Susie's 2022 campaign

hi susie
wow thats great 5lbs and great news with the flat thing are looking up xxxx

Morning all

Ate for England over the weekend, so it's nose down and trough bag off this week! Even giving up my beloved latte, so I can have three low cal days before WI.

B - low fat quiche, tea
L - Glowing green smoothie, raspberry protein drink, banana
D - fish with spinach, apple

Have a good day :)

lol susie you had a great weight loss you have lost every week so why not have a treat it was easter good luck this week with weigh-in hope your having a good day xx

lol lol oh susie bless you it was easter though lol lol hope you keeping ok im hoping them scales are going down the friday not the other way lololol

Morning all :)

Feel very bright and breezy here, despite the weather! SWI shows the scales going in the right direction, so hopefully by Friday WI I'll have lost the 6lbs I gained over Easter :eek:

B - mini quiche, apple, protein smoothie, tea
L - glowing green smoothie, leek and potato soup, crackerbread
D - home made veg lasagne - think I've cracked the recipe to make it low cal but still tasty - about 180 cals for a big serving :)
S - yogurt

Hi Susie, Chips with Everything here

Morning all :)

Feel very bright and breezy here, despite the weather! SWI shows the scales going in the right direction, so hopefully by Friday WI I'll have lost the 6lbs I gained over Easter :eek:

B - mini quiche, apple, protein smoothie, tea
L - glowing green smoothie, leek and potato soup, crackerbread
D - home made veg lasagne - think I've cracked the recipe to make it low cal but still tasty - about 180 cals for a big serving :)
S - yogurt

Just want to say Hello. I am back after 4 years away, No not in Prison, just floundering around not losing weight. It must happen this time. Already inspired by your recipe ideas. I will tag along if I may. Well done for what you have achieved on your journey so far. I started yesterday. 1 day down 730 to go ! xx :D

Hi Chips

Lovely to meet you :D And do please tag along! We're about the same size so it will be great to have another 'buddy' here :)

I do think it might be time to buy some new jewellery, I love over-sized rings (which makes them quite heavy) and because I've lost weight on my fingers, the one I'm wearing today just went kerplunk into someone's tea! :D

Note to self - stop waving your hands about, if it happens again I could take someone's eye out :D

LOL :p I find when I am trying to eat healthly I get creative in the kitchen. I only went for a glass of Pelligrinio ? lovely Italian sparkling water and started to open cupboards ....... One of my weaknessess (of the many!) is savory nibbles and particularly Bombay Mix from a local deli. Just put one teaspoon of oil in large pan, got it hot, added couple of tablespoons of green lentils (from can but drained in sieve and dabbed with kitchen towel, crumbled a dried chilli, pinch of peas out of freezer, few pumpkin seeds and 1 broken up noodle, softened in boiling water then dried off + tiniest sprinkle of Schwartz Bombay mix and bit of salt. Kept them moving in what turned into a hot dry pan for a few minutes. Absolutely lovely, next will be even better with a few chick peas maybe.

Just about to do on-line shopping order as cupboards are pretty bare of the right stuff and I have given away the naughty stuff from the weekend. Offloaded half a cream victoria sponge and half an apple pie yesterday. Need loads of veggies for soup, which luckily I love.

Re your shrinking fingers, why not set yourself a target of say 35lb off and treat yourself to something nice ? Be good x

I like your thinking - am always up for a reward system :D

I also love love love savoury nibbles, especially in the evening, that's my grazing danger time! Will give your Bombay Mix a go this weekend.

I'm trying to cook most things from scratch, and I just love looking at the ingredients in a new recipe and saying "Got that, yep got that too" :) I love cooking with oil (was doing Atkins for a while so the cupboard is full of the stuff) so have bought a couple of the oil spray pump dispensers and it means I get a bit of oil for virtually no cals (you'd have to squirt away, so to speak, for a while to even a teaspoon's worth - bargain).

