Attack Surprised

WW yoghurts have added sugars. I avoid, and they are too high really for DD. So if you stall, skip them and sweeten a natural one.

You are doing really well. I love this diet and you are completely right, consolidation is the key.

WW yoghurts have added sugars. I avoid, and they are too high really for DD. So if you stall, skip them and sweeten a natural one.

Yeah, I know - I had a big debate with myself about them yesterday (see earlier post). I decided I was going to allow myself one a day (until I had used up those in the fridge). I will take your advice though and just throw them away if I stall. Thanks!

As I would have got my 1.5 stone sticker this week if I was still doing sw I measured myself (I was measuring myself after every half stone) today.

I am becoming increasingly unconvined by my measuring skills though. After losing 21 lbs my waist measurement hasn't budged at all...apparently. I know that the pair of sz 18 jeans that we quite tight on the waist are now quite loose though - maybe that was all about the hips.

I have added all my stats to my sig now.

Oh well, at least it is coming off somewhere. All I can do is get the next 7 lbs off and see what happens next I guess. When I was slim (137 lbs) my waist was a big size 8 and my hips and bust were a small size 12 so I am not used to it this way round!

Last edited:
Day 2 Sunday +0.4

7.45 am - oat bran galette and ww mango yogurt
12.30 pm - roast chicken breast with dijon mustard
2.15 pm - prawns
3 pm - 0% fat greek yogurt
5.15 pm - hard boiled egg
6.15 pm - fillet steak + dijon mustard
8 pm - onken fat free natural yogurt - whole 450g tub!
9.15 pm - some smoked salmon and 1 ww pineapple yogurt

Exercise - some swimming (not enough!)

Day 1 Saturday - 1.6 lbs

7.30 am - oatbran galette
9.30 am - pack of prawns
12.20 pm - roast chicken breast + Dijon mustard + ww mango yogurt*
3 pm small amount of 0% fat greek yoghurt
5 pm 0% fat greek yoghurt
6.15-6.30 pm 3 hard boiled eggs
8.30 pm Fillet Steak (gorgeous!) + Dijon mustard

Exercise 3.4 mile walk

Day 0.5 Friday -2.2 lbs

B: 2 white rolls, 4 Turkey Rashers, Brown sauce, Tomato sauce, 2 tsp chocolate spread [NOT DUKAN! I hadn't even bought the book at this point!]
L: small pack of prawns
D: Salmon steak, 0% fat greek yogurt
Snacks: Strawberry Mullerlight

Exercise: none

Exercise - I cannot do my normal brisk dog walk as I have a six year old in tow. I am taking him swimming this pm though. The dogs will still need a walk so we will go but it won't be as fast or as long!

add: irritatingly I left my goggles at home. A knock-on effect of something else irritating as they are usually kept in my swimming bag. GRRR....so hardly any good swimming done by me. Oh well.

I am in a pretty irritatble mood anyway. Not caused by Dukan though - I think by my 6 yr old getting up at 5.30 am (unusual) and then making a load of noise at 6.45 am (he knows better) and then generally being annoying for the rest of the day.

I have the day off work tomorrow AND a 6 yr old in school so I there should be no reason why I cannot fit in a long dog walk.

Last edited:
Hi,
You are doing well but do you know that WW Mango yoghurt is not allowed? It's a fruit yoghurt!
Muller Lights - toffee or vanilla flavours are fine, though.

Hi,
You are doing well but do you know that WW Mango yoghurt is not allowed? It's a fruit yoghurt!
Muller Lights - toffee or vanilla flavours are fine, though.

Sort of! I tackled this a few posts back:

* OOPS - maybe I shouldn't have had that now reading the yogurt thread. Just what I had left in the fridge really.

Just read the book again about this:

There are three sorts of 0% fat yoghurt:

1. Natural yoghurt
2. Flavoured yoghurt (e.g. coconut, vanilla, lemon)
3. Fruit Yoghurts i.e. with little bits of fruit or fruit puree base.

1 and 2 are allowed without restriction. Non fat fruit yogurts are also allowed but a max of two a day (I guess one if it is a mullerlight). However, if you want a lightening fast start to your Attack phase diet them you are better off avoiding them altogether and even more so if you are going through a period when your weight is stagnating.

I have 2 mango and 1 pineapple ww yogurts left in the fridge. I think I will try and have either 1 or 0 of these per day.

I'm going to try and not buy anymore but tbh the weight has been coming off well, so I'm not too bothered about one small fruit yogurt. Dukan says you are better off avoiding them during attack but a max of 2 are allowed per day.

