SW a good idea for maintenance?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fortune_cookie, 5 May 2011 Social URL.

1. fortune_cookie

fortune_cookie Night Hawk

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi all,

I am looking for the best solution to maintain post Exante diet, which I will finish soon. I am very happy with what I achieved and obviously terrified that I might get it right back.

I read the stickies and a few threads (I am totally new to the idea, did not know previously anything about SW) but couldn't find people who use this for maintaining. Do you think would be suitable? Anybody else did this coming from a VLCD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    There have been a few people who have moved from VLCD to sw and noticed a gain say in there first few weeks, but that has stoped. As long as you follow the plan you should be a ok, I;m not sure if there is a difference between a maintaining slimming world plan and that which you use to loose weight as you can tell by the numbers, currently still loosing weight. Also well done on your weight loss :D

4. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've lost my weight on SW and am maintaining using SW. It's only been a month though. My food diary is in my sig (though i've only just started writing it!)

5. fortune_cookie

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hey, thanks. I am reading intensely at the moment, all these seem so complicated right now. I am amazed, feels like a whole new language :p

6. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Hello and well done on your weight loss. I've been maintaining for over a year on the SW plan, having lost my weight on the plan too.
    It's a fantastic plan IMO.

7. determinator

determinator Banned

Hi , I have lost most of my weight on a VLCD ( CD) and have moved to SW to loose the last bit and then I plan to use the principals to maintain as it really s a great plan to teach you how to eat properly . I initally jumped straight off CD onto my own plan of rubbish for a week , then a weeks holiday resulted in a 16 lb gain ...but that was my own fault !!
    When you come off a VLCD you WILL gain in the first week as you replace your lost carb and glycogen stores but a normal gain is 4 - 8lb , which will then be lost in a week or 2 if you are sensible .
    SW is a fabulous plan for life and I beleieve that once I get to target I ill be able to maintain with SW :D
    Goodluck

8. fortune_cookie

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for answers, are really helpful. I expect to gain some weight, I tried to aim a little lower than I need, so I can cope with this.

I am researching still, my other options would be Dunkan maintanence phase or Weight Watchers/calorie counting.

Thanks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.