Susie's 2022 campaign

Good on you Suzie for starting straight away. Onwards and downwards, it'll be gone in no time 💜

Yep Susie, good on you and go for it. Do you really think the green tea is helping much? Fibre and water should pretty much clear all that bread and pasta away. I've found bread just slows my digestive system.down completely.

Yep Susie, good on you and go for it. Do you really think the green tea is helping much? Fibre and water should pretty much clear all that bread and pasta away. I've found bread just slows my digestive system.down completely.

Green tea is supposed to help with weight loss, not sure how, but I like drinking it and it keeps my water intake up. And agree completely on the bread front - I did have bread yesterday, and pork pies and a pie (what was I thinking!) and potatoes - so am wondering if it's also potatoes contributing. I've had horrible gas and the runs all night, it was like ChipGate all over again haha, my body's own form of aversion therapy - but weirdly the scales are now showing just a 2lb gain, not 10.

So I'll stick to strict plan this weekend and decide about class on Monday.

Morning

As is usual with me, I started off well yesterday, then my resolve eroded away by the evening, the Snack Monster appeared and made me eat a load of syns' worth of HiFis :classic_oops::classic_eek:. I don't think I'll buy any more once the 10 or so I've got left are all gone!

B - eggs, bacon and SW burger
L - eggy bake with broccoli, spinach, mushrooms and toms
D - pork and spinach, apple, grapefruit, quark and passionfruit
No HiFis (maybe)

Sx

Oh lordie I wish it would rain! The humidity is awful at the moment, and making it so hard to sleep = you all finding the same?

So I've had to compensate by doing a little online shopping haha. My old non stick one is starting to scratch, and there are so many health warnings about the nasty chems in non stick pans - the things to watch for are polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is Teflon, and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA). So got a nice stone frying pan and a lovely cast iron shallow casserole dish. Then I got a couple of cheapo cookbooks on making more use of green veg :).

Stepping away from Amazon now!

I'm also keen to get a dining table so that I can sit down and focus more on my meals as i eat them, and not eat in front of the laptop! So I'm watching a nice table on eBay, but I need to get rid of a sofa first before there's room for it - put it on both Streetbank and Freecycle, and no takers...

I'm also keen to get a dining table so that I can sit down and focus more on my meals as i eat them, and not eat in front of the laptop! So I'm watching a nice table on eBay, but I need to get rid of a sofa first before there's room for it - put it on both Streetbank and Freecycle, and no takers...

Yaye, got it - and a gorgeous dresser - now just need to get rid of the sofa!

I was so hot last night that I haven't slept at all.

Oh crikey me neither, even with the fan on high speed all night. But am doing good on the food front -

B - broccoli/courgetti/spinachi lol eggy bake / spinach/banana/yog/green tea powder smoothie
L - pork and spinach, plus salad
D - curried turkey and broccoli

Not going to group tonight - too tired!

Boiling up here too at nights,keep windows wide open and hear seagulls screeching around 5:30 or close them & melt🤔 The fan nearly sucks my eyes out so have to turn it off.
I love it when you "win" the things on eBay, what's your dresser like? My friend had no takers for 2 lovely sofas and ended up getting a charity shop collect them.
Food's looking good..pleased you mentioned courgetti, I'd forgotten about it & will make some instead of pasta😺 X

I can't leave my windows open in case the cats get out, I like them to stay indoors at night because of all the nasty urban foxes. Slept a bit better last night - but this is going to continue until the end of September, someone said this morning! I think a portable aircon unit might be called for!

@Tibbs here's the dresser - it's so cute! (scroll down for pics)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shabby-Chic-Welsh-Dresser-Annie-Sloan-Duck-Egg-/253754458167?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=GzAJFmdBv9CKNwWBVsXyfl7E1lA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Re the sofa, I tried a couple of charities but they didn't want it because the cats had scratched the arms - so instead the council is coming to pick it up on Friday for a tenner. The table and dresser are coming Thursday so I can get one of the Anyvan guys to help me carry it out - result :).

