Total Solution Suseka's WL Diary 2012

Weigh-in today and I'm pleased that I've lost 10lbs in my first week and it's great I can start recording some losses.

The first week wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - albeit I did have some rough days (headaches, feeling queasy - that sort of thing). I was in ketosis on day 5 (Friday), which made the first weekend more bearable. It's great knowing that I'm into fat burning mode and I've cleared my system of all those carbs - I just need to keep it clear :D

I'm also planning to move my WI date to Friday morning now - so I'm hoping over the next 4 days I can shift around 3lbs, which will bring me close to 1 stone in just under 2 weeks.

It's my birthday on Friday as well - so I do intend to go a little 'off plan', in that I will be going out with my DD and OH and will probs have a couple of small wines and a very small protein only meal.

I always intended to be off plan on my birthday - although I know its a bit soon, but I'm doing things the Exante way so I can get control of my eating - with the fringe benefit of quick weight losses. So I'm prepared to accept the odd slow down, as long as I can stay in ketosis.

I'm also really glad I like all the Exante flavours, including the bars - which certainly gives me the freedom of choice. I'm loving the chocolate and vanilla when 'hot'. I sometimes put coffee in them, though I find the vanilla one quite palatable when hot on its own, tastes a bit like a hot oaty drink.

The Thai Chicken is my favorite soup, and although the colour of the Tomato one looks a bit odd - it's lovely with just a dash of hot pepper sauce.

Now, onto week two :)

You are doin brilliant Suseka, 10lbs is excellent.
I think the Tom & basil soup has a weird colour about it, so I wear a blindfold when I eat it.

Thanks Stapo60.

Right, now onto week two. Today I've had a choc shake, split into two (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) - I didn't mix it very well today, so it went a bit lumpy, but was still okay. This evening I've had a bar and I'm saving a vanilla shake to make up hot before I head off to bed.

Am feeling dead chilly today-so I've gone for two hot drink mixes, though I did fancy a porridge earlier. I probably have one tomorrow and a soup, otherwise I'll run out of vanilla and choc. I might have to consider buying in some extras of those soon.

Right week two/day two coming to a close and still keeping on track. I'm into the swing of things now and splitting a shake or bar during the day works for me. I'm must admit I wish my birthday was a few weeks on from now, but hey - it's only once a year, so I'll just have to keep things sensible on Friday.

I've also started to walk to work, just two days last week, then three this week, working up to four by the end of the month. It's just under 3 miles and I walk at a fairly brisk pace - mostly because its flippin freezing in the morning :D I get the bus home though, as i don't like walking up my roads in the dark,

Tonight I started the six week Kettleworx programme - which is based on three 20 minute sessions per week, made up of Cardio, Core and Resistance workouts.

Well - I thought, in for a penny, in for a pound :D

Hey chick, I had a look after seeing your post on secret to shaping up and found your diary. We've started at pretty much the same time with Kettleworx, wondered if you maybe wanted to kind of buddy up? Obviously can't do it together but we could try and support each other with it to make sure we both keep on track with it? I started with cardio on sunday and did core yesterday. Tomorrow I'll do resistance but I could always change my pattern next week to match yours maybe. We've got about the same amount to lose as well, though my BMI is higher, though so is my goal BMI. I'm never going to be tiny, I am quite big built. Anyway just a thought after what cat_lover_sue said.

Yes sure - I'm up for that :)

I chose my days because I can't do anything on a Weds as I go to evening classes, so I had to work around that. There's no need to alter your schedule though, in fact, seeing as you're ahead of me you can tell me what I'm about to let myself in for :D

Well done on your WL so far and the Kettlebell workouts will most definitely help you get to goal. Have you got a diary thread running? If so we can stay in touch that way - as well as posting on the Kettlebell thread. If you've not done so already, I suggest going back and reading through all the posts on it. It took me a few days (well evenings), but it was well worth it as I picked up lots of useful tips.

Well - good luck with resistance today and I look forward to hearing how you did.

So, it's my WI tomorrow - it'll only be four days (as I'm moving my WI from Monday to Friday), but I'm hoping for a good 3lbs. I'm also going slightly off plan tomorrow evening for my bday, so the next week or so WL figures might be a bit squiffy.

Had a crappy day at work - not improved by my spoiling a whole load of work, by throwing (albeit unintentionally) a whole cup of coffee over my desk. Grrrr.

It's not been a good day all in...just had a call from my DD who says that she was called into a meeting with her manager today, to be told that 'due to sales figures being lower than expected..blah, blah, blah' they were going to review her hours. The long and short of it is - she's going to lose close on 40% of her hours as of next month. Jeez. She's only on minimum wage as it is and she's only just taken on a flat rental which she's tied into for the next 6 months. She loves that little flat and right now she is really worried whether she'll be able to find another part time job, or another job full stop, so she can keep it.

Never rains....and all that. I could just do with a large glass of wine, but I'll have to settle with cup of coffee instead. Poo :(

Well done hun, you are doing so well! I just had a read through your diary for a bit of motivation and it worked. Keep it up! Xx

Sorry to hear you had such a crap day at work, hope it's better today! Good luck with WI and hope you have a great birthday!

