Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi sis, attempting to write while Bobby is trying to rip my slipper off! Love the unit you bought from eBay..bargain.
Woo hoo about your trip back to NZ..what an incentive to lose more weight. You are so much happier and doing so marvellous on SW✨ You're making good choices, not hitting the SYN kitchen at work as much either and adjusting your syns if needed..you've cracked it, so very proud of you💜

Aww thanks Sis :). Having said that, I haven't had a great couple of weeks - meals themselves have been good but I've been snacking on bad stuff. So anticipate a gain tomorrow night but that's life eh?

Otherwise, I've been having a lovely relaxing weekend, chilling out with the cats and chatting to friends back home about the visit :). One part of me is going with an eye to moving back there in five years. I've always been quite restless (as you may have gathered lol) and I've been toying with this idea for a long time - pre Italy - but couldn't really bear the thought of leaving London up until now. But I will have to retire somewhere other than London, and it makes sense to move somewhere where I know I'll have good support. Getting old on your own can be tricky, and I imagine I'll need family around when the wheels come off the body, physically or mentally. The moving costs aren't too bad either - to send the car, cats and furniture would be about £10K, and my best mate has a flat under her house that I could rent - by the sea :).

We shall see - depends how I feel about it when I'm back there. Even though I call it home, I've been away for a long, long time...

B - eggs and bacon
L - chicken with a little light mayo
D - chicken stirfry (did I mention I got about £40 worth of chicken from work!)

Food is all ready for tomorrow too, so I just need to keep away from the butter cookies!

Big plans moving back to Zealand. Moving cost does sound quite reasonable.
We are toying with the idea to move to Ireland or Belgium. Just depends if there are jobs and what would happen with my pension here.
Food looks good today again xx :)

I think you can get a UK pension pretty much wherever you go, Tessa, I know I can get the UK one even if I move back to NZ. In fact, I'm counting on it! :D.

Found some berries that I'd defrosted and which needed using up so am having a smoothie with spinach, berries, maca powder, green tea powder, cinnamon, a little skim milk and water. All very healthy - but you need to close your eyes because it's black in colour! :D. Tastes nice though, will make up another for brekkie tomorrow.

Great smoothie.

Didn't you mention before about moving back to NZ and then discounted it for some reason.

Didn't you mention before about moving back to NZ and then discounted it for some reason.

Sounds like me, I can change my mind as often as my knickers :). I probably I felt I wasn't ready to go back - not sure if I am now, TBH. My brother says it's a great idea but is also careful to point out that it's a very different place from the one I left in 1985 (although I've been back loads). So the trip in Feb is an exploratory mission! :).

I remember you talking about going back to NZ while you were still in Italy, and that your friend had a place for you to stay. Someone..maybe your friend or family had highlighted the crime rate and it put you off..though at the time you were in Italy on your own and that may have made it seem worse. It's more than likely no different to anywhere.
It is hard as you get older and need to start thinking about support, my sister gets scared about being so ill and being on her own and what the future holds for her. Personally, I'm the type that quashes all things like that until it's very necessary to face it.
The opportunity to move back home sounds very good, especially with renting your friend's place, and even better that it's by the sea. I think when you're near retiriring that you'll know where you want to be X

Morning all

Got little sleep last night, what with everything going on, so will just do weigh in tonight and then slink off home for an early night. Expecting a mahoosive gain - but that's life, gonna take it on the chin (and avoid any more cliches in this sentence lol).

Tibbsy just saw your post :). Good memory missus! I don't know why I said that about the crime in NZ, it's much lower than here - but it sounds like I was 'using' it to persuade myself that it wasn't for me. I will stop going on about it here at some point, I promise, just bear with me until then :D.

I worked out the money situation and I'd be much better off moving back, which would give me lots more money to travel etc.

Anyhoo, food -

B - bacon and spinach omelette, coffee
L - smoothie - same as yesterday
D - meatballs in tom sauce with broccoli (no treat night tonight!)

If its by the beach then I can come and live with you in NZ for a year or two until you settle down.
I didn't remember it being the crime rate but thought it was along the linrs of you had left for a reason and it wouldn't be the same living there again.
Anyway, a holiday seems like a great idea.

Hopefully the visit back to NZ should help you to make up your mind, either way it will be nice to get back and see everyone. Food sounds good, well done for going and facing the scales tonight. Whatever the result I'm sure you can have a good loss next week. Keep going :classic_big_grin:

Sorry Susie, hope you can move in swiftly from this and get those few pounds off.

Eating at work is so hard, obviouslynwith your temptation levels there it’s even harder!!

For me, preparation is the key - I pack my meal bar, fruit and allocated snacks and that’s that - no more! Just don’t even look at what’s availible!! My workplace had an area in the kitchen where people put cakes, biscuits, himade stuff or bits they’ve bought back from holiday - it’s amazing!! There is literally always at least one huge cake... temptation is ridiculous, but I just don’t even look 🙈😂

Thanks ladies - I'm feeling very ON IT today!

The rules are -

- I've pledged to eat ONLY the food I take to work
- everyone at work has promised to stop me eating anything except the food I've brought
- I'm taking nothing home unless it's protein or veg
- I'm going to use syns up in my actual meals - so, oil, cheese, etc

Food today -

B - bacon and spinach omelette
L - half my planned lunch - chilli/rock salt pork meatballs in a lush tom sauce with spinach and broccoli
D - the other half of lunch with HEA cheese
S - HEB crackers with Sweet Freedom syrup - 2.5 syns

My goal is to lose four more stone by Feb.

Great plan, I admire your enthusiasm

You're doing so well Susie!! I'm so proud of you :)

I like your 4 point plan! It's very sensible :) You can definitely lose that 4 st by Feb! xx

Thanks ladies - now I just need to stick to it.

But there's always something to buy for the kitchen to help :). The latest is a fridge blackboard menu and some pens so I can do the week's menu.

So, syns today -

2 Hifis = 6
1 Options drink - 1.5
2 tsp Sweet Freedom 1

Total - 8.5

Happy with that. Sleep well, all x

Ugh it’s now 3am and my back is killing me - after 10 mins standing up on the jiggler after dinner (can’t think what else it could be). Will leave it a couple of days and try again...

Back