This, from a woman who up until two years ago, only stepped into her kitchen to use the microwave :)

oh susie good on you i think food from scratch is lovely and tastes so fine yum yum i have just bought the hairy bikers cookbook so see wot i can make from there people keep saying its really good

Oooh let me know what the recipes are like :)

Home into the warm now, and just had my veggie lasagne - yummy! :)

Here's the recipe, in case any one wants it

5 courgettes, topped, tailed and sliced lengthways
1 can chopped tomatoes
300g low fat cottage cheese
Herbs
1/2 ball reduced fat mozzarella
Squish tomato puree
2 tsp grated parmesan
You can also add garlic, mushrooms, aubergine, chilli, etc

Spray low fat/other oil in the bottom of an oven dish
Put the courgettes in a layer covering the bottom as much as you can
Mix the tomatoes, herbs and cottage cheese together and put half the mixture on top of the courgettes, and dot with small pieces of mozzarella
Add another layer of courgettes, then another layer of mixture, then the remaining mozzarella
Courgettes on top, then sprinkle with the parmesan
And in the oven it goes at 200 for about 40 minutes.

It has a bit of juice about it, but that pretty much soaks up if you leave it overnight :) Makes four servings, about 180 cals per serving.

oh im going to have to try that one sounds really lovely thankyou susie i will let you know when it comes wot the recipes are like x

Morning all

I envy those of you still at home with the heating on - because it's blooming freezing here at my work! I'm in a G 1 listed building which doesn't cope well with temperature extremes, so am sitting here typing with my coat and scarf on :eek:

Scales show I've nearly lost my Easter gain yaye - won't mean an actual loss from last week but if I'm lucky it'll be an STS. I love this woe! :)

B - Veggie lasagne :)
L - Scrumpy chicken soup and crackers
D - Veg stir fry
S - Yogurt, apple, herbal tea, possibly a protein shake

Scrumpy chicken soup ... ? If the recipe for that is a few bits of shredded chicken floating in a pint of strong cider. Put my name on it ! Add a bit of parsley and it's positively health food! Remember drinking Scrumpy at Glastonbury Festival years ago and losing the use of my legs for several hours :rolleyes:

LOL there is a bit of cider in it - this, from the Covent Garden website -

"Here’s our unique blend of savoury spuds, chicken, mushrooms, mature Cheddar with tangy Bramley apples, a dollop of wholegrain mustard and a glug of cider. We defy you not to come over all ‘oooh, argh and gurt lush!’ after just one spoonful."

Thank goodness for that. I thought you really meant Scrummy and it was a typo :D

Morning all

WI this morning and I've gained 2lbs overall - but I'd put on 6lbs over Easter :eek: and managed to lose 4lbs of it since Tuesday - so am happy with that.

B - dry fried egg on toast
L - veggie lasagne
D - home made corn chowder
S - apple, glowing green smoothie

Have a good day all!

Hi Susie, Chips here, after a bit of advice. If you search on my name you will see I have posted a few bits yesterday & today, as replies and new threads. I am struggling to find my way around the site a bit as no obvious help or am I being dim :confused: When I post, either as a new thread or reply it does not show on New Posts which is obviously the lively active place. Lots of other plans show in RH column but no WeMITTs. Even when I posted in WW it didn't show. I am starting to take it personally :cool: What am I doing wrong. Is it better to start and keep a long thread like yours, or start lots of little ones when you have something new to say. People don't seem to be finding my posts ? Thanks Chum xx

It's easy to get confused with all the threads, hun, you are so not alone :)

I just post in my own diary, tbh, and other peoples' diaries too - even when it's something I want to ask a specific question about.

Other parts of the forum are split into say, Atkins - general, and then there are are links to diaries and stickies from there - and people post general questions in that section iyswim. But as far as I can see, WeMITTS doesn't have that, it's just a diary section (I think).

I don't know why your other posts aren't showing up as the most recent, I'm afraid - what about emailing Pierce, the lovely administrator? :)

Back