Food is good too - ooooh I made a lush SW sweet treat last night - one pot of caramel choc Muller Light yog with one 11 serve of Options choc, mixed and put in a silicone chocolate tray, and frozen for a couple of hours - YUM! A few were a bit icy but the rest were like a delish choc mousse- and only 2 syns for 12 yaye! Think that might be my go to sweet instead of Hifis - even if I ate two whole trays that's still only 4 syns, and it's cheaper too. So am going to experiment - white chocolate and raspberry yog with coconut flavouring sounds good don't you think? :classic_roll_eyes:

B - broccoli/courgetti/spinachi eggy bake, toastie (whoops), coffee
L - turkey steaks, portobello mushrooms, spinach, 2 apples, a little eggy bake if i want it
D - turkey curry, peas, peppers and cauli rice
So that's the 7s done :).

Have a good one, my sunburnt sistas :D

Last edited:
Is it ok if I drop in and say hello?

I'm an OLD Minis member, but I left when it all went strange, and by the time it was back up again, I was ensconced in what is known known as t'other place.
But there seem to be fewer and fewer people there.
And if I'm going to get back on this bandwagon properly - and at least for the moment without going to Group - I need to get to "know" some people for support. Mutual of course.

So, do you mind if I lurk here for a bit? Just to put a toe in the water of coming back?

You're welcome to pop across and visit me too, of course!

(Oh yeah, I need to update my sig and stats, to give you at least a clue, don't I?)

Nice to meet you, anyway.
Sarah

Hi Sarah and welcome to my crazy world :) - lurk away. there's not so much less people here, as different people - but they are all lovely.

I've just eaten a huge punnet of raspberries - OMG they were lush!

Hi Sarah and welcome to my crazy world :) - lurk away. there's not so much less people here, as different people - but they are all lovely.

Yes, there seem to be plenty of people here.
Not the same ones as when I started - obviously! - but I'm sure I could make new friends.

The other site, where people went when this collapsed; well, there are still people there, but they're mostly the really old hands, and it's same old same old.
And while I know I'm an old hand in a way, I need a restart. So I need to be around some people with some enthusiasm, and where I can see that people really do lose!

Well we all seem to be doing OK Sarah, so hope you stay and start up a diary too :).

A good day today foodwise, and am about to scoff down my SW frozen chocs for the evening - plus also worked out i can have four Ryvita rye cakes with a tsp of sweet freedom choc shot on each for 6 syns, the same as 2 Hifis. Result!

All happening on the job front, applied for a press job at The Trussell Trust - I've worked with them, a nice bunch of people, and I know all their programmes and projects pretty well, so should get an interview. In the meantime I've got a phone interview for a comms role over in Kingston - over an hour to drive but it's 3 days a week for the same money I'm getting now, so will see how we get on :).

You certainly do seem to be doing ok!
And I do already have a diary on here - I'm revitalising my old one, as it's already my home.
Link in my sig: feel free to visit.

Good luck with the job stuff. It al sounds very positive.

Hey ladyfelsham, good luck with the interview - I work 3-4 days per week and it's lush, so much free time! Well done on pulling it back after seeing the scales up a bit, water weight will all be gone in no time. I can't resist a pork pie either :classic_roll_eyes:

Hey ladyfelsham, good luck with the interview - I work 3-4 days per week and it's lush, so much free time! Well done on pulling it back after seeing the scales up a bit, water weight will all be gone in no time. I can't resist a pork pie either :classic_roll_eyes:

Thanks Clareel - it's a long drive from mine to Kingston, from one side of London to the other groan, but if it's only 3 days a week, ideally Tuesday to Thursday, then I think it's doable.

Morning Team Fab! Hands up who got any meaningful sleep last night??? i always go for carbs when I'm this tired, but resisted the rolls and sarnies in the work fridge this morning woohoo!

B - veggie eggy bake, spinach/banana/yog/green tea smoothie
L - turkey and spinach with chilli puree sauce, apple
D - probably more turkey (I got a huge leg from work, with stuffing which I took out :)) - still haven't made the turkey curry so maybe that
S - Ryvita rye with Sweet Freedom x 4 (6); h/m chocolate yog ice cream (2)

Keep cool!

Had mixed sleep.last night and got up.groggy at 7:30am.instead of wide awake at 6am. Yep, carbs killing from last night,I.NEED to.eat some green food but too tired to think or plan food let alone cook.

Fingers crossed for the job ( again)

It will be worth it honestly, I live in Richmond and work in SE London, I don't drive and it is long. But literally do not care about that when I am on my first of 4 days off, it's like a holiday. Sorry to hear you (and tipp) are not getting any sleep. I manged okay last night as was shattered after work but dreading tomorrow when I'm starting nights and going to have to sleep in the day :classic_eek:

Back