Aww ta muchly :)

Well, WI this morning and I've lost another 2lbs in four days - would have liked it to be 3lb, but I'm still pleased. So that's 12lbs in 11 days (a snitch over a lb a day - woo hoo).

Have taken the day of work today - so my plan is to have a long luxurious bath, read a book and totally chillax :D My DD is popping round after work and then my OH, DD and her bf will pop out to our favorite village pub. Nice one.

Time for a diary update methinks...

Well, I went out Friday evening with OH, DD and her bf for a little birthday treat. We were planning on stopping out for a meal, but none of us really felt like it (phew!) - so all I had was one G&T and then I just kept topping my glass up with slimline tonic. I did have a small bit of chicken when I got in, just because I'm mindful about alcohol all those 'don't drink while in ketosis' warnings. So I thought I'd better have something.

Have been sticking to plan this weekend without any problems, even when my dd popped round last night for a girlie movie night in - bringing with her a whole box of chocolates and popcorn. Gosh I feel rather saintly for not even pinching one kernel of popcorn. Thankfully she's a bit more upbeat than she was the other day when she found out her hours were being chopped quite drastically and she's started looking for other work. I hoping the whole 'where there's a cloud there's a silver lining' analogy rings true for her.

I'm dreading next week myself and I've got to try and catch up on the work I spoiled with the coffee accident I had and I've got to keep up with other deadlines....I think the kettlebells will come in handy to relieve some of my stress in the evenings.

Hi, am on day 4 of Exante. Day 1 & 2 were ok but found yesterday really hard so was just looking through the diaries for motivation. Enjoyed reading your diary and it's inspiring to hear you're succeeding even when you're having tricky days. Well done so far and keep it up!

Lx

Thanks. Yes I had a bumpy start - took a couple of day before I had my head in gear so as to stick at it all day. I suffered various side effects the first five days (headaches, nausea, tiredness) but that was mainly due to the amount of nasty carbs I had in my system.

Since then I've felt great :D and seeing those numbers go down is a real incentive.

Good luck with your first WI and I'm sure you'll be really impressed.

Not sure why - but I've been really hungry today :( could have done without that as it made focussing on work quite difficult - all I could think about was food!

It's better now though, but took a while for the hunger pangs to pass - even though I drank a battleships worth of water! Which meant many frequent trips to the loo :eek:

On the plus side - I couldn't help but have a peek at my weight this morning, which would have been my proper 2nd week's WI and I would have lost 4lbs, meaning a 1 stone loss in 2 weeks. So I'm right pleased with that.

I'm not recording it as I already recorded a 4 day week 2 loss and i do want to stick to the Friday WI switch - it has spurred my on (even though I don't need anymore motivation than I have now).

What I am really aiming for is a 4lb - 5lb loss each week - and if I can achieve that I'll be more than happy.

Mmm - maybe I shouldn't have had a sneek peak on Monday, coz I would have expected a good couple of pounds from then to WI this morning.

Oh well - so it's a 3lb WL for week 3, which puts my total to 15lb. I must admit I was hoping for 4lb, but I'll take the 3.

I am pleased -but I want more :D but as long as I can achieve an average of 1 stone a month I won't moan (well, not much anyway). I don't know if my workouts with the kettlebell are affecting anything yet - but even if they are - I will stick with it as I want to tone as much as I want to lose the fat.

I hadn't planned on measuring any areas - but it might be worth a shot, because if my WL slows I will probably need the motivation of seeing inch loss to compensate.

U r doing brilliant Suseka
I am enjoying following your story. Keep it up girl, you no it makes sense.

Great loss, well done

Well the weekend went okay except that on Sunday I really felt a need to eat something. I tried to ignore the urges, drank lots of water and tried to focus on non food related things - but as soon as my OH started to cook his tea I was beaten :(

So I decided to turn Sunday into a WS day and had some chicken and lettuce. To be honest the amount I had would have been well under 400 cals, but I felt really guilty nonetheless. Daft - I know.

I'm back on track with TS today and I think having that little bit of chicken, without turning it into a major binge taught me that I can control it. I may add a WS day in now and then, rather than have a week long break (I haven't researched it properly yet, but I believe that's what Exante recommend).

Anyway. I'm hoping to drop into the 13s this week - fingers crossed.

Had a tough day at work yesterday (just a busy time of the year) and felt mentally exhausted when I got in, but I stuck to my kettleworx program. Today there's been moments when I felt quite lightheaded and again I'm feeling really tired and I hope I'm not coming down with some weird virus :eek:

Just had a nice cup of decaff and a choc orange bar (love those) - almost feels like you're having something you shouldn't (because of the choc bits). I'm going to have a hot chocolate later and had a veg soup for lunch.

My baby granddaughter was taken into hospital yesterday - she has bronchitis and was struggling to breathe. She's home now and will be okay, but it was a bit of a scare. My son and his gf live in Devon, so there was nothing I could do and I couldn't even go and see her! Being a long distance mum/nannie is really hard at times :(

Back