Susie58- 2014 the year of my success

Hope you had a great evening last night Susie x

Good morning everyone. Had a great evening, even if we did get soaked walking to the tube station on the way home! Managed to be good at the restaurant with low carb all night. Prawns for starters, sole & mushrooms for main. Didn't have any afters which was amazing but even more amazing was the fact that I resisted the cocktails!!
I did have one slip up though & that was at the end of the night when we got home & cut the cake. Only had a small slice but none the less there was a load of carbs in it. However I will think of it as a partial success because I do have a very sweet tooth & normally I could easily go all day without food if I knew there was a chocolate bar waiting for me at the end of the day to be eaten. So the fact that I stopped at one slice shows that I was able to control my cravings because normally I would have had more slices once everyone had gone to bed but I didn't.
I have decided to move my weigh-in day to Sunday instead of Saturday in the hope that my weigh in wont be too dissappointing. Sunday is a better day for me anyway generally . Hope everyone has a good day x

Last edited:
Pleased to hear you had a good night.

My curry pack & hazelnut coffee have arrived at long last. Just had a coffee & it makes a nice change to just a plain one. Slightly sweet but a change never the less. Looking forward to tasting the curry this evening. Hope its nice because I need something else in addition to the packs I have.
Today the plan is to read a diary then do 50 steps on the stepper machine, read another diary then 50 more steps & so on. Too wet to go out today so will do this instead to reach my step target (Don't think this is cheating is it ?) Not needed a pack yet but will have one soon & then do a little housework. Not good being a person who likes everything nice & in its place but hates house work LOL.

Glad you had a good evening out, well done on your meal choices too.

Step machine is definitely not cheating!! It's still exercise so good for you ;)

I've jsut spoken to my hubby and he tells me he's walked all the dogs early so that I don't have to go back out when I get home from work, so now I need to think of some other exercise to do this evening.

Thanks Karla, having dogs does have its bonuses on the exercise front doesn't it. Luckily today my son & his girlfriend have taken the dog out so no worries there. Just feeling a bit cold today so don't want to go out unless I really need to. Do you have any kind of exercise equipment at home ?

Fantastic choices last night and you obviously had loads of control just having a little bit of cake.
I love cake and i probably would have had loads more than that! Well done! x

How was the curry Susie?

Yeah, be a Sunday weigher :) glad you had a good night and well done for not eating more. That's half our problem, saying no lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How was the curry Susie?
Not bad Chris. I needed to add some cayenne pepper & garlic powder but it was nice. It is more like a soup though isn't it. Will order some more so that there is a bit more variety seeing as I will probably on this diet for about 26 weeks.

I've not tried the curry yet, might order that next and give it a go. So far all the meals I've tried have been fine and it's nice to break up the soups & shakes every now and then.

Hope you're having a good Susie xx

Feel a bit sluggish today. I have a day to myself, not had one in ages. Alec has just gone back to Oxford for his intern-ship. OH & eldest son at work & my daughter is on placement somewhere so the house is very quiet for a change. This evening it will be like a madhouse again because my sprogs partners seem to spend most of their evenings here too. Cant moan though cos at some point they will all be flying the nest so need to enjoy while they are here. Must say though that now my youngest is 21 I feel a bit old LOL !!. Alec has taken what was left of his Birthday cake with him so that temptation has now gone thank goodness.

So not sure what to do today. Not feeling hungry yet so will stick with water & coffee till this afternoon. Think I might pop out to the local shopping centre just to do some window shopping & look at some clothes that I hope to be able to fit in once summer comes. Have a good day everyone x

Bit more energised now. Another strawberry shake down, keep finding more of the things in the box under the stairs:yuk: Cant wait for them to all be gone.
Off out now to do that window shopping before my car gets caught up in the traffic when the kids come out of the school around the corner.

Susie, you did amazingly well! Honestly, that slice of cake won't matter seeing as you stuck with low carb and carried straight on with Exante. That's a big hurdle successfully taken and it'll give you confidence for future social events I'm sure.

Not bad Chris. I needed to add some cayenne pepper & garlic powder but it was nice. It is more like a soup though isn't it. Will order some more so that there is a bit more variety seeing as I will probably on this diet for about 26 weeks.

I found that first time I made it up.

I now make it up a little short. And add a few mushrooms.

Susie, you did amazingly well! Honestly, that slice of cake won't matter seeing as you stuck with low carb and carried straight on with Exante. That's a big hurdle successfully taken and it'll give you confidence for future social events I'm sure.

Thanks Bee. You're right it has made me more confidant about going out & at least now I know I am able to find enough self control so that I don't blow it altogether. Cant get complacent though so will pick & choose carefully when I go out & not do it too often.

You're doing so well. I never know what to do with myself on the rare occasion I'm partner and children free lol.

I think self control is the most important thing with food so well done for what you've achieved. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow, amazing restraint with the cake! That's 99% of my problem, one nibble = whole cake. You did amazingly well!

Really glad you are still flying through well done x

Back