Susie's 2022 campaign

It must have felt like bliss sitting down with your well deserved glass of wine:)

Oh my it was so nice, I had two more and then slept like a log - even though it was just a mattress on the floor :D.

You know, I think they lie about 4G, I can only ever get 3G as well and nobody I know around here gets it either..fibbers!

My Italian sim has picked up EE and that's a nice, strong 4G signal - but Three are big bad liars, and I'll never go near them again. Sky is fab, had it before, and I've ordered a Plusnet sim, 5GB of data, etc for a tenner.
after a long stay away it oddly seems like the rooms have shrunk, they make me happy though and they sharp stretch again:)

LOL yes I'm going from a big 2 bed 2 storey house to a small 2 bed flat - made smaller by the fact that my three Abruzzo builder handymen guys are staying here tonight! They're going to the Metallica concert at the O2 and needed somewhere to crash, so a friend lent me a blow up bed last night. So they are all sorted - plus they assembled my old French bed - so I've got a proper bed to sleep on tonight yaye!

I feel a minimins London road trip coming on

YES!!!!

I've seen Metallica, they were brilliantly loud..i ended up with migraine:D

I've seen Metallica, they were brilliantly loud..i ended up with migraine:D

I can get headaches without Metallica, wine is so much nicer and just as successful at providing a headache.

The lads loved it, they came in about 1am all starry eyed and with hoarse voices :D. Headed straight to bed then and I slept really well, it was bliss!

A mini triumph this morning, I found the mugs and tea, so after a brew up they headed off. My first decent cuppa for five days - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Now I'm waiting for my mate's dad (he's a handyman) to come and fix some things for me, then more unpacking. Should finish the kitchen today - TG I had a major clearout first!

So....what do you miss from Italy?

TBH not much yet, perhaps it's too early to say - friends of course, but my closest friend there goes away for six months of the year so she's about to leave anyway.

Well my word I've just had the biggest sleep in - was up very late unpacking and only woke up properly at 2pm! I got loads done in the kitchen, only three boxes to go, and three bags of clothes (which have to wait until I get a chest of drawers, picking one up from a Freccycler on Monday) - and I am finished unpacking! I really love the fact that I haven't got a load of useless stuff anymore, makes life very simple :).

Mr Tesco (how I've missed you) is delivering a week's worth of ready meals soon - I thought I'd make things simple on the food front until i get settled in, but will calorie count it from the weekend.

Mr Tesco (actually it was two of them) came on time and now the firdge is full yaye.

@Tibbs you will be so proud of me, I've just bought an IP and a Ninja Kitchen System - on special on eBay, saved about £40. Can't wait to use them! Did lots more online shopping today - a broom, clothes airer, iron and board, etc - but that's all I need now.

Green with envy over your new gadgets Suzie:D I'm still sitting on the fence about the IP so will be interested to see what you think of it.
You sound so much happier now you're home..are the cats settling in? X

Thanks hun, the cats seem OK and have both gone outside today for a bit - and found their way back again, which is a bonus :).

I am much happier now the packing and journey are all over, and getting a bit of normality back into my life. Eg I had a nice chat to the neighbour this morning, something that wouldn't have happened in Italy. It's the little things that count :).

Will report back on the IP x

Are you in a very built up area, I would be terrified of cats near traffic

Feeling very industrious and it's only lunchtime!

Boxes are all unpacked and the clothes rail, iron, ironing board and airer are arriving any minute so I can get cracking later with washing and getting tunics etc hung up. Not much left to unpack now, two bags of bedding and two of clothing.

Also done council tax, electric and water online, and registered to vote. My Sky router has arrived and comes onstream on Monday. The agent is coming round Monday to discuss claims for damage to the flat (they've chipped the laminate flooring loads, left mould on the bottom of my new wooden slat blinds and around the bathroom sink, etc), and then I'm meeting mates for lunch and we're going to pick up a Freecycle chest of drawers.

Now all I need is a sofa and we're done! I've asked the removalist to quote for bringing my one back from Italy so will see how much that is first.

Last edited:
Morning all

I thought I'd be bothered by the road noise here but had another cracking sleep last night :).

Was expecting some Amazon deliveries today and happily the guy came early, so I've just unwrapped my Ninja Kitchen System and oh boy @Tibbs it is a thing of beauty! The blender jug and food processor bowl are square, which I love, and they are BIG! I'm going to make lots of soups and green smoothies once I start work, and this gorgeous piece of kit is just the business :).
:banana_dancer:

Am going to have a nice relaxing weekend, because I'm busy again Monday and Tuesday - and Wednesday is work day! :D

Ah Suzie, I am soooo jealous about your ninja kitchen system...there is just something about the square bowl that makes me want one, in fact I need one..please Santa, let me have it! Are you keep looking at it and touching it:D I would be:D
Wowza Suze, you have been super busy with the unpacking. Isn't it so annoying when people damage your things. Some people just don't care!
Good the noise isn't keeping you awake after village life. It used to drive me nuts when I visited my daughter, non stop traffic and partying all around.
Work is coming around fast, do you have far to travel? Excited? X

Absolutely Claire Bear, I didn't realise just how much I was missing being in the UK, funny how you can lie so easily to yourself eh? :).

Tibbs I DO keep touching the Ninja, it's gorgeous. Tell Santa you absolutely deserve one! :). Re work, it's 5 mins drive around the corner - which is perfect. Soon I'll be complaining about it I'm sure haha, but it is such a godsend to have work and not worry about money for a bit. Now I need to visualise the Italian house selling!

Haha! I thought you'd keep smiling and stroking the ninja as you pass..we're like peas in a pod:D
Wow, perfect job to be just 5mins away and it's really good you've got it instead of worrying about finding work. It's amazing how things fell into place once you decided to leave Italy..fate. X

Back