Superfree Rogan Josh

Ooo which naan did you get after? I'll put it on my shopping list for next time.

With this curry I put the chicken in the slow cooker last night uncooked with all the other ingredients and left it over night. The only thing I'd like to try and master is our curry has lots of juice which I put down to the onion & mushrooms but not sure what to put in to thicken up.

Any thoughts?

cocosianelle said:
Ooo which naan did you get after? I'll put it on my shopping list for next time.

With this curry I put the chicken in the slow cooker last night uncooked with all the other ingredients and left it over night. The only thing I'd like to try and master is our curry has lots of juice which I put down to the onion & mushrooms but not sure what to put in to thicken up.

Any thoughts?

I use a tspn of cornflour - 1 syn I think. Put it in a bowl with a little bit of your cooking juices, mix to a paste and then pour in. Something else I do is take the lid off the slow cooker for the last 30 mins or so, this seems to help evaporate some liquid. HTH

cocosianelle said:

Any thoughts?

It was a Tesco finest Peshwari naan.

If you cook it in the hob it is lovely and thick

We loved it!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha found it - bump for curry lovers!

Have to say we've started cooking this on the job and find it better as the juice thickens up like proper curry.

I don't cook this on the job. Stupid phone meant to say hob!

Last edited:
Just made this for my tea. Was the 1st I've made a curry from scratch, I added chicken in it and the whole family loved it!

Making this in the slow cooker tomorrow! Yum

Would you all just cook the chicken separate? I could use frozen chicken strips stirfried and add the curry sauce when I'm ready to eat I was thinking

I've just made a jalfrezi sauce in slow cooker and I had no chicken (stupid snow) and adding cooked chicken to sauce is my plan for when I have some lol I haven't actually started th plan yet due to funds or lack of but it was free lol

Would you all just cook the chicken separate? I could use frozen chicken strips stirfried and add the curry sauce when I'm ready to eat I was thinking

I put chunks of lean beef in the slow cooker with it x

I made this last night......fried it all up in frylightand then put it in the slow cooker without the stock, I then added diced chicken and did it for 5 hours n high.....was lovely and made loads. Thanks for the recipe

I'm defiantly going to give this a go - love curries & anything that can be bunged together in the slow cooker is a bonus! I have loads of chicken left from today's roast too so I can add some chicken too - thanks for posting x

Did this in the slow cooker with lamb the other night and it was gorgeous. A little bit watery but I think i'll just not add any extra liquid next time (i didn't put any stock in but did use a bit of extra water to rinse out the tomato tins). My husband loved it and there was enough left for lunch at work the next day. Will definitely be doing this one again, thanks for posting it.

I have just put this in the slow cooker for tonight :)

Back