Thank you though!

Felt properly tempted by carbs for the first time this am, on waking. Not too bad though. Couldn't get to sleep last night for ages due to tooth ache so quite tired this am.

Weight went up 0.4 lbs this morning. I was fully expecting a rise today though.

Day 3 Monday +0.2
8.10 am oat bran galette + ww mango yogurt*
11 am - total 0%
11.20 am - smoked salmon
3.35 pm - roast chicken
5 pm - Hartley's no added sugar raspberry jelly
6 pm - total 0% and another jelly (orange)
8 pm - lean ham with 2% fat cottage cheese (tasted so salty - really strange - never noticed that before about cottage cheese) and strawberry jelly
9 pm - chicken breast

Exercise: 3.4 mile dog walk

*this is the last of the fruit yogurts and I don't plan to buy more.

That's me done for the day. Apparently it is ok to have up to 3 sugar free jellies per day (small pots) - I will try to limit it to one though...but when needs must! Also cottage cheese ok up to 3% fat but I was so shocked by how salty it tasted to me, so I guess that isn't good either.

Anyway, over and out - hopefully I will have dropped that 0.4 lbs I 'gained' yesterday and maybe even get to see 178 something on the scale...

Last edited:
Day 4 Tuesday

8am Oatbran galette

I didn't really want to get on the scales this morning but, of course, I did. I am up another 0.2 lbs. Having been a daily-weigher for nearly 17 months I know this is super normal but I have only been doing Dunkan for 3.5 days. Umm..anyway, I don't have any more fruit yoghurts and well - what can I do? Just soldier on and get delighted by another big drop down when it comes I guess.

Feeling very blobby at the moment - clearly because I am! Looked in the mirror naked last night. Grim. Saw pictures of me at a party with all my beautiful slim friends this morning. Grim. Shocking to think I was 30 lbs heavier that this, too! It [the fat] has got to go!

Day 3 Monday +0.2

11 am - total 0%
11.20 am - smoked salmon
3.35 pm - roast chicken
8 pm - lean ham with 2% fat cottage cheese (tasted so salty - really strange - never noticed that before about cottage cheese) and strawberry jelly
9 pm - chicken breast

Exercise: 3.4 miles dog walk

Day 2 Sunday +0.4

2.15 pm - prawns

Day 1 Saturday - 1.6 lbs

9.30 am - pack of prawns

Exercise 3.4 mile walk

Day 0.5 Friday -2.2 lbs

B: 2 white rolls, 4 Turkey Rashers, Brown sauce, Tomato sauce, 2 tsp chocolate spread [NOT DUKAN! I hadn't even bought the book at this point!]

Last edited:
How many days' attack are you doing? What I don't understand in your menus (aside from the yoghurt thing which has been dealt with!!) is why you're eating every hour seemingly... you're never really filling up with a proper meal, and you might find you need to watch your dairy intake when you move to Cruise. The rule is 1K per day max, including 1/4L max of skimmed milk, but I stall at half that amount so you might find you're the same. Plus dairy doesn't fill you as animal protein might.

There can be many reasons for a slow loss (those yoghurts! time of month! transit issues! among others). Keep drinking plenty of water, and keep prepackaged ham/chicken slices etc for emergencies only.

It'll work... in the end!

How many days' attack are you doing? What I don't understand in your menus (aside from the yoghurt thing which has been dealt with!!) is why you're eating every hour seemingly... you're never really filling up with a proper meal, and you might find you need to watch your dairy intake when you move to Cruise. The rule is 1K per day max, including 1/4L max of skimmed milk, but I stall at half that amount so you might find you're the same. Plus dairy doesn't fill you as animal protein might.

Hi - thanks for stopping by and taking the time to help me out!

The Dukan website said to do attack for 6 days but I started after breakfast on my first day (didn't want to wait until the next day to start) so I was planning on doing 6 days in addition to that.

I am trying to just eat when I am hungry plus I am in and out of the house a lot so I will have a small snack before I go somewhere just to ensure that I don't get hungry whilst out, if I think that could be an issue.

Yeah, I see what you mean about last night! I would rather eat 5-6 small meals rather than 3 bigger meals though. I will try today to up the meal quantities so that they are 2-4 hrs apart with 3 being the aim.

