superspeed extra easy recipes wanted please

I've kept looking at this recipe all week but been too scared to try it, until today. I've just made it and it tastes lovely! So cheap too. :D

My free day today consisted of, 2 pots of activia fat free vanilla yogurt (free) with loads of pineapple, apple mango melon oranges and grapes :) lunch was 2 slices of toast from my healthy extra allowance with 5 laughing cow lights then my tea which is my fav, super free soup which is delicious and dead easy to make, all you need is 1.5 litres water add to the water 2 vegetable stock cubes, potatoes swede carrot onions leeks parsnips baby corn celery ( basically any veg you like chopped into cubes) bring to the book and them leave to simmer for approx 2 hours.. Some people like to blend it up so it's smooth but I prefer to leave it chunky as it fills me up more .. This recipe serves about 6 so I freeze the left overs :) perfect if your peckish and don't want to use allowances or syns for snacks xxx

I need to know, is the mushy peas completely disguised? Smell, taste etc? :p

Superspeed tomato soup

2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
1 tin of carrots (drained)
1 tin baked beans
1 chicken oxo or bovril stock cube
1/2 pint water
1 pickled onion

place all ingredients in a liqudiser or food processor then blend.
Heat as required.

free on both green and extra easy days.

I've just made this but as I'm not huge on beaked beans I used cannellini instead and a jar of passata. Also didn't have any pickled onions so caramelised some onions in balsamic vinegar first. Not bad!

Superspeed tomato soup

1 tin baked beans
1/2 pint water
1 pickled onion

Heat as required.

Do you use one of those large pickled onions for this?

I've tried the mushy pea curry and the Tom soup and I highly recommend both.With sw chips and the curry sauce I actually feel like I'm having a bit of a treat as the curry sauce is similar to a chip shop style sauce.

I agree, definitely feels like a treat night when you have mushy pea curry sauce and SW chips, sometimes with quorn chicken fillets too - it's like a chippy tea!

I superspeed my regular chilli recipe by adding a tin of baked beans, a tin of mixed beans, a tin of borlotti beans and a tin of pinto beans too. It makes the usual batch much bigger so you get loads more portions out of it.

I also make a big pan of the superspeed soup every week and have made the mushy pea curry - it was quite nice actually. Would be very interested in seeing some other superspeed meal recipes if anyone has anything else?

vodpod said:
I superspeed my regular chilli recipe by adding a tin of baked beans, a tin of mixed beans, a tin of borlotti beans and a tin of pinto beans too. It makes the usual batch much bigger so you get loads more portions out of it.

I also make a big pan of the superspeed soup every week and have made the mushy pea curry - it was quite nice actually. Would be very interested in seeing some other superspeed meal recipes if anyone has anything else?

I LOVE this idea thanks

Finally faced my fear and made the mush pea curry... SO GOOD!

Superspeed tomato soup

1 tin baked beans
1/2 pint water
1 pickled onion

Heat as required.

Sounds delish

Finally faced my fear and made the mush pea curry... SO GOOD!

was it really good? i have to say i am very afraid of tinned vegetables, i need you to give me some confidence! I make my speed soup in the slow manner with real carrots as i cannot get my head around the tinned version. having said that anything with beans and a pickled onion is just wrong:D

was it really good? i have to say i am very afraid of tinned vegetables, i need you to give me some confidence! I make my speed soup in the slow manner with real carrots as i cannot get my head around the tinned version. having said that anything with beans and a pickled onion is just wrong:D
For me it had the same texture and taste as curry sauce from the chip shop. The sight of mushy peas makes me feel sick but once its blitzed and mixed in with the curry powder it looks the same as curry sauce too. I made it with and without baked beans and prefered without, the beans add a kind of fruity taste but still nice with chips, or chicken and rice :)

For me it had the same texture and taste as curry sauce from the chip shop. The sight of mushy peas makes me feel sick but once its blitzed and mixed in with the curry powder it looks the same as curry sauce too. I made it with and without baked beans and prefered without, the beans add a kind of fruity taste but still nice with chips, or chicken and rice :)
will be trying it this week may leave out the beans too tho

Mushy Pea Curry!

Sounds awful but promise its actually pretty good.

Tin of beans
Tin Of Mushy Peas
Tin of tomatoes
Curry powder (as much as you wish)

Bung together and you have curry.

Flake in fish to make more substancial and also more speedy.

Give it a bash!

Malibu x

Hiya,

Sorry I am new on here and just having a look.

Do you literally just mix these all together or blend or something, sounds right up my street! x

Back