Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh I hate that part of it too Tibbs, some nights I think I could cook an egg on the soles of my feet :D.

Love the idea of the wicker basket too, but sorry to disillusion you on the shopping, sadly there are no real cutesy villagey type places :(. What did surprise me was there are hardly any big fruit/veg markets, like you get everywhere in France. I shop in supermarkets, usually Eurospin because it's the cheapest :).

Well I've spent the afternoon googling Instant Pot reviews and recipes. Oh dear oh dear I so want one! But do I need one....:rolleyes:

D Day has arrived! Did WI earlier and it was horrible, I'm back to my heaviest - so the only way is down!

I really have to make this work so am throwing everything at it. Found a bunch of (alleged) weight loss vits - raspberry ketones, detox cleanse, acai berry and garcinia cambogia - so have started them today; and also found some packets of slim noodles - which are fab at making you feel really full, so they will go in evening meals, as that's my worst time for temptation. The spiralizer has been dusted off and is sitting on the bench; and I've created a Word doc EE food diary.

B - leftover bad stuff - so the kitchen and fridge are SW focused now!
L - turkey pasta made with cottage cheese and mustard sauce and lots of S veg
D - veg stew with baked beans and spinach - plus slim noodles - S/P
Syns - cheese and crackers; hot choc drink

Need to do a big shop so I can get fruit and veg in!

Have a good day, everyone x

D Day has arrived! Did WI earlier and it was horrible, I'm back to my heaviest - so the only way is down!

I really have to make this work so am throwing everything at it. Found a bunch of (alleged) weight loss vits - raspberry ketones, detox cleanse, acai berry and garcinia cambogia - so have started them today; and also found some packets of slim noodles - which are fab at making you feel really full, so they will go in evening meals, as that's my worst time for temptation. The spiralizer has been dusted off and is sitting on the bench; and I've created a Word doc EE food diary.

B - leftover bad stuff - so the kitchen and fridge are SW focused now!
L - turkey pasta made with cottage cheese and mustard sauce and lots of S veg
D - veg stew with baked beans and spinach - plus slim noodles - S/P
Syns - cheese and crackers; hot choc drink

Need to do a big shop so I can get fruit and veg in!

Have a good day, everyone x

Yay, you're sounding all positive there Suzie and menu is looking good. Will be looking for tips from you as hubby is struggling to stay on plan at the minute and needs some inspiration.
Have you tried the SW Doner kebab meat? Dave's worst times are the evening and I make that up for him to have with pickles etc. Makes quite a bit so I slice it super thin & freeze in portions.
Happy downwards journey X

With the planning you're doing, it sounds like you're going to be off to a great start, Susie!:D

As I may have mentioned a few (hundred:p) times in the past, I'm a massive fan of pre-planning my menu for the day - and for the week, to some extent - so that I know what yummy stuff I have to look forward to. Makes it much easier to get through those hungry/crave-y moments that we all have if I know there's a really nice meal coming along in a wee while. Sometimes my plan changes - things happen, or I simply don't fancy what I planned! - but having some kind of structure is always helpful, I find.

Many, many people seem to struggle with evenings, so you're definitely not alone there. I guess the good thing with SW is that, as I understand it, if you're hungry you can always snack on fruit/veggies, so you're never in a situation where you "can't" eat anything (unlike me if I run out of calories!:eek:).

And you can maybe play around with meal timings to see how they affect you? These days I try to load my calories towards the latter half of the day because I know I won't get through the evening without a cupboard raid if I let myself get hungry then. But we are all so different on that score that it's worth experimenting to see what works best for you.

Anyway, hope you're having a lovely shop - I know I love it when my fridge is newly stocked with shiny, fresh fruit and veg!:D

Best of luck, hun - you've got this!x

Hi Susie,
I´ve had a quick look at some of your posts and just wanted to say that firstly, Go you ! and well done on getting the WI over and done with. It sounds like you´re a woman with a plan.
In fact you ´re inspiring me to give SW another go myself. Well you and the fact that it seems to be very popular here. In fact I suspect it was how I came across this site in the first place. Looking for a SW forum that is.
I too live out of the UK and can´t attend classes.
Ehm.. will have a think.

Meanwhile I wish you lots of happy, healthy eating and look forward to seeing those numbers reducing.

Hi lovelies, thanks for the encouragement etc, much appreciated, especially as the thought "Oh it's frizzante time" went through my head earlier and it was only for your posts that I said no to fizz!! What am I like, it's only Day 1....