By 1 K do you mean 1Kg (1000g)? I will try and watch that and add quantities today. Yesterday I had 2x 170 g pots of total, 100g cottage cheese and 120g of ww yogurt. So a total of 560g. Oh plus quark in galette (1.5 tbsp = 35 g) and a couple of dashes of skim milk (40g each - just measured!) so 675g . Probably the most since I started, looking at the other days. I will aim to keep that below 400g from now on.

I bought 2 pots of cottage cheese yesterday (2% fat Morrisons - the lowest fat one they had) and I now think I should just throw them both away (I did have 100g from one - measured that by the diff between the two!). I cannot get over how salty they tasted to me!

I think I shall monitor my non-water drink intake a bit more today as well. I think I have naturally cut back on the diet drinks since my first day of having 4 cans but ultimately I would like to get that down to a max of 1 a day (concerned about my teeth and all that artificial sweetener!). Maybe even swap some of the black coffee for green tea.. I won't bother measuring my water intake because I am sure that it is enough.

The other issue of course is that I had already lost 18lbs with SW prior to starting this. It is not near TOTM but I am ovulating around now I think and that seems to make a difference to me.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Day 4 Tuesday -0.6

8am Oatbran galette (35g Dairy)
3.5 hours
11.30 am Roast chicken breast wrapped in smoked salmon
4 hours
3.40 3 slices of ham
2 hours
5.30 chicken breast
6.00 170g 0% total + sugar-free jelly x3
2 hours
8.00 Smoked Salmon and Cottage cheese
8.15 450g natural yogurt + sweetener

Exercise: 3.4 mile walk
Cans of diet soda: 3
Cups of coffee (if use skim milk add 40g dairy per dash): 2
Mass of Dairy: 735g

Last edited:
On attack, there's no limit on the FAT FREE dairy, but the cottage cheese needs watching as you've seen. Once in Cruise, I don't see why you'd necessarily need to cut right back that far immediately. I do because I've seen the effect on me, but you might find you're fine. As you say, could just be cos you're coming here from another diet, and cycle issues can affect your loss.

Good luck and hang in there. I do recommend trying to find proper meals though because, in the long run, after Dukan, we hope to have healthier food habits long term :D

Ok, thanks for that! I will have that dairy if I feel I need it then...I guess it is infinitely better than having a binge!

I guess I am trying to bring in some principles from BFL (body-for-life) with the eating every 2-4 hours thing. It suits be at the moment and I guess that is the main thing.

I am back down to what I was after the second day now. I guess that is good. I clearly failed with the dairy thing and diet soda thing yesterday! I don't think I actually broke any Dukan rules though.

I think after attack my diary needs to take a different form. I need to make an effort to try new things and use spices etc. I know there are a lot of resources of that - here and the Dukan book for a start. Maybe my diary should be more about that. That is a challenge for me - probably even more so than sticking to the diet. I definitely cannot be bothered to keep updating exactly what I have eaten like I am now!

I do really hope I can shift another 1.2 lbs in the next two days and meet my Dukan attack target.

Day 5 Wednesday

8 am Oatbran Galette
2.5 hours
10.40 am 100g cottage cheese + prawns
3.5 hours
2.10 pm Chicken breast and lean ham
2.15 pm 170g 0% total + sweetener (some eaten earlier to make galette). 150g natural yogurt + sweetener (x2 !)
2 hours
4.30 pm ham
3.5 hours
8 pm Tuna Cakes

Exercise: none yet
Cups of coffee (if use skim milk add 40g dairy per dash): 2
Mass of Dairy: 660 g

Day 4 Tuesday -0.6

3.5 hours
4 hours
3.40 3 slices of ham
2 hours
5.30 chicken breast
2 hours
8.00 Smoked Salmon and 100g Cottage cheese

Cups of coffee (if use skim milk add 40g dairy per dash): 2 (1 decaff)
Mass of Dairy: 835g

Day 3 Monday +0.2

11 am - total 0%
11.20 am - smoked salmon
3.35 pm - roast chicken
9 pm - chicken breast

Day 2 Sunday +0.4

2.15 pm - prawns

Day 1 Saturday - 1.6 lbs

9.30 am - pack of prawns

Exercise 3.4 mile walk

Day 0.5 Friday -2.2 lbs

Last edited:
Hi Zeke, yes you need to be careful with your yoghurts. Some people eat the Mullers but tend to restrict them because they do contain sugar. Many of us just buy the natural stuff and flavour it. I have yet to find a flavoured smooth yoghurt that doesn't contain any sugar.

