Total Solution Suseka's WL Diary 2012

Suseka

Here I go....

D-Day has arrived. Got on the scales first thing and then quickly jumped off! Got back on and nope, those numbers weren't lying - I'm 15st 4lbs (ouch) and I have 6 stone to lose :eek:

I can't quite believe how heavy I've allowed myself to get, but last year was a rubbish year for me and I went into denial about my weight...and this is the end result. So its time to take control and reverse the trend.

I know it'll be tough and there may be days when I falter...but I need to stop hating the face that stares back at me when I don't manage to avoid that mirror :(

let the games begin...well, it is olympic year after all :)

Oh dear - my start isn't going as well as I hoped :( Firstly I got put off starting on Tues, because OH wanted that 'last meal' together and then yesterday turned into more of a WS day, with few carbs thrown in for good measure (doh)

It's odd really as I really need and want to lose this weight and I know I can do it, once I get into it (having done a vlcd before). So why am I sabotaging myself before I even begin - daft really.

Anyway - today is a new day and I WILL get through with a 100% TS day. Onwards and downwards all the way.

Oh poo! my start plans have well and truly sunk this week. I feel a complete failure :cry: I thought starting whilst I was on leave would be the best option, so I could get through the crappy days to ketosis and keep myself to myself, but it's been a real struggle.

I need to regroup and give myself a talking to. I want to do this and moreso, I need to do this. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, I hate the way I look and I hate the way it makes me feel..... not a good end to the week and what I hoped to be the start of the 'new and improved me'.

Hey, dont beat yourself up - we are only human. Perhaps have the weekend to re-think your goals and plans for your weight loss plan this year and start with renewed vigour on monday! I had originally planned on starting on monday (just gone) but was at home and really couldnt focus. I started on tuesday instead when I returned to work as I find being busy and out of the house is best for me. Im on day 4 now and still feeling hungry but back in control of my eating which is quite empowering!

Anyway, tomorrow is another day, dont beat yourself up, learn from your thoughts and feelings over the past few days and start again when its right for you. Good luck, keep us posted :)

Thank you and, yes, I am going to use this weekend to rethink my goals and aims for this year.

I'm off to try and buy a kettlebell today (following the inspirational "secret to shaping up" thread on the fitness forum here. I'm hoping if I focus on my fitness goals more, my weightloss goal will be less daunting.

I guess, deep down, I'm just terribly depressed and angry with me for letting my weight gain get so out of control - especially when I lost 4 stone a few years back, promising myself I would never, ever, get that big again - and here I am with 6 stone to lose.

It's really dented my confidence and my personality has changed. I used to be outgoing and fun and now I'm very insular, avoiding all and any social activities. Even my OH and DD have commented that I'm not a very 'happy' person.

Mind you- I faced months of uncertainty about my job last year, being under the threat of redundancy. I kept my job, but with staff losses those of us left just have a lot more responsibility, with little (no) thanks from the bosses. In fact they think we should be grateful we have a job. For the first time in my career I can honestly say I dread going into work most days :sigh:

I must turn this around, or I fear my depression will spiral out of control.

Finally.....day one done and dusted...phew!

Going back to work has helped keep my mind off food and keeping busy since I got in has passed the evening quickly. Now just watching a bit of telly and I am feeling much more positive and right chuffed with myself.

I know it's just one day, and there's many days and months ahead, but for me, just getting through today is a bit of a milestone.

Now.....for day two :)

Come on Suseka you know you can do this.
You have as much support and help as is humanely necessary on this forum, and I am lookin forward to following your story.
Keep it up stapo60.

Thanks stapo60, that's kind of you - and you have some pretty good stats there, you've done very well :)

I'm almost through day two and am fast loving the chocolate shakes mixed up into a hot chocolate. I'm trying to have only one product during the day, so I can have two in the evening and I find I can split the choc ones into two nice mugs of hot chocolate, one mid-morning and one in the afternoon.

I plan on having a soup in a minute, then a bar with a nice cup of tea for supper.

I'm feeling quite nauseous today though and tired - so I'll be heading off to bed earlier than normal tonight and I hope to be in ketosis soon. I just need a bit more energy to see me through the week.

The choc shake was the one I couldn't stomach at first, but after some prompting tried it hot with a spoon of Nescafe and sweeteners. Its luverly :D.

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs wk 3 -0.6lbs wk 4 -10lbs wk 5 -4lbs
wk 6 -5lbs wk 7 -3.5lbs wk 8 -2.5lbs wk 9 -6lbs wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas) wk 13 -6lbs

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Next Goal is to lose 5 stone

Okay now ending day three and I feel crappy...but I've stuck to it and I've no particular urge not to, it's just I wish I felt a bit better. I know the first few days are tough, so I'm hanging on in there until the weekend.

