Susie's 2022 campaign

I bet you felt like hugging the vet:)howfantastic of her to backdate the paperwork and what a nightmare that could have been if she hadn't!
:eek:Have you any gadgets left? You've gone wild ditching stuff:)mind you, I could easily give the spiralizer away as I'm not impressed with it, but not the little egg boiler.
Hope the paperwork & passport go smoothly and final bits & bobs done quickly so you're well relaxed for your journey. What time are you setting off? We should have a Susie Tracker like a Santa Tracker:D (did you notice I did the correct spelling? But I'll always call you Suzie:D) X

I've just had a quick catch up on your progress Susie. I'm feeling exhausted just reading about it! Huge :0clapper::thankyouthankyou:congrats on getting the job, but then we all knew you'd do it.
Thank goodness for getting the paperwork sorted by the vet - phew! I hope you are allowing yourself a little time to relax before the long haul homewards.

I like Tibbs idea of a Susie Tracker

Morning!

Up early today, as Orbit was sick everywhere at 6am after eating the special vet endorsed gentle food last night - so that obviously didn't agree with her, poor baby. Then the toilet blocked - but managed to get it unblocked. Tried to sleep more but was fretting about everything that needs doing today, so I'm now happy to report that it's Mission Accomplished - one pet passport sorted! TG....Also paid the gas bill, got some cash and finished packing the kitchen.

Off to Lanciano to hand over the paperwork in a bit, then I'm coming home for a snooze :D.

Also just got an email from work, the boss wants me to start earlier than we discussed - so I've said 1 November, gives me a week to unpack a bit and sort stuff out for the flat.

Love the idea of a tracker :). @Tibbs - all I have left is the soup maker and soya milk machine, and will prob sell both when I get back - so I can make room for the IP and the Ninja kitchen system! :D You didn't seriously think I could live in a gadget free home, did you? :D

At first I was :eek: no gadgets! How lush to know you're buying the ninja kitchen system..I've dropped numerous hints that I'd like one:D

Anyway, safe journey home Suzie. Take care and do a quick post at your hotel stops if you can so we can track your progress. Massive hugs X TibbsX

Thanks Claire Bear!

Made it to Troiano (northern Abruzzo) no probs. Poor Stella cried all the way but both cats are happy and fed now. Duncan (removalist) made a lovely pasta meal and now The fur babies and I are in the nice spare bedroom, chilling before lights out.

Up early tomorrow, a long drive to Como. Night night xxx

Hi Suzie, pleased all is going well and first part of journey is done. Safe journey tomorrow..sweet dreams. Tibbs X

Hi ladies we're home safe and sound. The cats are confused so I've put them to bed. The flat is a mess but the car is now MOT'd and taxed, and I've got a big glass of wine in front of me! The Three sim I bragged about was rubbish, could only get 3G so am using the 4g from my italian. Ooh a guest has arrived, speak later xxx

I do feel a bit intrepid :) - never mind that people do the trip all the time - but there were a lot of firsts there for me. One thing is for sure - never again! Long trips like that, concentrating all the time, is exhausting. Add into the mix two wailing cats (Stella cried constantly for 3 1/2 days, I kid you not!), rain, aggressive drivers and other mini dramas, meant I breathed a huge sigh of relief when we got home.

I'm roughing it a bit for the next few days, including sleeping on a mattress on the floor tonight because my old French bed requires tools to put together, which i don't have. and is too low anyway. So I've decided to get a new sleigh bed frame and flog the old bed on eBay...

How does it feel to be back? Good, really good, familiar, yet strange all at the same time. Keep reminding myself to drive on the left :) - but it's so lovely to hear English spoken everywhere, and I've been able to get rid of the horrible useless Three sim and get Sky broadband, which comes on next Monday. In the meantime I've tethered my laptop to the Italian sim so still got internet - fabuloso!

Will catch up with all your news tomorrow xxx

Hello Suzie, so pleased to read you're home safe and sound. I think you should be patting yourself on the back after such a mammoth journey on your own. It must have felt like bliss sitting down with your well deserved glass of wine:)
You know, I think they lie about 4G, I can only ever get 3G as well and nobody I know around here gets it either..fibbers!
I always think it's nice to come home, it's comforting to see the old place again but after a long stay away it oddly seems like the rooms have shrunk, they make me happy though and they sharp stretch again:)
Don't shatter yourself sorting things out and enjoy chatting away in English while you're out and about.
Enjoy your day X

Glad your back safe, busy today so talk later

I feel a minimins London road trip coming on

Back