Snacks Sw ferrero rocher

BettyHart

Ok made these delights a couple of weeks ago and they were an absolute hit in my house. BUT I've tried to make them twice since and can't get it to work, the Nutella just goes into lumps and doesn't mix :-(

Here is my version of the Ferrero Rocher

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Ferrero Rocher-2.jpg

are u melting the nutella inthe microwave a little first? Doing that and mixing in with water should prevent the clumping?
I had a small spoon of golden syrup to mine too which is 2 per tbsp to help them stick together, slightly higher syns but as you make so many out of them they are still less than 1 syn each! yumm!

I was hoping to make these at some point

yes i put the 3 spoons of Nutella in the microwave, melt for about 20 secs literally just to make it a bit softer then mix with a tiny bit of water until its a paste, then chuck in the scan bran and golden syrup :)

Wow these sound amazing!!

Do you think you coukd use chocolate phikedelphia instead of nutella? And ryvita instead of scan bran?

They do look yummy, but quite hard work - Have nuttella so will give them a go this afternoon I think

Back