Susie's 2022 campaign

The table's here - at last! The driver's van broke down and then got impounded - not his week! So he felt guilted into putting the legs on for me and I love it! Also love the fact that the chairs (which I already had) aren't a million miles away in colour from the dresser. Happy days :).

Just had my first meal on it - pork, cabbage and wholegrain/yog dressing - very yummy) and I cut off the fat sacre bleu!).

table.jpg

Last edited:
Ooo Suzie they are lovely, I'd have chosen those.. is that Stella in the photo checking out the new table? 😺
Any plans for the day or just chilling? X

is that Stella in the photo checking out the new table? 😺 Any plans for the day or just chilling? X

Yep that's Stella doing the sniff test :). Nothing planned for today, I did a fair bit of housework yesterday so that means a day of rest today - not that I actually worked very hard :D.

Raining, which is bliss, I've left the French doors open to get some clean air through the place. Orbit's not happy, she wants to be out but hates getting wet more than she hates staying in lol - so she's having a royal tantrum, Stella is on one of the chairs, and Orbit is on the table corner, trying to hiss her out of existence.

Brunch - sossies, bacon, spinach and eggs, coffee mmmm
D - chicken salad - sugar snaps, lettuce, celery, tomatoes
Snack - 2 apples - so that's my 7 Speed - plus maybe ryvita ryes with Sweet Freedom

MUST keep away from the cookies! Scales are showing no movement, although I've shifted the birthday gain, so i guess that's something. Must get some green tea down me :classic_roll_eyes::classic_big_grin:.

Poor Orbit, I wonder if she secretly doesn't mind having Stella around😺
I read an interesting article about the amount of fluid you need to keep hydrated and things moving along😳..It said half your body weight in lbs converted to ounces is the amount your body requires. Don't know how true it is but I'm going to give it a try this week to see if it'll shift my beach ball belly😸X

Sis - as I posted on your thread, I'd be careful of drinking too much water because you flush out important vits and mins - just stick to 8-10 glasses a day, that's the recommended normal intake. I've reduced my water intake to 3 litres, that's about 10 glasses - and I don't do that every day, and i take lots of supplements.

Thanks Sis, I've enough problems without flushing myself away too😸 8-10 glasses it is X

Well I just had the most lush dinner - 2 pork loins (fat cut off - again, go me!) with steamed cabbage, apple pieces (didn't cook them per se so not going to syn them) and smothered in my fav quark and wholegrain mustard dressing - so nice! Followed up with a strawberry mini milk lolly, 1.5 syns, also yummy.

Was about to say I was doing well on the syn front today, conveniently forgetting four cookies I had earlier :classic_oops:. Still under my allowance for the day though :classic_smile:.

Love the dresser and the table, everything goes together really well. Glad everything finally arrived! Pork with cabbage, apple and mustard sauce sounds absolutely lush!

Thanks Clareel - well I've had a bit of a 'reaction' to the pork! About two hours after I ate last night, got the most awful pain behind my breastplate, and nothing helped it - water, antacids, peppermint tea, the works. Went to work but had to leave and go to the GP, where (after a three hour wait), the doctor told me my oesophagus was blocked - probably a combo of not chewing the thick pork properly, then following up with about 10 herbal supplements, and it all got lodged. The cure - constant sips of chilled water, then the doc massaged up and down along the oesophagus, and the pain eased! Enough so I could come home and have two hours' blissful sleep! What a drama, especially as i'd cancelled l the housesitter for my three days away at the beach this week. Just waiting to hear back from her now about whether they can still do it.

Unsurprisingly I've had no food today and will do small amounts of soft food tomorrow! Not up to going to class tonight, feel too bloated and horrible.

Last edited:
Oh gosh that is so scary! Thank goodness it was just that and nothing more serious even though it must have felt like it at the time. Not surprised you didn't fancy class tonight, hope you are feeling better soon!

Oh no, how horrible. I've never heard of that happening before. I've often felt like food has got stuck ...but never that serious.

Oh my stars Suzie..you must have been scared stiff🙀 It sounds terrifying!! Glad you're sorted Sis💜 Are you still feeling iffy?
I must have missed the bit about you going away to the beach for a few days..where are you heading? X

How ate you feeling this morning Susie...is the beach trip back on.
...can I come too....I so miss the beach.

Hope you're feeling a bit better? And on route to the beach!

Morning all

Oh my stars Suzie..you must have been scared stiff🙀 It sounds terrifying!! Glad you're sorted Sis💜 Are you still feeling iffy?

I was, rather, there's nothing like pain in the wee small hours to make you think the worst! I'm SO much better today but aching in various part of me from vigorous upchucking, the runs and the doctor pummelling me :) - sorry if TMI!

I must have missed the bit about you going away to the beach for a few days..where are you heading? X

Off tomorrow, to Deal, on the south coast.

How ate you feeling this morning Susie...is the beach trip back on.
...can I come too....I so miss the beach.

Yes you can come too :).

Not sure how food will go, but my mates are healthy eaters, and one is veggie, so am sure we'll do OK.

Back