Feeling a bit knackered at the moment, doing a simple grocery shop took all the energy I had (think it's the tail end of this virus and just being generally SO unfit), so it was good to come home, put it all away and then flop down for a bit. The workmen were here today and have assembled my new Ikea bookcase and it's fab, I'm really happy with it - and it means I can finally unpack the last of the boxes and get books/CDs/DVDs/knick knacks on the shelves yaye. That's for tomorrow, as well as making a big pasta bake - Mah Jong evenings are starting up again and everyone's happy to eat SW food :D.

Right, no more thoughts of frizzante - I know I could just have one glass but once it's open, it's more a case of just one bottle :rolleyes:. I am however going to use some syns on a G&T before my veg stew.

Have you tried the SW Doner kebab meat?

TBH I don't like doner meat much, it's not something I would seek out in the UK - but I know lots of people love it. I did get some chicken, sossies and pork slices today, so that's my protein sorted :).

... you can maybe play around with meal timings to see how they affect you? These days I try to load my calories towards the latter half of the day because I know I won't get through the evening without a cupboard raid if I let myself get hungry then. But we are all so different on that score that it's worth experimenting to see what works best for you.

Anyway, hope you're having a lovely shop - I know I love it when my fridge is newly stocked with shiny, fresh fruit and veg!:D

I think you're right, i need to eat dinner a bit earlier, maybe 5.30ish, then fill up with the gazillions of vits and lots of water later :). I did an Ok shop, I noticed veg is more expensive than normal - maybe because of the awful winter and everything got killed off? But got a nice big bag of apples, strawbs, and lots of green veg - plus cheddar slices woohoo! Any kind of mature cheese is impossible to find here but Eurospin does cheddar slices that I can use as my HEA on crackers I got from Lidl which are the same cals as Scan bran, so they can be my HEB :).

...you're inspiring me to give SW another go myself. Well you and the fact that it seems to be very popular here.

Thanks Rosenm! There is a very big section here for SW people, but I prefer this Wemitts section :). There's lots of FB groups too and blogs etc. Just shout if you think you might give it a try and I can post some of them into your diary thread.

Hello my love. Not visited for such a long time and wanted to say hi. Life is looking proper good for you right now Susie. So much going on it all sounds so exciting !
Did you ever get your dream bedroom? I remember you posted some photos of it last year. Lots of greens and silks with bird embroidery, if memory serves me right.
Your tenacity is inspiring Susie you just keep on carrying on! You go girl
Lots of love Lottie x

Lottie!!!! How lovely to see you here, my lovely xxxxxx - and how is everything with you?

I'm afraid I had to skip the green/bird wallpaper - just too £££ - but I have a lovely bedroom nonetheless - large, with windows both sides, one looking out to the village and the other to the mountains - and my French bed and Chinese furniture look great in it.

LOL I don't know about tenacity - but if I don't lose weight soon I'll need to be airlifted out if anything happens :eek::p - anyway I moved here to enjoy all that life offers, not stay indoors all the time because my knees hurt and I get puffed out just climbing the stairs - so, onwards and downwards! :D

Last edited:
Day 2 and feeling a bit zonked, had to get up about 6 times in the night for the loo! That's what happens when you drink a litre of water before bed, to wash down 17 different supplements :eek:o_O! Thought a list might make you smile - or scratch your heads in puzzlement! I'm a big fan of herbal supplements - some I know really work, some I'm trying out to see how they go.

Diet ones - detox cleanse, raspberry ketones, acai berry, garcinia cambogia, co enzyme Q10
Menopause ones - sage leag, grape seed/green tea/pine bark. magnesium, potassium, zinc
Immune system ones - turmeric, oregano oil, green tea
Plus - hawthorn berries and motherwort (heart health), ginkgo biloba (memory) and glucosamine/chondroitin/boswellia for my knees.

Menu for today -

B - tom and spinach omelette
L - pork slices and cauli mash
D - pasta bake with olives, toms, mince
HEA/B - cheese and crackers (prob)
Snacks - strawberries, apple, yogurt

Rainy and cold here today, so it's an indoors day. Have to do the pasta bake for tonight, and thought I'd get the books on my fab new shelf :).

