Superfree superspeedy superspicy tomato super soup

Tinsel81

My favourite soup recipe. This is free on all plans and a good way to get your 1/3 superfree on EE. The ingredients are all speed ingredients too, so hopefully will help weight loss! On a green day, lentils (speed food), pearl barley or macaroni can be added after blending to bulk it out. Makes a good pasta sauce too.

2 x tins tomatoes (including juice)
2 large onions, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped or crushed
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 jar passata (about 500ml)
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Worcester sauce
Sprinking of chilli flakes (careful, a little bit goes a long way in terms of spiciness!)
Pinch of dried parsley (optional)
Stock cube dissolved in about 300ml boiling water
Salt and pepper

Simply tip all the ingredients into a large pan, boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes until veg is tender, then whizz it up, add seasoning to taste and serve.

If you like a fried/roasted flavour fry the onion, garlic and carrots in a little Fry Light before adding the other ingredients.

This soup sounds tasty, thanks for the recipe.

x x

Ooh, I bet that's tasty!! Does it make loads?? My problem is I get bored of a soup after 2-3 bowls so if it makes much more than that it would probably end up being wasted!

I just made this soup tonight as I was looking for a nice soup I could do on Red days, and this fits the bill perfectly. Can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! I made a batch tonight as well, to take to my group's taster session, and it was very popular with everyone.

Tinsel81 thanks for sharing - you saved me! (especially on a red day) on a Wednesday I go to a signing class and I have dinner late 9pm ish so now I can start having dinner before I go and have soup when I get back :) the class will thank you too as my tummy usually gurgles the whole 2 hours lol x

It depends how thick you like it really. I just add a bit more water after belnding if it's thcker than I want it. I quite like thin soups and they last me longer too, but some people prefer a much thicker, richer consistency.

I made half quantities of this last night (because I had half a tetra of passata left :D) and had it for lunch today.

OMG :drool:! So filling, too (I'm utterly stuffed, so it's probably just as well I need to go and walk around now!)

This soup is lush!!!! So filling and brilliant for red days, thanks so much for the recipe! This will definitely be a regular on my lunchtime menus! :)

I love soup and this is now simmering away on my hob!! Looking forward to lunchtime now xx

Back