Hi Zeke, yes you need to be careful with your yoghurts. Some people eat the Mullers but tend to restrict them because they do contain sugar. Many of us just buy the natural stuff and flavour it. I have yet to find a flavoured smooth yoghurt that doesn't contain any sugar.

Hi - thanks for checking out my diary!

Do you mean the yogurts (ww fruit) I was having at the start? I was using those up (had them in already and my Dukan book said it was ok to have up to two) but now I have used them all up I am just having natural yogurt. I have just discovered artificial sweetener in them and it is a little too nice...

Or do you mean the quantity of dairy I am having (I am having less than the 1 kg but I do still think I am having too much - but it is either that or blow it quite frankly at the mo!).

Had a bit of a carb craving 10 mins ago...well a lot of one! Thankfully seems to have passed...

Hi no I was just talking about the flavoured ones! I read the comment about the WW ones! I think you can get f free flavoured smooth ones without sugar in France so I am looking forward to getting some when I go over in a couple of weeks! How sad am I? Other people bring back cases of wine and I am intending to try and bring back some yoghurt, some fat free soft cheese and some reduced fat stock cubes :)

Hi no I was just talking about the flavoured ones! I read the comment about the WW ones! I think you can get f free flavoured smooth ones without sugar in France so I am looking forward to getting some when I go over in a couple of weeks! How sad am I? Other people bring back cases of wine and I am intending to try and bring back some yoghurt, some fat free soft cheese and some reduced fat stock cubes :)

HA - 'yoghurt cruise' doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it!

I think I am happy with the natural non fat yoghurt and fromage frais for now. Well, maybe.

I am surprised I have made it this far on this tbh! I know I need to make a much bigger effort to 'keep things fresh' starting about now! I'm going to make a food diary thing for the fridge rather than continuing on here I think. I have a real issue with wasting too much time on the internet and coming back on here just adds to it (I don't mean I don't want to come on minimins - just that coming on up to 10 x a day and then getting distracted by other sites isn't good for me!)!

Well - yum! Just tried out a very simple recipe (Tuna Cakes - just drained tuna in water, an egg, 0.5 tbsp oatbran, 1 tbsp cottage cheese, pepper and dry fried) and it was very nice indeed!

One day left before I can have some veg :). I do hope I manage to meet my 5 lb goal. I have stuck to attack as best I could - don't think I have broken any rules but I know I opted for several tolerated things rather than fully going to lightening attack. I did what I needed to do to stick to it though.

Day 5 Wednesday - 1.0

8 am Oatbran Galette
2.5 hours
10.40 am 100g cottage cheese + prawns
3.5 hours
2.10 pm Chicken breast and lean ham
2.15 pm 170g 0% total + sweetener (some eaten earlier to make galette). 150g natural yogurt + sweetener (x2 !)
2 hours
4.30 pm ham
3.5 hours
8 pm Tuna Cakes
9 pm 2 x 150g natural yogurt with sweetener
9.30 pm prawns

Exercise: 20 mins walk
Cans of diet soda: 4
Cups of coffee (if use skim milk add 40g dairy per dash): 3 (1 decaff)
Mass of Dairy: 1000 g

Day 4 Tuesday -0.6

3.5 hours
4 hours
3.40 3 slices of ham
2 hours
5.30 chicken breast
2 hours
8.00 Smoked Salmon and 100g Cottage cheese

Cups of coffee (if use skim milk add 40g dairy per dash): 2 (1 decaff)
Mass of Dairy: 835g

Day 3 Monday +0.2

11 am - total 0%
11.20 am - smoked salmon
3.35 pm - roast chicken
9 pm - chicken breast

Day 2 Sunday +0.4

2.15 pm - prawns

Day 1 Saturday - 1.6 lbs

9.30 am - pack of prawns

Exercise 3.4 mile walk

Day 0.5 Friday -2.2 lbs

Last edited:
You are doing well. I think the first days/week are the hardest as you are getting used to what you can and can't have. I am not a huge meat eater so it was a push to eat so much meat in the beginning.

I make salmon with wholegrain mustard and lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar or lime juice) as a marinade/topping and grill them. It is the nice added to scrambled eggs or with a salad (soon) or even on the galette. I had to keep to reasonably regular mealtimes with my little one as we have always made a point since weaning, of having our meals together. Sometimes I needed a tablespoon of yoghurt (plain I don't add to it) to keep me going till then. Also the best (well fat free) is Tesco's value. I did use a slightly higher fat one but boy did it taste creamy! lol.

Back