Total Solution Suseka's WL Diary 2012

Hi Caroline - thanks for checking in on me :) that's one of the nicest bits about Minis and I really appreciate it. I've not been on Minis much of late, mainly because I've been off plan (Exante) and kinda felt guilty about that. The slow losses have been getting me down and I decided to take a break over Easter -but I haven't stuck to my 'low-carb' intentions either and carbs have crept back in, causing a 3lb gain since last Friday. The week before I had a STS.

I've carried on with the kettlebells though and am now almost at the end of round 2 week 6. I really enjoy 'swinging' and, I've now added a 20 min HIIT treadmill workout (the days I'm not doing KBs) to my regime.

I agree with your comment that I probably shouldn't be doing a VLCD, now that I'm really upping the exercise -and I have no doubt that's what has caused the slow losses and STS (not the gains, that was indulging in Easter eggs and bread - though not at the same time :D)

I had stopped eating the bars and need to decide what to do with them....but I also have quite a few Exante sachets left, and I hate waste. So what I thought I'd do is low carb for the rest of this week and return to Exante next Monday - just so that I can kick my carb craving and detox. I will probably then stick with Exante until the end of the month and by then I'll have used most of my supplies up. After that it's low carb all the way.

Have you thought about trying to sell the Exante bars on and then doing a calorie counting/low carb diet?

Yeah...maybe I'll have a look and see if I there's a way. I'm just stressing about what's best to do right now. if I can get into low carbing properly over the next few days, that might tip the scales. I'm craving for carbs at the mo, so I need to deal with that first. If I'd have read the KB thread before starting a VLCD I think I'd have gone for the low carb option from the get go, along with the KB workouts (though Exante has given me a good kickstart). I just need to get back into control with my eating so I don't undo all my efforts so far.

Crikey - its been an age since I updated my diary thread.

It's not been the best few weeks... have struggled to get back onto Exante, despite reading lots of motivational and inspirational threads and sitting down and giving myself a right telling off. Also, I hurt my arm/elbow using my kettlebells, which means I've had to lay off them for week and just when I'd started to get back to it - I picked up the norovirus..... good grief :eek:

It started Monday around 9pm and I carried on being sick right through to around 4am the next morning. The stomach cramps are awful, and although the sicky bit eased off by the end of yesterday, I'm still struggling with the other (less pleasant) symptoms. If things don't get better by mid-day tomorrow I'll give the doc's a call, just in case this turns out to be something else (though I hope not).

The only positive bit is that I've dropped back under 13stone and because I only eaten a couple of water biscuits over the last 48 hrs, my carb addiction is now back under control, which should make returning to Exante when I feel better, that much easier.

I'm visiting my son, gf and babby granddaughter in a few weeks - so any weight I can lose between now and then will be a definite bonus. I was 2 1/2 stone heavier when they saw me last time, so another 1/2 stone would take me to the 3 stone mark and give me a bit of a boost.

Back again...

Dear Diary,

Well what can I say.... :( what a wash out (on the dietary side) it's been since my last update (some 10 weeks ago). I went completely off track, lost all my motivation and gained 16lbs, coupled with a mahoosive carb addiction. What a waste!

All my promises to myself (and others) went right out the window - BIG STYLE -and it took for the weekend just gone and a rather harsh comment made by my OH for me to realise I am, once again, loosing the weightloss battle. Bless my dear OH I did give him a rollocking for his response to my "does my bum look big in this" question. You can imagine his response was not, entirely, supportive - but it was honest "YES".

Why on earth I cannot get my (obviously rather BIG) butt into gear I just don't know. I've researched 'low carbing' endlessly and more recently looked into the Paleo way of eating - and both really interest me. But I simply cannot ditch the 'must have carbs' addiction.

I got rid off (literally) most of my Exante supplies - although I do have about a two weeks worth left (for emergencies - doh!), so my thoughts are once again turning towards using those and then buying in some S&S testers (including the meal packs) to see if I can use that to ditch the carbs and, if all goes well, use S&S to get to goal.

It's ridiculous really - because I have this stupid mindset that I cannot cope with the slow weightloss a low carb plan would give me, but yet I'm wasting week after week debating with myself about it - and had I (10 weeks back) just got on with it I would be x pounds lighter than I was then, not 16lbs heavier as I am now.

I've also stopped doing the KB workouts I so enjoyed - admittedly hampered by the elbow injury I suffered - but still, it's no excuse.

I must, MUST - turn this around. I feel miserable, useless and a BIG FAT failure :cry:

Back