I still went to my weekly evening class and that helped pass the evening, so I'm sat here having my last product for the day. A bit late, but I need to get the third one in. So I'm having a huge mug of hot chocolate and then I'll tuck myself up in bed.

Tomorrow is....another day :)

Yes I aim to - at least for the first 1 - 2 weeks, then I'll probably drop to weighing once a fortnight.

I'm not hugely scales obsessive (perhaps that's my downfall, otherwise I would have avoided such a large weight gain). I tend to go by how I look and feel, and of course how my clothes fit.

I have posted an 'end weight' just to give myself a physical target - but in truth, if I get to a point I'm happy with which is heavier than my target, I'll stop there.

I've been down to 9 stone before, but couldn't sustain it - so we shall see. I was 10.7 stone for quite a while - and I think it suited me, but I would like to lean more towards a 9 stone something.

I'm halfway through day 5 and aside from a blinding headache I feel okay. I very much hope I'm coming to the end of the shitty days - so I can just focus on the goal ahead and a sense of wellbeing.

I had to give in and leave work early :sigh: as this headache has really taken grip, so much so I feel quick sick. The pain remedies I have taken are not quite touching it -and part of that is because I know I'm also a bit dehydrated (have been in meetings most of the day with little chance of liquid refreshments).

I'm now sat with a nice cup of tea and a toffee, fruit and nut bar. I've taken some stronger painkillers and am hoping that the headache will now ease a little.

i don't seem to be faring very well with the 'feel like crap' bit - but I'm determined to get through week one. I simply couldn't face another restart failure.

Suseka, come on you are almost through Day 5, almost at weigh in.
The headaches and nausea will go eventually. I am enjoying your updates, s get stuck in, LOL :D.
Some people are relying on you.
:eatdrink051:

Aww - thanks, your encouragement helps me along. My headache has eased (finally), but I've taken really strong painkillers so I feel a bit dopey (no change there then!). Anyway - I had a long, relaxing bath, which would (in another life) been accompanied by a large glass of dry white :D but instead I had a lovely mug of decaff coffee and let the world drift by.

I've just had a porridge (still trying to make my mind up whether I liked it or not) and I've saved a chocolate for a nice mocha later.

I really hope things turn a corner tomorrow and I'm in ketosis, as it'll help me keep on track through the weekend. If I can just get through the weekend with no slip ups, it'll put my mindset on the right track for the journey ahead :)

You were feeling dopey, me I was feeling happy. I wonder what the other 5 dwarves were up to. LOL.:D

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and ketosis kicks in, you will be so much happier. No headaches no nausea, and no Dry White (shame).

Go girl, Go.

Who knows - but clearly you and I weren't invited to the party -darnit.

Am feeling a bit so-so today, not good, not bad - so that's good eh!

I had a sneek peek on the scales this morning, I just needed some convincing that things were moving along -and I am convinced.

I don't want to post up my weightloss until the week is out though - so that'll be Monday. Suffice to say I'm pleased - so it'll keep me on track over the weekend.

This has - however - curtailed my social life somewhat. I'd usually pop out on a Friday evening to have a few drops of the 'dry stuff' and pass the time with friends, but I think I'll have to give it a miss tonight (too soon, and too risky).

How are you finding things? I should have asked that before now really. Do you keep a diary going?

Things are going OK for me, I will put a link to my diary below.
Its my weigh in Satdee morning, so here's hoping. This is week 4 of Exante for me, after previously trying LL. I have shed loads to lose (I was 27st 6lbs), so its gonna take me months.
In the meantime I am enjoying following you :D.

http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Good luck with the WI tomorrow, not that you need my luck looking at your successes so far - doing good.

I feel I may have turned that corner - yippee. Since this afternoon I've been feeling so much better. No headache and feeling a lot more like myself.

The little 'peek' at the scales this morning definitely did me the power of good, so much so I decided to give my usual Friday after works drinks session a miss. I know I could have gone and just had water, or soda water (or something), but thought I'd leave it for a week or two.

So - just had a nice choc orange bar, a cup of coffee and saving the last (a mugalicious cup of hot choc) for later...mmmmm

Roll on Saturday.

Glad you are feelin good pet, that "peek" payed off.
I must admit I just had my choc shake with some nescafe and a sweetener, delicious.

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs wk 3 -0.6lbs wk 4 -10lbs wk 5 -4lbs
wk 6 -5lbs wk 7 -3.5lbs wk 8 -2.5lbs wk 9 -6lbs wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas) wk 13 -6lbs

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Next Goal is to lose 5 stone
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Back