Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Susie, Chezz et al :) I am a bit confused re diary thing, so am just continuing to post mainly here and on Tuesday weigh-in thread.

Lost 2 lbs this morning which is a bit disappointing after 11½ first week, and I know I haven't put a Foot or should that be Mouth wrong :eek: Hey Ho. Still not out of the woods health wise. After paramedics last Thurs wanted to cart me off, still putting off going to hospital, which I know I need to, because of little Daisy my rescue dog. Trying to make arrangements before I present myself at A & E as I am sure they will keep me in. I think it is pleurisy. Had it before years ago, so bloody painful when I breath or move, and the last thing I needed was blerdy hiccups which I got this morning. Ouch :( Ironic, after 2 weeks of the healthiest living for many years.

Bugga, just realised Susie I am on your thread not mine. What am I like. I can only blame the drugs :cool: Off to paste this on my own "Chips with Everything is BACK" thread. I will not hi-jack your thread again, honest indian xxx

Just reporting back on a LUSH low cal dinner - I made a beef and mushroom slow cooker casserole (with kidney beans, leeks, stock and mushroom ketchup - love that stuff) and nicked the idea of broccoli and cauli mash (many apologies, can't remember who it was) made with lightest Philly YUM!

I made a beef and mushroom slow cooker casserole

That's it. I am going to stop reading your posts. OK, you posted your recipe 13 hours ago at about 8ish last night. I am reading it at 8ish this morning and I WANT IT FOR BREAKFAST :argh: Circling round my porridge which looks a little bit boring this morning :cool: xxx Chips

LOL get yourself a slow cooker girl! Honestly they are so easy peasy to use - I don't even worry about browning the meat first, I just bung it all in! :D it's also great for using any leftover, about to go, veg - just throw the lot in, add some stock and forget about it for a few hours :)

And the mash was SO simple - half a bag of frozen broccoli and cauli florets in a microwave dish and zapped until soft, then mashed up with my hand blender (aka The Thunderstick) and stirred in a spoonful of Philly. I then zapped it again, put a couple of spoonfuls in a bowl, then ladled some casserole over it.

Yummy menu today -

B - bran flakes, raspberry yogurt and berries (so nice, just finished)
L - tuna, Philly and tomato wrap, plus some courgette soup
D - same as last night

Have a good day, all :)

I have a slow cooker. It is huge, so only tend to use it for big cook and freeze jobbies. Oh and mulled wine at Christmas :rolleyes: Might buy a small one. Have a good hand blender for my Loop the Loops (Soups !) And at no extra charge ....... A Daily Tip from Chips :Na_Na_Na_Na: using fresh cauliflower, break into tiny florets and cook until still quite firm and grainy. Use instead of rice as base for low fat/calorie curries or chilli etc. Have a good day, Chips xxxx ps Out of my head on painkillers but waiting to see if I can get to Monday when someone can take Daisy the Dog if I still have pain :(.

On a cheerier note .... I want to start a thread, "Share your Weight Related Embarrassing Moments" I have a cracker to kick off with ..... Would you post it on General Weight Loss Discussion forum Page? Some don't seem to get looked at much or responded to. Any tips ? xx

A Daily Tip from Chips :Na_Na_Na_Na: using fresh cauliflower, break into tiny florets and cook until still quite firm and grainy. Use instead of rice as base for low fat/calorie curries or chilli etc. Have a good day, Chips xxxx ps Out of my head on painkillers but waiting to see if I can get to Monday when someone can take Daisy the Dog if I still have pain :(.

On a cheerier note .... I want to start a thread, "Share your Weight Related Embarrassing Moments" I have a cracker to kick off with ..... Would you post it on General Weight Loss Discussion forum Page? Some don't seem to get looked at much or responded to. Any tips ? xx

Mmm I love grated cauliflower with curries - also supposed to make a great low cal pizza base but I haven't tried that yet.

I have a cracking WREM too - but in terms of where to post the thread, I dunno hun - I only look at the diaries page (and now the Arcade page - that's your fault :D).