Bookcase.jpg

Ah wow! IKEA shelving system envy going on here! I'd be in heaven with that :)
Your menu for the day is looking good, Inspired,I'll make Dave a pasta bake for his tea.
Are you taking the immune system supplements for anything specific & if yes do you feel they're working? My sister's immune system is wrecked with drugs for arthritis, she's well into herbal supplements but I've never heard her mention oregano oil.
Have a great day unpacking your treasures and filling up your bookcase.
Ooo and well done for not cracking open the fizz X

Thanks hun - am really pleased with the shelving. The plan is to put shoes and cat toys in the wicker baskets, and things like paperwork and scarves in the drawers, save me traipsing upstairs (although no doubt I could do with more stair climbing for the exercise!).

The oil of oregano - I use the Zane Hellas one as it has the highest levels of carvacrol in it - inhibits lots of different bacterial strains and has amazing antibiotic qualities. For some reason Am doesn't have the softgels at the moment but you can also get a tincture. I'd also recommend Vita Premium turmeric (also called curcumin) with black pepper in it, helps it absorb. Ginger and ginseng are good too.

Just jumping on to say I am in love with my instant pot! husband thought it was another one of my wasteful kitchen gadgets (bread maker anyone? I don't even eat bread!) but I have used it at least once a day since, and more like two or three times. BUY BUY BUY! (I promise I'm not on commission!)

Your shelves look lovely :)

Oh Goldi you naughty woman, I'd just told myself firmly that I can't afford one - then you go and tempt me all over again :D.

What do you use yours for mostly? I have most of the gadgets that offer the same functions as the iPot - rice maker, yogurt maker, egg boiler, slow cooker, soup maker - but I could do with the extra space if i got rid of them. Can't I? LOL.

To be honest, I only ever use the manual pressure thing. I have made porridge, rice, all types of vegetables, chicken, bolognese, chilli, soup, boiled eggs, curry and a sausage casserole. Cooking a whole chicken from frozen in about 35 mins is v useful! also eat cauliflower more as I never used to be bothered to boil it for ages but it's super quick in the instant pot, and you can walk away from it rather than supervising a boiling pan. OK. enough advertising.......

Hi Susi,
Shelves look great as does the menu for today.

Enjoy your "indoor day " .

Gold-chocs ; oh my ! more temptation. I love kitchen gadgets but like Susi, no room,.. and I really could do with saving money, not spending. lol.
Of course - I went to have a look at one as soon as you mentioned yours.

Those are some seriously nice shelves!...I'd probably be needing the Ginkgo biloba to remember what I'd put in all those drawers, mind you:D

I stopped myself googling the Instant Pot when you first mentioned it, but I have now...and I want one too:rolleyes: Can't really justify it though, so must not order...must not order...must not order...

Well done for resisting the frizz - getting through the first few days of a new diet is always challenging because it means breaking habits that, by and large, we'd really rather keep! Gotta be done, though, 'cos if you change nothing, nothing will change (deep, eh?;)).

Hope you've had a nice day sorting your bits and bobs and are now relaxing with your yummy-sounding pasta bake - buon appetito!:D

Evening lovelies - well once again it's been a testing day. The boiler pressure has dropped so no hot water and I don't know how to fix it, then the power went off for an hour, then the water went off (never mind that it's been pouring with rain for two days) and the loo sounded like it was going to explode, then I dropped my phone and nearly stood on it.

But on the plus side, I'd already made the pasta bake, which went down well at my friends' house. I had two very small pieces of bread and one small slice of cheese with a glass of wine, so I kept within my HEA/B/syns etc. They made two lovely salads - one with raw fennel sliced thinly and orange pieces, with the orange juice squeezed over it as dressing - lush!

So, Day 2 and 100% on plan :D. Luckily I've got nowhere I need to be tomorrow so another cold wash at the sink will see me through!

Last edited:
Evening all - one happy bunny reporting in. The hot water is back on, thanks to a lovely builder friend who has just popped round after a long day at work!

And I've got a smashing dinner in the oven - http://www.lasandcolgotexan.com/slimming-world-cheesy-broccoli-and-potato-bake/. I left out the toms, swapped potato for cauliflower, and will use parmesan on top as my HEA instead of cheddar (can't get blocks of cheddar here - probably just as well!). So that's lots of speed food coming my way! Will report back on how it tastes.

Hope you had a great day! xxx

Thanks for the supplement info Suzie, I was telling my sister out the ones you mentioned and I think I'll get them for her as she's poorly again.
Brilliant that you were out at a friend's and still stuck to plan, you sound like you're enjoying it.
I like that site you posted, hadn't heard of it before. Some good recipes on it that I'll be giving a try X

Back