Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh I used to live in Richmond! Quite a few years ago now, first on Richmond Hill, just down from Jerry :) and then moved to St Margaret's.

My boss has just bought a portable aircon, so I'm getting one too, can't bear it any more and apparently it comes with a thing to seal the window so you don't have to cut the glass.

Don’t hurl anything at me but... we have air con in our bedroom. Had it installed about 5 years ago. Literally the best money we have ever spent!!!! 😍❄️😴

I'm going to have to look into that.
I can't have my bedroom window open, because I'm right on a main road, and it's too loud to sleep through.
I have every window at the back of the house open, but on these nights it just doesn't make enough difference.

*runs off to google air con*

Well I've googled and googled and rung and rung and there's not an aircon unit 9that doesn't cost squillions) to be had in the land :(. So I've settled for another pedestal fan...

Got another job interview :).

Ours cost about £1200 including the installation (which was quite a big deal because they had to drill a big hole in the wall for the vent/pipe thing...). So it was a big investment, but we also have probs with not being able to have the window open - ours is due to boyfriend’s hayfever

Not sure on the interview date yet, waiting to hear :).

Today's wrap up - not too bad on syns, it really does pay not to have HiFis in the house!

Dinner ended up being bacon and stir fry veg, sounds odd but it was delish - got a huge bag of caterer's bacon from work, it's a bit fatty but I'll add on 6 syns for the oil. Add to that two milk lollies (2 each, I think) and an Options stirred into yogurt (2), which makes 12 - so, well over the 7, but well under my allowance of 25.

Hope you all get some sleep tonight x

Good luck with the interview. I am not sleeping to bad at the moment. Up north the nights have bren a bit cooler. That's due to change again though :(

Thanks team

Decided not to do the phone interview today, it's just too far to drive every day, and there seems to be lots of other stuff out there, so all good :).

WFH today so food will be a mish mash of whatever's in the fridge.

B - eggy bake
L - turkey and spinach with chilli tom puree
D - sossies and cabbage

Have a good one!

Ah I love living here, I used to live on Richmond hill also but closer to Sheen now. Sounds good that there are lots of jobs available, it's nice when you can be a bit more selective. It's a shame about the aircon, I'm not surprised there's none available though - hopefully the extra fan will help. Bacon and veg stir fry sounds delish!

I think I was panicking a bit, feeling like I had to interview for every job put forward - but I don't need to, I'm contracted until the end of September, and for probably the first time ever, I do have £ in the bank from the Italian house sale - so all will be well :).

But bl**dy h*ll it's hot - 34 here at the moment!! That new fan can't come soon enough - although I did get a decent night's sleep last night.

My eBay dresser has arrived and it's gorgeous, I'm very happy with it - now just waiting for a farmhouse table to arrive. Will take a pic once they are both in place.

Great that you can wait for the right job to come along. Nothing worse than a bad commute.

Look forward to pictures. I love design/furnishing :)

The driver bringing my table broke down - the heat, I guess, so it's coming on Saturday instead - so will do pics then.

Been a good day foodwise, change of plan for dinner - I made chilli beef, which was lovely. Also just enjoyed 4 Ryvita ryes, 2 with cheese and 2 with Sweet Freedom - but because you can have 6 rye cakes for your HEB, and the cheese was my HEA, I've only used 1 syn today woohoo :).

So am going to have a milk lolly for 2 syns yum!

Morning....

Groan, hardly any sleep and the Carb Monster is making its presence felt!

B - toastie - oh dear. With avocado and Brie oh dear oh dear...so that's my HEA/HEB and loads of syns in one foul swoop!
L - fennel, orange and feta salad with pineapple cottage cheese and lettuce
D - chilli beef and cabbage

hope you're all keeping cool.

Cool? What's that? I do have a dim memory...

Actually, the aircon in the office isn't too bad. You don't notice that it's great while you're in here, but when you step outside and get hit by that wall of heat, you discover that it really was doing its job! Just not quite well enough.

I'm feeling angelic :innocent002: cos I haven't had any carbs yet today. Saving up for a fish finger sandwich tonight. Yum!

Well done on the no carb front Sarah! Fish finger sarnie - yum is right! :)

Well I followed my menu plan exactly, so did my 7 speeds foods and 7 waters, but syns with the toastie - and two lots of cheese - will be loads. But I've just remembered they were low yesterday so hopefully that's even things out.

But uh oh two humungous bags of cookies are sitting in my pantry...my favourite ones, a lemon flavoured one, and ginger snaps. I'll just have to try not inhale loads at a time (yeah right).

Morning all

I wasn't too bad on the cookie front last night, although some sampling did take place :classic_roll_eyes:. My new fan also arrived yesterday and it's fab - quite loud but more powerful than the other one, and I slept OK - to awake to blue skies, cooler temperatures and a lovely breeze - bliss!

Groceries being delivered, a couple of loads of laundry, and hopefully my table will come - that's my exciting agenda today :).

B - bacon and eggs
L - chicken salad
D - bacon stirfry
HEA - cheese / HEB - rye cakes

Hi Suzie, your link for the dresser didn't work so waiting on your pics. I was so "ooo I want one of those air con units" until I read the cost of getting one..sound good though. Your little frozen treats sound nice and so much more for your syns. Think I'll get Martha into making some of those X

Back