binning most of it as my partner wasn't a fan either. Back to good old carrot & coriander soup for me.

Back