SW a good idea for maintenance?

fortune_cookie

Night Hawk
Hi all,

I am looking for the best solution to maintain post Exante diet, which I will finish soon. I am very happy with what I achieved and obviously terrified that I might get it right back.

I read the stickies and a few threads (I am totally new to the idea, did not know previously anything about SW) but couldn't find people who use this for maintaining. Do you think would be suitable? Anybody else did this coming from a VLCD?

There have been a few people who have moved from VLCD to sw and noticed a gain say in there first few weeks, but that has stoped. As long as you follow the plan you should be a ok, I;m not sure if there is a difference between a maintaining slimming world plan and that which you use to loose weight as you can tell by the numbers, currently still loosing weight. Also well done on your weight loss :D

I've lost my weight on SW and am maintaining using SW. It's only been a month though. My food diary is in my sig (though i've only just started writing it!)

Hey, thanks. I am reading intensely at the moment, all these seem so complicated right now. I am amazed, feels like a whole new language :p

Hello and well done on your weight loss. I've been maintaining for over a year on the SW plan, having lost my weight on the plan too.
It's a fantastic plan IMO.

Hi , I have lost most of my weight on a VLCD ( CD) and have moved to SW to loose the last bit and then I plan to use the principals to maintain as it really s a great plan to teach you how to eat properly . I initally jumped straight off CD onto my own plan of rubbish for a week , then a weeks holiday resulted in a 16 lb gain ...but that was my own fault !!
When you come off a VLCD you WILL gain in the first week as you replace your lost carb and glycogen stores but a normal gain is 4 - 8lb , which will then be lost in a week or 2 if you are sensible .
SW is a fabulous plan for life and I beleieve that once I get to target I ill be able to maintain with SW :D
Goodluck

Thanks for answers, are really helpful. I expect to gain some weight, I tried to aim a little lower than I need, so I can cope with this.

I am researching still, my other options would be Dunkan maintanence phase or Weight Watchers/calorie counting.

Thanks!

Back