Can't you get someone to look after Daisy before Monday? xx

How are you feeling now,

Not feeling brill to be honest. Painkillers keeping on top of it. I may go to Lourdes for the weekend ..... Can't get routine doc appointment until 26th! I know hospital will keep me in if I go to A & E. I am agorophobic and hospitalaphobic (actually called Nosocomephobia :eek:) last time I went as outpatient, I picked up that norovirus bug. Horrendous. Daisy known as Daze is my priority. I know I'm making excuses but hope to see what weekend brings. Taking painkillers and antibiotics which is all they would give me for pleuresy anyway so better in my own clean bed. In my head is that, at my size, they would not operate or resusitate anyway. Now I've cheered you up .... I will post my Weight Related Embarrassing Moments thread, can't wait to hear yours :cool: Chips xx

I completely get everything you say about Daze - my tabby Orbit is my baby girl and the entire focus of my world :)

I also think that as long as you've got some drugs to help you, that you are better off at home. I hate hospitals too.

And tell me where you post the MEM (most embarrassing moments) thread :)

Sxx

Last edited:
And tell me where you post the MEM (most embarrassing moments) thread :)

I have just stuck it in the WeightWatchers forum as it will hopefully get more action ! Entitled "WEIGHT RELATED EMBARRASSING MOMENTS - SHARE YOURS" :eek:Chips xxx

Morning all

Feeling very chipper because I'm 1lb shy of posted weight - but have made a promise to myself to stop yo-yoing - I've had two lots of 6lb gains in the last weeks - which I've taken off - but what a waste of time and effort, when I could have been steadily going down and well into the 200s by now.

Anyway, back on track now!

B - bran flakes, yogurt, berries, latte
L - courgette soup, tuna and light Philly wrap
D - beef and mushroom stew with veg mash

Have a good one :)

Hi Susie, knowing you're a calories girl :p I was pleasantly surprised while doing a bit of label reading last night. Friend who is staying for a few weeks bought some mini tubs (triple pack) of Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself Reduced fat Houmous. Whole pot is only 100 cal and half of that is enough to spread on two bits of toast. Delicious with ground black pepper. Old WW points = 1½ pts

Thanks hun, always love to hear about new yummy food :D

I do love those mini pots, they are really nice with Be Good rice cakes :) I keep thinking I could make hummus but I never get round to it...

I also like the Be Good tuna sandwich filler, the tin is 90 cals, so I'm having the coronation chicken one today on a brown bread wrap :) That's how I do my online shopping these days, I just get it to search for be Good and see what it brings up.

I'm glad I'm not at home today, could eat for England! But I'll have an apple instead.

good afternoon susie
lol lol i was like that yesterday at work i could have eaten a fridge out and go back for a second fridge but just went and got myself a couple of little oranges instead wow when we do things like that susie we know we are turning a corner :)

Absolutely babes!

And another habit I need to break - I love two pieces of toast with something sweet on them before I go to bed. I usually have the cals left over to accommodate this, but I do need to not do it every night, so I'm not craving it once my cal allowance goes down (as I lose more).

Just had a lovely visit from a friend with her four month old baby :)

Absolutely babes!

And another habit I need to break - I love two pieces of toast with something sweet on them before I go to bed. I usually have the cals left over to accommodate this, but I do need to not do it every night, so I'm not craving it once my cal allowance goes down (as I lose more).

Just had a lovely visit from a friend with her four month old baby :)

good evening
ohh susie bless i bet you loved your visit thats lovely ..............
i think you are doing great though with your diet and like you said you got the calories so why
not use them up you enjoy it susie and least your not getting up in the night raiding the fridge :D

I am full of beans this morning :) Woke up at 6, did my first mile of Leslie Sansome (yaye, first exercise in months and months :eek:), did WI - and I'm back to 302 - so the gains have gone, and now I can focus on getting to the 200s, then to my second stone and so on.

Menu on mfp.

Have a great day!

Back