Susie's 2022 campaign

image.jpeg
:rotflmao:

Morning all

Had a cracking night's sleep, only woke up once (apart from a few coming to's and dropping off again), and am now slurping my extra strong Tetleys.

Like Tippy, I've bee thinking about diet plans and decided not to worry about it this month and then in January I'm going to try low carb again. I really loved it and only came a cropper because of the bread, but there are so many low carb products out there now, including Livlife bread from Waitrose for 2g carbs a slice - so hopefully that will help me get over that carby hump!

There's even an amazing drink that helps throw you back in keto if you stray!

But it will mean a carbfest until Jan, as the cupboard is FULL of pasta I brought back from Italy. If it was all still packets I'd take it to work but I'd put it all in jars already, so will just have to eat it.

Hello Susie!

I've lurked for a couple of weeks, so I am kind of up to date with your news! It's lovely to read that you are back in the UK, and sounding so positive!! Being back looks to be the right thing for you!

Your plan for the New Year sounds good! You know that it works for you, so you should be able to get back into low-carbing fairly easily. I know what you mean about the bready goodness!!! Can't beat freshly baked white bread with lots of butter!!

Hey Ellie and Denn, how are you - Brum seems a long time ago doesn't it?! :)

Well that was a long and rather stressy day, responding to the Co-op announcement and a gazillion other things.

Also found out I need to get up about 4.30am (OMG) on Wednesday to get the 6.16am train to Manchester...oh joy o_O.

Last edited:
I have very fond memories of Brum :) It was a lovely day!

Will the Co-op announcement have much of an effect?

4:30am should not be allowed, far too early! Manchester is a lovely city though.

Yes i loved meeting you all in Brum too - wonder how Essie is getting on...But am horrified to realise that I weigh exactly the same now as I did then. Progress made? Zero!

The Co-op thing won't change our partnership with them - we get surplus food from them but it's still in date. But of course the media went mental and the phones rang hot. Got the boss on ITV News but home too late to watch it - ah well...

It would good to know how Essie is getting on. Oh don't worry, I weigh at least 3 to 4 stone more than Brum! It's terrible!!

That's alright then. You do amazing work. It's not surprising that the media are creating a storm over it.

Another lurker here... but reminiscing about our meet up has drawn meboutbifvthe corner!!
Such a nice day. I lost a whole load more weight after that, but now post-baby prob about backbto Birmingham weight!

Aw, Essie, Shelly, Candice, Tracy..so many people I’d love to hear how they’re doing

Long time no see/hear Denn and Elanor - hope all is well xx

At least I can zzz on the train - and all the arrangements are in place now, so all good.

Claire Bear - I still chat occasionally to Candice and Shelley on FB, both doing ok xx

Well, I'm home finally after taking a Guardian journo round the warehouse and into town to meet a charity that takes our food, so all good - but early to bed tonight I think!

Food? Disastrous! i had my lunch, then someone bought 10 portion of hot chips in from the local chippy and I had loads of that. Felt sick all afternoon!

Can I come and work with you?

I don't like chips that much but there's something about the smell of chip shop chips:p Deeeevine

Hey Soozy, where are you that you're on a train at 4:30am..you must have had to sleepwalk to the station!
Agree with Stacky..wide awake at that time if waiting to board a plane:) X

G'day gals - just back home at 5.30pm so that was a long one :).

Tibbs I went to Manchester, a good day, it went really well. The Telegraph interviewed some amazing young people and teachers at a school for autistic kids - one didn't speak at all until he started working with the cook on a weekly lunch for older people in a day centre across the road - and now he's so confident he did an interview with the journalist. Then we took the Christmas meal over to the day centre and they all got stuck into a roast turkey lunch, followed by crumble (a choice of apple, pear or plum) - all prepared by these kids with quite extreme forms of autism, under supervision. They served the food and did the dishes afterwards - and it was all food provided by FareShare - such a lovely example of food as therapy.

Foodwise for me, it was nuts, I had a coffee and bacon muffin thing at 5.30am then nothing else today...was salivating when they took the turkeys out of the oven :D :D.

Will eat and go to bed, i think!

Another lurker here... but reminiscing about our meet up has drawn meboutbifvthe corner!!
Such a nice day. I lost a whole load more weight after that, but now post-baby prob about backbto Birmingham weight!

Aw, Essie, Shelly, Candice, Tracy..so many people I’d love to hear how they’re doing

Long time no see/hear Denn and Elanor - hope all is well xx
Hey! Hope you're well too xx
Birmingham ''was'' a good day!

Back