SW biggest loser??

Hey - I didn't get a thing (well consultant replaced my lost cufflinks last year as a gift but that was well after the event).

Each group is meant to hold this fun competitions each year - man of the year, woman of the year, etc. etc. etc. If you then meet criteria and (most importantly) wish to - you could then fill in the forms for entering the national competition. These do have to be in by a cut-off date obviously - and it's surprising how many groups have their in-group session after this date.

The forms though are worse then any job application form I've ever filled in. 11 pages in total about you and your journey.

For Greatest Loser - from those submitting their forms - it's simply the top 10 eligable weight losses that get invited to a presentation in London (typically I believe in April).

For the others - there are criteria to be met (for men that's based on weight/hieght/waist size). From there there are (from my understanding - i'm not a consultant) the regionals (woman of the year only), then national semi-finals and finals (typically held same day at Head Office).

For Man/Woman/Young Person - the regionals/semi/finals consist of standing up (or sitting) and talking about your journey in 5minutes. I'm going to be honest here - and say they're looking for the person who best fills their needs/wishes as an ambassador for the company. You'll probably get to answer a few questions too.

(I'm basing all the above on my own experiences - I was at the national Greatest Loser finals last year (and hope to be this year to) and the Man of the Year semis/final last year (making it into the top 12 finalists)).

Well done on everyone's achievements - be it in group or further.

Should maybe have followed this up earlier - but I did make it to the top 10 of the national finals. Today (Tuesday 5th April) was the event, and I came 5th. These award/competition events are absolutely fantastic and so many wonderful people - and if you ever get the chance to go to one (as a competitor or as a guest), or just to enter one, then do it - it's more then worth the stress/nerves of it all - and the inspiration you get is just fantastic.

Should maybe have followed this up earlier - but I did make it to the top 10 of the national finals. Today (Tuesday 5th April) was the event, and I came 5th. These award/competition events are absolutely fantastic and so many wonderful people - and if you ever get the chance to go to one (as a competitor or as a guest), or just to enter one, then do it - it's more then worth the stress/nerves of it all - and the inspiration you get is just fantastic.

Well done Ian, on your fantastic loss, and on getting so far - amazing amount of hard work and dedication xxx

Back